PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Last chance slaoon
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Last chance slaoon  (Read 2310 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Last chance slaoon
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2024, 05:58:25 PM »

My biggest worry after the season ends, playoffs or not, is keeping the players we currently have. CCC springs to mind, especially with Chesterfield now being promoted. Is he under contract for next season too? I hope that is he does go, it takes a massive amount of money to prise him away.

Thoughts?

I think CCC needs to be more consistent I expect that is why Fleetwood didn’t  play him as often as we all thought he deserved to. Having said that, I don’t think we play him in the correct role sometimes. He is very good when he is on song, I also think some of our players are not on his wavelength.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2024, 06:19:11 PM »

We should all enjoy Chris while we are lucky enough to have him. It's rumoured that Aldershot received in excess of £150,000 for young Stokes recently - money which could come in handy.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2024, 06:36:20 PM »

£250,000.00 for Josh Stokes acording to google I would imagine ccc would go for at least that

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2024, 07:37:28 PM »

Since that glorious victory over Rochdale when all seemed right with the world, we have taken merely nine points from a potential total of 30.

Quite astonishingly, notwithstanding this current relegation form, we still have a chance of reaching the play-offs.

Seven points from our impending three games is now looking essential in order to turn the tide.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2024, 07:54:29 PM »

£250,000.00 for Josh Stokes acording to google I would imagine ccc would go for at least that

I doubt they paid that much tbh and I doubt we'd get that much for Chris, but 200,000 is not beyond the realms of possibility.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2024, 09:12:42 PM »

I think we should be concentrating on how we're going to keep our first eleven rather than pricing them up for transfer.
Progress would include building our squad rather than replacing some of it.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2024, 08:31:12 AM »

If - and it's a BIG if - anyone moves on in the summer, the proceeds will help to push us to the next level - I'm confident of that.

We sold the player that had swept the board at last season's awards, and it hasn't affected us anywhere near as much as we thought it would at the time.

There are seven teams currently higher than us in this league, and they have achieved that without having Chris Conn-Clarke in their side.

Given that there's always plenty of free agents around, it'll probably help us to add 10-20% on top of the wages we can offer, which might make the difference.

Of course if there's a legitimate way to keep CCC (and others) that would obviously be everyone's first choice - but life does go on.

I recall there were plenty around these parts that couldn't fathom why we'd just sold John Johnston to a promotion rival.

New heroes come along.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 08:32:45 AM by MarpleAlty »

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2024, 08:39:36 AM »

If - and it's a BIG if - anyone moves on in the summer, the proceeds will help to push us to the next level - I'm confident of that.

We sold the player that had swept the board at last season's awards, and it hasn't affected us anywhere near as much as we thought it would at the time.

There are seven teams currently higher than us in this league, and they have achieved that without having Chris Conn-Clarke in their side.

Given that there's always plenty of free agents around, it'll probably help us to add 10-20% on top of the wages we can offer, which might make the difference.

Of course if there's a legitimate way to keep CCC (and others) that would obviously be everyone's first choice - but life does go on.

I recall there were plenty around these parts that couldn't fathom why we'd just sold John Johnston to a promotion rival.

New heroes come along.

Exactly this.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2024, 06:25:44 PM »

I doubt they paid that much tbh and I doubt we'd get that much for Chris, but 200,000 is not beyond the realms of possibility.

I think your estimation of a fee for CCC is way over what could be achieved.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2024, 07:21:56 PM »

Okay. We'll keep him for another couple of years till we're in league one then! 🙄
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2024, 03:28:11 PM »

I think your estimation of a fee for CCC is way over what could be achieved.
I hope the club are holding him at a more modern evaluation than seen here.

Josh Stokes went for near 300k in total, including a no wage loan back.
Richard Brodie went to Crawley for 275k nearly 15 years ago.
Fleetwood gave 150k for Vardy, then got 1m turning to ~1.7m in total.
Nathan Thomas went for 350k in 2017
Joe Lolley went for 350k in 2014

Our ticket prices have grown considerably since Brodie was sold for 275k showing the rate of inflation in a relative way (13 quid for those wondering http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/seas1011.htm).

500k is cheap.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2024, 06:33:41 PM »

Went to call in the Last Chance Saloon on my way home. It's been demolished. 😭

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2024, 08:06:03 PM »

The club has proven itself not to be a pushover when it comes to transfer negotiations - I trust them to do the right thing if/when the time comes in future for any of their players, assuming clubs will take interest.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2024, 09:23:58 AM »

8 Points from the   remaining games and finish on 72 might be enough to sneek in to seventh .Football webpages predicted final table think it will be.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/national-league/league-table/predicted
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 09:26:05 AM by Timperley The Best »

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2024, 10:22:33 AM »

8 Points from the   remaining games and finish on 72 might be enough to sneek in to seventh .Football webpages predicted final table think it will be.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/national-league/league-table/predicted
Wow that would be good and a massive bonus if the Latics and Shots were to miss out too! Unlikely though and it may well come down to goals difference in the end which  would be handy for us !!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Last chance slaoon