PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidderminster Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Kidderminster Match Thread  (Read 2774 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 27, 2024, 09:08:37 AM »

For me the time for rotation has ended unless it needs to be for injury/fatigue. Play your best 11

Ross

Banks  Cooper Baines Jones

Osbourne   Wilson

Mooney     CCC   Newby

Linney

Kosylo, Angus, Hancox, Roscoe, Donowa

Massive game, won't be easy but win needed.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Kidderminster Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 09:24:25 AM »

For me the time for rotation has ended unless it needs to be for injury/fatigue. Play your best 11

Ross

Osbourne   Wilson

Mooney     CCC   Newby

Linney

Agreed, same XI and I don't think the manager will be tempted to change it either - at least he managed to withdraw CCC and Newby early last night as they've had huge minutes.

The likes of Wilson, Mooney and Linney should all still feel fresh, and Banks/Jones have sat out a bit too.

Aggborough isn't exactly a happy hunting ground for us over the years (including this season), they don't score and concede many, this will be a tough test.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2024, 09:40:30 AM »

Are you assuming Amaluzor is injured?
Full time and proud of it

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2024, 10:33:35 AM »

Are you assuming Amaluzor is injured?
Yes, he went off early in Warmup v Gateshead for treatment, he definitely was not 100%. So I assume will be out for a week or two.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2024, 11:21:25 AM »

Ross

Osbourne   Wilson

Mooney     CCC   Newby

Linney

I wonder if anyone on this forum has ever said 'I'm in favour of us rotating the squad for this game'? For a meaningful game, that is. Every manager in professional football pretty much believes in squad rotation but us fans don't seem to share that view.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2024, 12:13:11 PM »

He could rest Cooper if his hammy is still twinging in order to rest him for the Easter Monday fixture.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2024, 12:39:36 PM »

Ross

Osbourne   Wilson

Mooney     CCC   Newby

Linney

I wonder if anyone on this forum has ever said 'I'm in favour of us rotating the squad for this game'? For a meaningful game, that is. Every manager in professional football pretty much believes in squad rotation but us fans don't seem to share that view.

If we weren't severely weakening the team by rotation, most on here would favour it. The brutal truth is that that's not the case.
Our next step should be to have a larger squad to be able to do this but at the moment we really should be playing our first choice till games are won and then subbing key players like we did last night.
Every game from now is vital and we can't afford to tinker.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2024, 09:22:08 PM »

Ross

Osbourne   Wilson

Mooney     CCC   Newby

Linney

If we weren't severely weakening the team by rotation, most on here would favour it. The brutal truth is that that's not the case.
Our next step should be to have a larger squad to be able to do this but at the moment we really should be playing our first choice till games are won and then subbing key players like we did last night.
Every game from now is vital and we can't afford to tinker.

That's it, it's not rocket science is it - get the game won like we did the other night, then withdraw key players.

One contradiction of the management team's approach is claiming rotation from the start is necessary due to fatigue, and yet they often make changes so bloody late in the game meaning everyone goes (almost) to the full 90.

I think we can probably get away with rotating the wingers a bit more than the spine, and at the moment Dan Mooney is chipping in with his own contribution - albeit he's still as wasteful as he was in his first spell!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2024, 09:47:21 PM »

Another biggie against a Kiddy side who need a win more than we do. I’d say the same team that started last night. Any sign of Justin A would be a bonus but hopefully he might be in contention for Oldham where I think we’ll need him more. I reckon we’ll definitely need Kosylo & Hancox experience at some stage of the game too.

Obviously there’s been a revival under Phil Brown but they’ve not won in their last 5 matches & only scored 3 in that time. We’ll never have a better chance to end our dire league record at Aggborough. Not going to be one for the purists but I am confident we’ll edge them out for all 3 points.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2024, 10:09:16 PM »

Kiddy were definitely sefcond best in the Trophy game. I hope that doesn't mean they've got something to prove

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2024, 05:58:31 AM »

It's a big game for Kiddy and I'd accept they've got big ambitions to get all three points to avoid the drop. I can see that.
What I won't buy into is any acceptance on our behalf that our desire isn't greater driven by the prize of a play off place.
If we can't generate greater hunger to win than Kiddy I'd be very disappointed in the group we've assembled.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2024, 08:34:38 AM »

We're probably playing them at a good time, now the 'new manager bounce' seems to have worn off a bit - although they've shown they're currently tough to beat.

A draw would probably leave us needing snookers with some other tough-looking games coming up, play positively and they shouldn't be able to live with us.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2024, 10:52:06 AM »

The next two games are critical. Win them and we're in the box seat for the play offs. Anything less than four points and we will probably finish just outside.
If we play on the front foot and go at them, we are fully capable of doing it. Then a good rest and regroup before our couple of tricky days out down south.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2024, 03:14:39 PM »

At least our two away games after tomorrow come with decent rest and preparation days between them. I'd be a lot more confident with 6 out of 6 in our next two games. Won't right us off until the maths isn't workable. Some of our competitors still have games against each other. Chesterfield have to play Halifax. Unfortunately for us it's probably a good time to face them now they're home and dry. We can't do more than 15 points out of 15. That would just be lovely stuff. COYR.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2024, 04:45:05 PM »

Tickets purchased, 3 of us travelling down. COYR
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team