PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wealdstone Match Thread  (Read 1869 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wealdstone Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2024, 10:47:34 PM »

Never doubted us for a moment.
PS. Will be making a rare away appearance at Aggborough on Friday so please keep it up lads, a resounding Alty victory would make a frantically manic weekend with the grandkids immeasurably more bearable! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2024, 11:07:32 PM »

I imagine PP's talk at half time included the words "if we pass to each other this half rather than to our opponents we might do better".

The first half was as poor as anything I've seen this season - it was the 6th minute before an Alty player touched the ball in Wealdstone's half, and Dan Mooney immediately lost possession. Once we got on our game after the break it became rapidly apparent that to call Wealdstone "mediocre" would be quite an understatement. Kiddy on Friday will be a much tougher proposition, and we need to be on our game for 90 minutes, not 45.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2024, 01:36:27 AM »

A Game of two halves.

When we play at pace we are very good. When we don’t … We aren’t

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2024, 07:11:54 AM »

Second best for 40 mins in first half yet Newby should have had a hat trick!

The hair dryer treatment at ht worked wonders. As has been said, play with a vit of urgency and we are a different team.

Some very poor defending help our cause.

Play offs position resembling the okey cokey
Full time and proud of it

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2024, 08:45:17 AM »

A game of two halves but ultimately another comfortable Tuesday home night.

I thought Wealdstone went off like the clappers, high press, very aggressive & strong running & deserved to take the lead. Our quick equaliser really deflated them though & at half time I was fairly confident. The brilliant early strike by Wilson (what technique, him & Marriot in CM next season is very interesting prospect) settled the nerves & then a lovely little lay off by Mooney (encouraging signs he’s getting back to his level) & superb finish by Banks & it was game over. Fourth put the gloss although I reckon it was Wilson again rather than Linney.

Absolutely has to be followed up at Kiddy on Friday though. Halifax with their two games in hand, are Solihull dropping out, so many twists & turns. Crowd of 1,700 home fans on a wet Tuesday night & with England on TV was very encouraging too. If we get s result vs Kiddy should be 4k plus easy vs Latics I think.

Weakdstone should be ok I think but they looked completely knackered by the second half as a few of us suspected at half time. When you are in the scrap down there you have to go a bit more horses for courses. Thought they went off too quickly & consequently were very easy for us to pick off second half. Massive credit to the 37 away fans.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2024, 09:02:05 AM »

Like others say, game of 2 halves, the part timers flagged and we capitalised, assisted by the weather somewhat. They burnt out.

5 cup finals left, need a win at Kiddy to keep pressure on others. won't be easy. Going there for the first time in over 35 years, blimey.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2024, 10:06:09 PM »

I think the fact Wealdstone started off at a gallop coupled with the fact that they had a few lucky bounces caused their confidence to grow and ours to wobble. I certainly feared the worst and was very glad to go in level at half time.

In the second half we got the goal we needed in double quick time and they simply fell away.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2024, 06:19:42 PM »

See they've just flirted their manager after 73 days in charge. 5 games in 12 days and 1 point in the last six. They could sneak in the bottom four at this rate. Hope for Kiddie yet?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone Match Thread