News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Radio Alty

Author Topic: Radio Alty  (Read 5898 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Radio Alty
« on: December 13, 2023, 12:23:57 AM »

How very thoughtful of them to put music on instead of the commentary on two occasions so that I was spared the heartache of hearing about Roscoe's dismissal, then later Osborne's miss from the spot.

Come back Mixlr, all is forgiven!

onetoothsdad

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Radio Alty
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2023, 06:57:53 AM »

I had given up listening to our commentaries a few games ago due to the frequent interruptions. I believe things had improved recently so tuned in last night, well it was shocking. The sending off was missed when music came on and then for the penalties cutting in again was the final straw.
For a professional club we have obviously done a lot of good things but our radio set up is amateur at best.
For the future l will continue trying to find our opponents radio station. In my experience some of them are on their local BBC station and are quite fair.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2023, 09:05:45 AM »

It's such a shame, because the people who do it are brilliant and clearly put in a lot of hard work. As an exiled fan, I am hugely grateful we have a commentary service, but I have now reached the point where I only dip in and out of it occasionally, because I find the frequent interruptions so annoying.
Come on Alty!

onetoothsdad

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2023, 10:05:38 AM »

I absolutely agree, the people that do it are brilliant and no way to blame. The previous system was far more reliable and last night the system dropped out at two hugely important moments.
Perhaps we could go back to the old system? Or if we can't, why can't we? I for one would be interested to know the answer.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2023, 10:10:27 AM »

I've given up with Radio Robins about 95%. I would happily pay for the old service but not the newer hodge-podge mess.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2023, 10:32:51 AM »

Stream the commentary on YouTube ffs. If we can send Radio Alty a feed of the game we can send it to YouTube/Twitch/Rumble/Kick/LastFM using OBS. Youtube won't drop you for music if there are any latency issues as well.

Stop using a system that can't handle outside broadcasts. We're sick of hearing Agadoo 55,000 times a game.

I've just done a quick check and it seems there are several software interfaces that work with radio.co that can allow streaming via multiple sources...

Or we can just bin off Radio Robins and stream the NLTV footage without video to YT. Which would still be a damn sight better than the current offering.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2023, 01:17:03 PM »

I was involved in the inception of Radio Robins and setup the very first broadcasts.  I've seen it grow into a fantastic service that supporters have come to rely on. Sadly, since the feed has been solely available via Radio Alty, the reliability seems to have fallen off a cliff. I haven't needed to listen to RR for a while but I was very disappointed by what I heard last night (not with, I MUST add, the commentary team). I gave up after a while and followed the game on Twitter/X.

I'm not party to how things work at Radio Alty but before the RR/RA tie-up the broadcasts were made using the MixLR software and this service was so much better. Yes, there were the occasional drop outs and glitches but these were usually down to internet/connection issues beyond the RR matchday team's control. I suspect the current service is only as strong as its weakest link, that being the connection between the broadcast team at the ground and the Radio Alty servers which seems to be consistently drop and music kicks in.

Personally, I would have RR offer two methods of broadcast - via a link to a MixLR stream as worked well previously and then if Radio Alty want to carry it too, they could pick up the MixLR broadcast and relay it on their own station.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Radio Alty