PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnet (H) Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Barnet (H) Match Thread  (Read 7224 times)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Barnet (H) Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2024, 05:31:20 PM »

Squeaky bum time and on come the Charlatans!

Yes. But no more.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2024, 06:57:23 PM »

We were brilliant for 60 mins.
They couldn’t deal with our tempo and attacking play. Caused them to make endless mistakes.
CCC was hungry from the off.
Top work rate from the lads.
Shouldn’t fear anybody and hopefully we remain positive against the likes of Oldham, Rochdale, Chesterfield etc.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2024, 07:39:46 PM »

The front five( including Amaluzor )  are top notch, just hope ccc stays and Newby gets made permanent or until the end of the season

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2024, 07:51:16 PM »

To quote Beez in the bar after the game.....a tactical masterclass for 75 minutes
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2024, 07:54:35 PM »

Thoroughly deserved win and overall a one goal margin flattered Barnet. Great stuff from the team and congrats to Parky and Sorvs - we played some classy stuff at times, especially in the 2nd half when we looked like we might get 5 or 6. Barnet's main threat seemed to be lumping high balls into the box or long throws, but they all count and it got them 2 late goals. We cope much better these days with opposition corners and aerial threats, but early in the season we might have conceded more than 2 from that.

Overall a very good all round performance from all the 11, hard to pick out individuals as they all put in a very good shift, but as others said the attacking was quality at times. Newby and CCC were very good, Mooney looked sharp and Linney looks to be getting back to the level at the start of the season, shame he didn't convert that back post chance after the unfeasible run down the left by CCC!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2024, 07:58:50 PM »

A great response from the players after the two Halifax games....one which was garbage...the other which was spoiled by playing with ten men, albeit commendable in the end to secure a draw.

Should have been over the hill before they scored...missed quite a few which really should have been converted.

The CCC Maradona moment was awesome to see.

Well done all, but let's stop these nervous last ten minutes when we have done everything perfectly before that

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2024, 09:03:22 PM »

Nervous last 10? More like 30 ! But totally agree we should have been out of sight
ParkINson's red and white army

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2024, 09:35:27 PM »

Couldn’t make it today, sounds like I missed a cracker. Especially pleasing because we got slapped down at the Hive. We can beat anyone in the league at Moss Lane these days.

Really important win too given who our next 2 league games are against-doesn’t get much tougher than Chessy & Sarfend away. Very pleased to see Mooney makes his second full debut & contribute too. Just missing a goal by Linney-reckon a struggling Kiddy team next Saturday will get him notching again.

Also the attendances are really beginning to take off now. We keep getting results might end the season with a 2.5k average I reckon. It’s up over 2,100 now I think.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2024, 09:47:14 PM »

Got to admit, I never thought I'd see us getting average gates at this level in a month of Sundays.
Long may it continue!
Trying very hard to not get too optimistic because, as been shown many times, I'm basically a glass half empty kind of bloke but it's getting more and more difficult.
Keep pinching myself!
Thanks Parky and the Lads. You're making an old man very happy 😊 Keep it up and come on you Super Robins 👍 🇦🇹 🏆 🥇 🇦🇹
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2024, 10:28:29 PM »

I actually thought Barnet shaded things in the first half but we defended resolutely, restricting them to half chances - and the timing of each of our goals couldn't have been sweeter in terms of helping us manage the game.

The team does seem to be evolving from the one that let the Fylde game go, for example - our best period by a country mile was 45-60 when we scored what proved to be the crucial third goal - and during that period, as others have stated, there should have been more.

We also seemed to be happy to go long with the goal kicks after it was clear the shorter ones were inviting too much pressure - again, something I don't think we would have seen earlier in the season.

Regan might not be sharp in front of goal just yet, but he plays the number 9 role like Jordan did and we're a completely different proposition with him leading the line. I've missed seeing Dan Mooney's combative game too, he doesn't give up on anything.

Shame Ethan made a bad mistake by his standards to set the tone for a nervy final 20 minutes.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 10:34:46 PM by MarpleAlty »

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2024, 10:36:58 PM »

I know what you mean, but if anyone has a ton of brownie points in his locker it's Ethan I'd say.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2024, 12:05:32 PM »

I'm perfectly happy to settle for a keeper who makes an error about once in every 5 games on average.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2024, 12:31:47 PM »

I actually thought Barnet shaded things in the first half but we defended resolutely, restricting them to half chances - and the timing of each of our goals couldn't have been sweeter in terms of helping us manage the game.

The team does seem to be evolving from the one that let the Fylde game go, for example - our best period by a country mile was 45-60 when we scored what proved to be the crucial third goal - and during that period, as others have stated, there should have been more.

We also seemed to be happy to go long with the goal kicks after it was clear the shorter ones were inviting too much pressure - again, something I don't think we would have seen earlier in the season.

Regan might not be sharp in front of goal just yet, but he plays the number 9 role like Jordan did and we're a completely different proposition with him leading the line. I've missed seeing Dan Mooney's combative game too, he doesn't give up on anything.

Shame Ethan made a bad mistake by his standards to set the tone for a nervy final 20 minutes.

Basically all of this. I thought as we took Mooney off that we might see this go the wrong way for some reason, he was battling all day.

We should have won 7-0 but in the same regard if the Barnet forwards had actually hit the target it could have been 0-2 at half time. Amazing they found the corner so precisely with the first goal.

CCC turning every Barnet player inside out was magical, and a two games sharper regan scores his chances as well.

Another standard win for a comfortably play off challenging team overall though.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2024, 02:12:34 PM »

Spot on about Regan.

We are so much better with him playing. He didn’t stop yesterday and the goals will come.

He forces so many errors, like Jordan did for us. In our favoured formation,Regan by a country mile is our best striker, since the early Hulme days.

Just need a run of games and to be kept on for 90, like yesterday.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2024, 07:12:30 PM »

Spot on about Regan.

We are so much better with him playing. He didn’t stop yesterday and the goals will come.

He forces so many errors, like Jordan did for us. In our favoured formation,Regan by a country mile is our best striker, since the early Hulme days.

Just need a run of games and to be kept on for 90, like yesterday.

Still a goal every 153 mins currently, I'd back him to start chipping that down a bit too.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnet (H) Match Thread