PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southend Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Southend Match Thread  (Read 5179 times)

Spaceman Spiff

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
Re: Southend Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2024, 03:03:17 PM »

And I'm afraid you and the club have got it badly wrong today by simply assuming that your view of the playability of the pitch would be shared by the referee.

The simple fact is that any pitch inspection should be made at a time which shows consideration for the opposition's team and fans. To do it at 10.30 today was an absolute joke.

Ok mate - you've decided Southend must be wrong, no matter what, and nothing will change your mind. It doesn't make you right though.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2024, 03:06:28 PM »

And I'm afraid you and the club have got it badly wrong today by simply assuming that your view of the playability of the pitch would be shared by the referee.

The simple fact is that any pitch inspection should be made at a time which shows consideration for the opposition's team and fans. To do it at 10.30 today was an absolute joke.

Ok mate - you've decided Southend must be wrong, no matter what, and nothing will change your mind. It doesn't make you right though.

And you've come on here to try to exonerate SUFC of any blame for this fiasco by throwing the local ref under the bus. You've not exactly exhibited a willingness to consider differing viewpoints yourself.

Spaceman Spiff

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2024, 03:28:14 PM »

What is tricky to understand about our team training on the pitch, videos of the pitch - all playable and hours before the match was due to take place? In other words, it was playable. I think that's a point worth highlighting, and that's all I've done. That is evidenced quite clearly via the links on my post. Anyway, I've said what I needed to, so that's me done.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2024, 03:29:38 PM »

to be fair it happened at Yeovil last season.I drove up there(from Devon) after checking at 12 noon the game was on only for it to be called off by the time i arrived at 1400ish after stopping off for fish and chips.I think that we were also told that players were training on the pitch.
Harold

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2024, 03:37:25 PM »

What is tricky to understand about our team training on the pitch, videos of the pitch - all playable and hours before the match was due to take place? In other words, it was playable. I think that's a point worth highlighting, and that's all I've done. That is evidenced quite clearly via the links on my post. Anyway, I've said what I needed to, so that's me done.

All of that may well be true. None of it changes the fact that the pitch inspection, which your club arranged, should have been done at a more considerate time.

Spaceman Spiff

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2024, 03:44:23 PM »

No, it demonstrates that the pitch is playable and the match should not have been postponed.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2024, 03:46:27 PM »

No, it demonstrates that the pitch is playable and the match should not have been postponed.

Then why arrange a pitch inspection?

Spaceman Spiff

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2024, 03:55:15 PM »

You tell me. At the meeting yesterday between SUFC, AFC and a local official (who attended today and postponed the game) it wasn't Southend who wanted either the inspection or the postponement. That only leaves two others, and I suspect it was the local ref but it may well have been Alty too (seriously doubt that, but you never know).

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2024/january/19/pitch-inspection-tomorrow-morning/

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2024, 04:26:43 PM »

You tell me. At the meeting yesterday between SUFC, AFC and a local official (who attended today and postponed the game) it wasn't Southend who wanted either the inspection or the postponement. That only leaves two others, and I suspect it was the local ref but it may well have been Alty too (seriously doubt that, but you never know).

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2024/january/19/pitch-inspection-tomorrow-morning/

Ok. So the next time Southend are required to arrange a pitch inspection, can they try to do it at a time that’s not going to f**k over the opposition team and their fans if it doesn’t turn out the way they’re expecting to? Not a lot to ask.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2024, 04:37:41 PM »

I think both Southend and the ref can share culpability for this one - I do think the refs go over the top with cancellations these days (look at Anthony Taylor when he's come down to our place).

However, the social media reaction from them today is really tasteless.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2024, 04:43:13 PM »

On a more positive note...

Gateshead are 1-0 down at Dorking with ten men...

...and Aldershot have completely crumbled at Kidderminster after being 2 up.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2024, 05:28:59 PM »

To lighten things a tad , can you arrange for that clown of a ref to get dumped off the end of that fab pier of yours .😔

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2024, 05:35:14 PM »

But the icing on the cake has got to be Jordan's hat trick at Macclesfield  ;D

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2024, 05:42:24 PM »

But the icing on the cake has got to be Jordan's hat trick at Macclesfield  ;D

Oh it really was mate. I was in the area and dropped by to witness it. Made my f****** day 🤣

Spaceman Spiff

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2024, 06:31:40 PM »

To lighten things a tad , can you arrange for that clown of a ref to get dumped off the end of that fab pier of yours .😔

More than happy to!  :D As the saying goes, I'll happily drive him there myself...

As you know we're relatively new to this league, and while pretty much everything about the NL has been a positive surprise, the standard of officials is absolutely unbelievably hopeless. How do you cope long term? We may end up here longer than anticipated so any tips would be very welcome - they're driving us round the bend!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southend Match Thread