PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Contract extentions
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Contract extentions  (Read 2050 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Contract extentions
« on: January 19, 2024, 11:00:42 AM »

Signed by Eddies Jones and Baines.

Great news
Full time and proud of it

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Contract extentions
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 11:13:21 AM »

Wonderful news!!! - so much better to be focusing on tying down the players we already have, rather than making additional signings. Two huge players for us. I'm absolutely made up.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 12:02:10 PM »

Yep me too, now lets get the rest of the team and management updated too.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2024, 01:26:54 PM »

VERY important players for us. Fantastic that they've signed up again. 👍
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2024, 01:30:15 PM »

Onwards and upwards. A move yet again in the right direction. Great time to be an Alty fan wether old or new. Enjoying the smooth after some rough times.⚽⚽⚽

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2024, 01:51:34 PM »

Huge tbh, I'm in agreement with Phil that Eddy is the best LB in the league, and Baines is easily in the top 10 in the NL at CB.

Next Isaac on an year extension. In my opinion, he is the best ball winning midfielder in the league and should be on most clubs radar.

Hoping there will be a few this Jan tbh.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2024, 02:05:14 PM »

Huge tbh, I'm in agreement with Phil that Eddy is the best LB in the league, and Baines is easily in the top 10 in the NL at CB.

Next Isaac on an year extension. In my opinion, he is the best ball winning midfielder in the league and should be on most clubs radar.

From those most likely to be expiring this summer(?) my priorities would be Jake Cooper, Isaac Marriott, Elliott Osborne and Regan Linney. Don't think I've missed any other obvious ones...?

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2024, 02:58:46 PM »

From those most likely to be expiring this summer(?) my priorities would be Jake Cooper, Isaac Marriott, Elliott Osborne and Regan Linney. Don't think I've missed any other obvious ones...?

Marriott is under contract till the summer of 2025.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2024, 03:27:19 PM »

Still not long enough.

I'd be looking to keep everyone on a 2 year contract now we know we'd like to improve the squad over rebuilding.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2024, 03:41:11 PM »

Oh wow really? Shows how far we've come that we're offering contracts that long - it's great to see and long may it continue. I assumed he'd signed for 18 months this time last year.

That's one less to worry about in the shorter term, hopefully we're looking at the other ones as I'm going to assume they all signed for 2 years when we went professional.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2024, 10:19:40 PM »

I would give Ethan a new contract until he is about 40 ensuring he stays here….

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2024, 10:49:26 PM »

Is it just me or is it a little odd to have a website article saying “full details” and then the article doesn’t say how long the new deal is for. In fact it contains no details at all, just some nice quotes.

Great news that they’ve signed up for longer than before but as I don’t know what that was or is I’m not sure quite how pleased I should be!

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2024, 08:43:38 AM »

Is it just me or is it a little odd to have a website article saying “full details” and then the article doesn’t say how long the new deal is for. In fact it contains no details at all, just some nice quotes.

Great news that they’ve signed up for longer than before but as I don’t know what that was or is I’m not sure quite how pleased I should be!

Completely agree. It's of a piece with the club's general policy of secrecy around eg injuries but it's pretty annoying for us as fans not to be told these things.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2024, 09:21:09 AM »

What do we think is behind this? There must be some rationale behind it. 🤔
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2024, 09:48:13 AM »

What do we think is behind this? There must be some rationale behind it. 🤔

Assuming it's not just a simple missed bit of detail from the website articles, I would think it's the club wanting to keep the contract details of our players under wraps to make life harder for any potential suitors.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Contract extentions