PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southend
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Southend  (Read 3943 times)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Southend
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2024, 08:49:17 PM »

That was old school Alty. Scared for the full 45 of conceding.

Where is the rest of our squad? Are we that crocked we don't have 5 benchwarmers?

Where is the utd kid?

Where is the formation that wins us matches and scares the opposition?

Fair play to those that traveled to witness that first half. Much better is needed now.

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2024, 08:55:38 PM »

This is quite a “blip” we are enduring 😕

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2024, 09:44:35 PM »

We're still back in the playoffs places if we win our game in hand but, yeah, when does a blip become a collapse?
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2024, 09:45:26 PM »

This is a collapse mate, a full scale collapse.

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2024, 09:46:10 PM »

Sadly Roscoe, Wilson and Kosylo aren’t up to it to start games. Osbourne looks like Osbourne again and Ethan Ross makes big saves at crucial points whereas Gould just concedes goal.

As for a CM playing at right back while Donowa is out on loan is a farce!!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2024, 09:56:55 PM »

A fair outcome.

They dominated the game and we never got to grips with their left winger Bridge.

That's the third consecutive game in which we have scored the opening goal and then lost.

We never looked like salvaging anything during that second half and merely mustered one tame shot on target from Conn-Clarke (who was our sole hope up front).

Running on empty here. Only being able to nominate four subs is embarrassing for a full-time team.

At least a couple of favourable results elsewhere redeemed the evening somewhat.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 09:59:53 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2024, 10:59:50 PM »

If the idea of sending Donowa to Chorley is to get him match fit, bringing him on as an 83rd minute substitute at Brackley this evening seems to make it a fruitless exercise.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2024, 11:07:25 PM »

If the idea of sending Donowa to Chorley is to get him match fit, bringing him on as an 83rd minute substitute at Brackley this evening seems to make it a fruitless exercise.

I think I could have managed to play for 7 minutes (as long as they didn’t play too much added time)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2024, 11:27:03 PM »

Good to catch up with some of the lads over a few beers round Liverpool St before KO but that was about it.

Astonishingly we took the lead then barely left our half after that in the first half. Southend just kept coming down our LHS & throwing crosses towards Cardwell & Dackers & it was inevitable they’d pick up the second pieces sooner or later. They also pressed us really well for the first hour-we couldn’t get out. The one thought was that all the crosses they put along our six yard line there might have been second thoughts with Ross fit (which he will be soon).

Second half as they naturally dropped off we had a lot more of the ball but it was largely in front of them & as long as they kept their shape & shuttled across we didn’t really open them up. Mooney looked lively when he came on tbf-if we could just pay 6000 people to boo him every game he’d be bang up for it no doubt.

It was much better than Maidenhead but the team need to give us something to hold on to starting this Saturday. Season is rapidly fading away now.

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2024, 07:49:33 AM »

Didn’t get to see this or the Hartlepool game but the fact we don’t look like we can get back into games is particularly worrying. I imagine our points gained from losing positions stats would make for interesting reading. Beyond the one point at Bromley due to Newby’s excellent free kick, I’m struggling…

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2024, 09:02:58 AM »

Didn’t get to see this or the Hartlepool game but the fact we don’t look like we can get back into games is particularly worrying. I imagine our points gained from losing positions stats would make for interesting reading. Beyond the one point at Bromley due to Newby’s excellent free kick, I’m struggling…

We were a goal down at home to Hartlepool back in September and came back to draw 2-2, but otherwise it's a depressing picture. I'm more concerned that we've lost three consecutive matches from a winning position.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2024, 09:28:17 AM »

Massive credit to the travelling faithful, that was a hard watch on NLTV, with no banks which led to a formation change, we were exposed on our right, and they capitalised. Great to lead on a rare counter, and good finish. They pressed and lobbed balls into the area for fun, annoying that as dackers headed the ball down our player marking cardwell slipped and gave an open goal. Nor sure if Gould could have done better. The second, not enough pressure in midfield to prevent the run into box.

Second half we dd better and had a few half chances. We kept going. Slight glimmer there. I assume Regan had a knock, need him and players such as Banks, Amaluzor and Ethan back asap. Were still in a good position and with 3 home games coming up there's hope.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2024, 09:32:51 AM »

Our opening goal was against the run of play. They dominated the first half much the same as we did against Hartlepool. We just couldn't put our foot on the ball. We had more chances in the second half as they became tired but we were knackered mentally and physically by then. Definitely an improvement on the Maidenhead game though.

It will be interesting to see the team on Saturday because I think there was quite a few walking wounded out there by full time including CCC.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2024, 09:36:45 AM »

I actually think we will win this - a 4th consecutive defeat is unthinkable.

It isn't unthinkable if play as poorly as we did on Saturday. Dackers is bound to score, so we'll need to score twice....

If Dackers is bound to score then using the same logic Mooney is bound to score.

Personally I don't think either will

Did either manage a shot on target?
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2024, 10:11:18 AM »

Dackers got an assist for the equaliser I think.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southend