PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Aldershot Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Aldershot Match Thread  (Read 2635 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Aldershot Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2024, 08:47:27 PM »

Alas, that definitely rivalled the defeat at Rochdale as being our worst performance of the season, to date.

I can't identify a single component of our machine that didn't malfunction.

I don't think that anyone did themselves justice there and even Eddy Jones was uncharacteristically well off the pace. Aldershot rarely attain a clean sheet!

So many passes that went astray; standing off them far too much for both goals; an unaccustomed dearth of potency up front and substitutes who were unable to change the narrative in any shape.

I'll be interested to listen to Phil Parkinson's assessment in due course.

It was a perfect storm of disappointing results for us in the league today.

The highlight of the TV broadcast was seeing Hughesy's dapper cap amongst the Alty faithful.

Hoping that was a one-off and things will be much better at Hartlepool on Tuesday evening.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2024, 09:39:04 PM »

Probably my fault Cult. My Watch:Win ratio is atrocious and has been for years.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2024, 10:27:36 PM »

The highlight of the TV broadcast was seeing Hughesy's dapper cap amongst the Alty faithful.

Hoping that was a one-off and things will be much better at Hartlepool on Tuesday evening.

Are you referring to the improvement of the teams performance or Hughsy's headware?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2024, 02:39:37 AM »

Are you referring to the improvement of the teams performance or Hughsy's headware?

Well, I am hoping that Hughesy will shift the headgear glamour up a notch on Tuesday evening.

I'm hoping for something a touch more exotic, such as a deerstalker, fez or sombrero.

Alternatively, he could go with a classic top hat, partnered with a silk cravat and a gleaming monocle.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2024, 08:38:54 AM »

Alas, that definitely rivalled the defeat at Rochdale as being our worst performance of the season, to date.

I can't identify a single component of our machine that didn't malfunction.

I don't think that anyone did themselves justice there and even Eddy Jones was uncharacteristically well off the pace. Aldershot rarely attain a clean sheet!

So many passes that went astray; standing off them far too much for both goals; an unaccustomed dearth of potency up front and substitutes who were unable to change the narrative in any shape.

I'll be interested to listen to Phil Parkinson's assessment in due course.

It was a perfect storm of disappointing results for us in the league today.

Absolutely. A collective off night. Aldershot looked much the sharper & were full value for the win. I was really impressed by them at our place back in October so wasn’t surprised at their levels last night.

The caravan moves on quickly though & it’s a very tough looking trip to Hartlepool now who have really picked up since firing John Askey & getting Kevin Philips in. Need to get back on the horse there. I’d take a point.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Aldershot Match Thread