News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ollie Byrne..

Author Topic: Ollie Byrne..  (Read 1083 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Ollie Byrne..
« on: March 15, 2024, 05:12:04 PM »

Has left the club, by mutual consent.

https://altrinchamfc.com/blogs/news/mitch-signs in this link

Good Luck Ollie

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Ollie Byrne..
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 05:16:03 PM »

Shows you how much he meant to the club in the end. Just added the statement at the bottom of a welcome message. Shame really. Good luck to him in the future

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024, 05:34:19 PM »

Not a great way to depart tbh but the best decision for all involved.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2024, 05:53:35 PM »

Hope Olly finds a club and that he can work on improving his game and establishing himelf.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2024, 06:56:27 PM »

Good luck Ollie, sometimes it just doesn't work. I'm sure your next club will reap the rewards of a good keeper.  :)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2024, 07:58:11 PM »

Clearly something's gone on behind the scenes for his departure to be announced in such a quiet manner - in normal circumstances I think we'd have given him a bit more of a send off.

Ultimately he was nowhere near good enough - it's as simple as that, harsh as it may sound.

Good luck to him, hopefully he establishes himself a little further down the pyramid.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2024, 08:19:47 PM »

I think he was better than the goalie /York city fielded. Good luck to him.

b23

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2024, 08:24:54 PM »

Think he needs to mature on and off the pitch.  Concentrating on improving his game would help. Hope he gets to a club where it works for him. Thanks for your time with us and your passion.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2024, 12:13:17 AM »

Clearly something's gone on behind the scenes for his departure to be announced in such a quiet manner - in normal circumstances I think we'd have given him a bit more of a send off.

Ultimately he was nowhere near good enough - it's as simple as that, harsh as it may sound.

Good luck to him, hopefully he establishes himself a little further down the pyramid.
Not sure that a player who managed 1 season deserves a send off? That aside, I really hoped that as a local lad he’d do well for us. It just wasn’t to be. Hope he moves on and makes a success of it somewhere else. Not Macc of course though.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2024, 09:13:57 AM »

Not sure that a player who managed 1 season deserves a send off? That aside, I really hoped that as a local lad he’d do well for us. It just wasn’t to be. Hope he moves on and makes a success of it somewhere else. Not Macc of course though.
Anyone wondering why, might want to reference my post the other week regarding his mentally challenged father and the glee with which he posted after our loss to Dagenham.

I was a fan of Ollie, I still maintain he needs some decent coaching on his weak spots and he's a NLN/NL keeper.

His dad needs to be told his son ain't the second coming of Peter shilton and He most certainly ain't no f**king Alfe Inge Haaland either.

We've removed a large bit of toxicity from the squad, that's almost as good as a new signing for morale.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2024, 09:16:57 AM »

OK, maybe 'send off' is a strong phrase but certainly more than a footnote to another signing.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2024, 12:09:13 PM »

I think he was better than the goalie /York city fielded. Good luck to him.
That's a pretty low (cross) bar.😱
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ollie Byrne..