News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Loans needed

Author Topic: Loans needed  (Read 1179 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Loans needed
« on: February 27, 2024, 09:44:13 PM »

Parky needs to give his head a wobble. All his rotating and overthinking has really messed things up. There have been some terrible decisions made.

Lack of movement and strength up top tonight was very obvious.

We played our best CM at right wingback. Terrible decision to loan out Donawa.

Wrong team selections are resulting in us chasing games, which is even more draining on the players. Having to constantly attack at every opportunity.

Play your best team and formation. Get in front, retain the possession and choose your counterattacks. Making the opposition work.What Parky is currently doing is running our players into the ground.

The season is rapidly fizzling out. Need to dip into the loan market ASAP.Priority is a young hungry striker to push Linney, CM and FB cover.

An update on Ross and Amaluzor would be appreciated.

Get in touch with United.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 09:46:22 PM by oneedham »

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Loans needed
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 09:47:47 PM »

Yes, agree with this. We needed Donowa tonight - it was probably Wilson who needed loaning out.

And yes, we need a few fresh faces ASAP.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 09:52:51 PM »

Think we can safely say that the squad rotation over the last three games has been a resounding failure.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2024, 10:08:26 PM »

There was certainly a strong case for recalling Justin Donawa tonight, if that is available under the loan agreement, especially as Banks was out and we couldn't even name a full bench.
He was a substitute for Chorley against Brackley and only came on in the 83rd minute, so I am not sure what benefit he gets from this loan.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 10:31:17 PM »

I watched the Stream tonight and it was identical to the Maidenhead game..

Fortunately Solihull, Gateshead and Barnet also lost tonight. It’s quite simple now. We have to win games now and go on an unbeaten run akin to the one we did at the beginning of the season. I agree that loans are required. I did read somewhere that Ethan could be back for next Tuesday..

I think Parky gets too engrossed in players stats facts and figures. Lots of players manage two games a week. They are fit young lads not Sunday pub teams who get rat arsed the night before a game.

Finally ……
WE NEED A PLAN B when things aren’t working

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2024, 10:07:53 AM »

I saw a post somewhere on the Facebook group about Justin Donawa going out to Chorley to 'balance the books' - where did that come from?

If it's true, I must say it makes me more relaxed about some of the recent decision making, as NOTHING should put our balance sheet at risk.

Could it also have contributed to Parky's slightly strained words around the support base a few weeks ago?

We've seen how it goes for clubs around us that push beyond their means, and it's very evident that we've been very ambitious already this season with recruitment.

As a bit of guide, we had players reject deals with other established National League clubs to come here - and then there was Crankshaw, Mooney etc -who won't have come cheap.

Maybe it's just about seeing the season out now, and seeing whereabouts we land.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2024, 10:18:08 AM »

I saw a post somewhere on the Facebook group about Justin Donawa going out to Chorley to 'balance the books' - where did that come from?

If it's true, I must say it makes me more relaxed about some of the recent decision making, as NOTHING should put our balance sheet at risk.

Could it also have contributed to Parky's slightly strained words around the support base a few weeks ago?

We've seen how it goes for clubs around us that push beyond their means, and it's very evident that we've been very ambitious already this season with recruitment.

As a bit of guide, we had players reject deals with other established National League clubs to come here - and then there was Crankshaw, Mooney etc -who won't have come cheap.

Maybe it's just about seeing the season out now, and seeing whereabouts we land.

Parky mentioned balancing the books on his pastries interview yesterday. Also said he should be back in a few weeks. But also mentioned they are looking at maybe a loan or too coming in if right person was available. So not sure how we fund that..

Smoke and Mirrors comes to mind.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2024, 02:12:36 PM »

Parky mentioned balancing the books on his pastries interview yesterday. Also said he should be back in a few weeks. But also mentioned they are looking at maybe a loan or too coming in if right person was available. So not sure how we fund that..

Smoke and Mirrors comes to mind.
I don't think we need to panic about the health of our balance sheet (which without some poor accounting should still be 1.5m in the green at least), we just need to be balancing the budget side of the books at the most.

We do have a very expensive bench of inactive players right now though. None of Amaluzor, Jones,Byrne, Ross & least of all Crankshaw are on low salaries. We've not given Dan Mooney 10p and a bus ticket for wages either, or Newby, who took a cut but still can't be cheap.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Loans needed