PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rochdale Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Rochdale Match Thread  (Read 18620 times)

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Rochdale Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2023, 05:30:40 PM »

Tell players not to take more than 2 touches unless it moves us at least 5 yards forwards. The number of times someone had 3,4,5 touches to stand still at Eastleigh was infuriating. We did it much less second half and things improved markedly

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2023, 05:58:15 PM »

The short corners were a loss of hard earned territory last night.

You can't change history but we need a reset for Saturday. From Parky's post match interview it sounds like there's going to be some squad rotation going on.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2023, 06:16:23 PM »

The grim footage (devoid of all of those first-half glitches on the National League TV streaming service):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5re_YdHxdg
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2023, 08:08:18 PM »

Really tough night. Don’t know if the long slog to Eastleigh on the weekend caught up with us but we lacked zip in the attacking third & Rochdale picked us off far too easily. Only really the second time this season (Barnet away) where we’ve properly been done. Crucial now we get back on the horse on Saturday against a Solihull side who’ve just lost two on the bounce too (but both at home in their case) so suspect we are in for a scrappy one on Saturday.

Only bonus was the unexpected return of Kosylo. Need him & Linney to get back up to full speed ASAP.

As an evening out football aside it was decent. Good pint in the new Victoria Tap & then into the Baum in the town centre which is a magnificent pub. The ground & food was very decent too. Not £24 decent mind. Lovely ground but 3 sides of it acres of empty seats. Too big for Rochdale I think.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2023, 10:40:34 PM »

Cheered up by Barnet's performance tonight. They weren't at the races at all and they were the home team!

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2023, 08:34:02 AM »

We definitely need to change the way we play when it’s obvious that plan A isn’t working.

Then why have we ditched the back three as soon as it showed signs of actually working - especially given it allowed us to play without a recognised striker where we've been struggling?

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2023, 12:14:33 PM »

May I add how impressive the Alty fans were is their support at Rochdale. I was unable to make the game as Tuesday nights are difficult for me away from  home. I purchased the stream and all the way through the game I could hear the Alty fans as they easily outshouted Rochdale.

My last comment was they deserved more on the pitch, but suggest the club and us now put closure on what happened and move on to next Saturday's game. Last time we played Solihull Moors at home we had a big win if I remember rightly, they are also turning in some poor results and a home win will put us well into the play-offs again.

We really are masters of our own destiny this season, I have confidence in Phil, Neil and the lads that they can end our poorer run on Saturday and start heading uo the table again. The following Saturday we play Dorking at home which again is a winnable game. We have everything to play for, the last two games have been a minor glitch which Phil has warned us about already.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2023, 10:45:44 PM »

Not sure if its just my imagination but when we fall behind in some games the players seem to give up and you can tell we aren't going to get back into it. This was a prime example.
We also need Linney to get his shooting boots on, his replacements aren't up to the job. Two very disappointing losses.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rochdale Match Thread