PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax away
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Halifax away  (Read 10223 times)

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Halifax away
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2024, 04:20:53 PM »

Bloody hell!

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2024, 04:21:26 PM »

Kosylo-what imbecilic behaviour

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2024, 04:32:47 PM »

>:(

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2024, 05:02:14 PM »

Kosylo was a disgrace today. If he can't moderate his behaviour when he's being heckled by his ex-team's fans, then he's not suitable for this level of football. He was a red card waiting to happen and should have been replaced at half time.
Come on Alty!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2024, 05:12:14 PM »

Kosylo was a disgrace today. If he can't moderate his behaviour when he's being heckled by his ex-team's fans, then he's not suitable for this level of football. He was a red card waiting to happen and should have been replaced at half time.

Totally agree. His first booking was the result of moronic behaviour and his inevitable second yellow card was simply the action of an imbecile. He looks well past his best these days and it's time he was moved on.

However, why on earth Parkinson didn't substitute him at half-time remains an enigma and that bewildering decision almost cost us dearly.

As for the game, it was pretty poor fare. Both sides were guilty of missing a gilt-edged chance, with Linney making a total hash of his first-half opportunity.

Conn-Clarke not at the races and departed rather petulantly.

Credit to Marriott for another dynamic performance, but I thought that Ross was easily our best player.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2024, 05:14:56 PM »

All in all though, after Kozzy's sending off I'm reasonably happy with that result. At least the New Year still finds us in the playoffs.

We go again next Saturday with a hard game at home to Barnet. Tough one that!

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2024, 05:18:52 PM »

Milli Ali is leaving Halifax imminently apparently according to the JL site, assume during the January transfer window.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2024, 05:35:45 PM »

It's one of them isn't it? As fans, we could all see that Kosy was a dead man walking. And then Parky goes and takes Baines off! What is it with him and Halifax?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2024, 06:20:11 PM »

Word on the street is Ali is off Bolton.....Dan who was stood next to me said "Parky needs to sub Kosy...he is only one more foul from a red".....10 seconds later it happened.
To be fair our 2nd half start did not help...but the game was a challenge with ten men and rode it out
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2024, 06:30:09 PM »

Kosylo was a joke.His attitude stank.
Was poor and moaned about everything. It was obvious that second yellow was coming.
He should have been subbed at HT. Then we had to lose CCC.
I personally feel his best days are probably behind him.
Hopefully Mooney can step up, otherwise we need another winger when Newby returns.
Where the hell is Donawa?

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2024, 06:39:42 PM »

It's tough to really know what to make of that match. All being said and done it was a very good point away from home against a playoff rival. We fought valiantly to keep it at 0-0 when we went down to 10 and that should be commended. However, as some have alluded to already, I think that Kosylo being on the pitch after half time was a mistake, and when he received his marching orders I doubt anybody was surprised in the slightest at what must have been the most predictable sending off of the season.

We're then (again) at a disadvantage in a game that was entirely winnable judging by the first half showing. It looked like 2 sides lacking in a bit of composure and quality, perhaps due in part to the state of the pitch, and nobody seemed quite able to get the ball under control and build an attack that wasn't disjointed or the result of a defensive mistake.

Ethan Ross was superb and kept us in it despite not being 100% fit. I thought Linney looked sharp at times, he held the ball up well and his decision making was generally very good overall. When CCC was given the ball in a central area he looked excellent, and always looked to drive us forward and create an attack. Unfortunately, the way we played today seemed to favour a less elegant way of attacking, perhaps due to the condition of the central areas of the pitch, so he was never really able to get on the ball that often and faded out of the game. Marriott was very good as usual (another completely dependable player for us at the moment dragging us through theses difficult games) and I liked the look of Wilson when he came on. Worked hard and managed to break up the play where others seemed unable.

The problem is that's 2 games now where we've received 4 stupid bookings resulting in red cards, so that must be addressed. Another issue is that Halifax played ok but were there for the taking. Firstly, there was no Alli. If he doesn't play they struggle to create and that showed. Secondly when we went down to 10 it seemed to throw their game plan almost like they didn't really know what to do with the extra man, so whilst we've done well under the circumstances I don't think Halifax took full advantage either. We were a bit lucky that they had no proper threat up front essentially.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2024, 07:16:26 PM »

Well, it was certainly a better showing than Boxing Day - although you could argue that's a pretty low bar. That pitch was as bad as any we're likely to play on, unless the rain continues of course.

He might have missed some chances but Regan Linney is far more involved than any of the alternatives - he creates his own opportunities which seems beyond others we have in that position.

The return of Elliott Osborne added some much-needed stability in the middle.

Matty Kosylo needs to show us much more if he doesn't want to be on the release list this summer, which is a real shame because he carried us a lot of the time that first season back at this level.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2024, 08:53:34 PM »

I couldn’t make it today for family stuff but seen enough of our games against them in the last year to get the picture. I’d have taken the point at KO as I don’t think we’ve played especially well for the past month now & it’s always a tough place to go.

I think all concerned on both sides will be relieved we aren’t playing each other again now this season (save the awful prospect of a play off tie against them lot). Bigger picture of 40 points by NYD, decent GD & a game in hand on a lot of sides-I’d have taken that in August. We need to strengthen in Jan though as below Chesterfield it’s much of a muchness & we have every chance.

A very poor Bank Holiday attendance today too. Just the 1600 more in at Moss Lane on Boxing Day. That stadium is totally wasted on their meagre fanbase.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2024, 03:27:52 PM »

Does anyone else remember this one? It was the season after we took on Everton in the 3rd Round of the Cup and we all had great expectations but guess what?  I seem to remember that we had a man sent off when it was 0-0 but unlike yesterday we soon found ourselves 3-0 down.  We scored a consolation near the end but overall we were well beaten.  The ground was a dump and there was a churned up speedway track around the pitch.  The pitch itself was a quagmire and it snowed for the best part of the game (not the nice sort of snow but the wet, cold, sticky, sh*tey, sleety stuff that drenches you.

There is a significant rivalry developing between our two Clubs which has added to my enjoyment of recent meetings between them.

I will respect Phil's support of Kossy and will not dwell upon what happened but should anything happen like that again then I doubt that I will be able to restrain my thoughts.

The fight is well and truely on now and I still have dreamy images of walking down Wembley Way (x2) to see the Alty win the play-off final against Halifax and the Trophy final against Macclesfield.

"We love you Alty we do,
"We love you Alty we do,
"We love you Alty we do,
"Oh, Alty we love you"!!!!

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2024, 06:09:49 PM »

I too sense a growing rivalry, but unlike macclescum I have never had any bother, seen any bother from HTFC. These days we can get a different picture by checking their fan you tube vids & I find those funny and honest. I love Alty but have nowt against Halifax.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax away