News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 League of Ireland

Author Topic: League of Ireland  (Read 3746 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
League of Ireland
« on: November 13, 2023, 12:08:22 PM »

...I see Cork were relegated this weekend, defeated by none other than Waterford who will replace them coming in the other direction.

Firstly, I assume that means Ollie Byrne will be heading back to us soon...? - hopefully we can get him loaned out to the National League North, as he needs to be putting himself in the shop window now realistically.

Secondly, on the subject of Waterford... Barry Baggley has been getting rave reviews this season, and good mates with CCC... time to revisit?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: League of Ireland
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 05:10:22 PM »

Barry Baggley played in central midfield for Waterford but from what i can remember he played wide right when at Alty . Would he be a starter in the current line up ? Possibly not at the moment.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 05:58:26 PM »

Barry Baggley played in central midfield for Waterford but from what i can remember he played wide right when at Alty . Would he be a starter in the current line up ? Possibly not at the moment.

I noticed that myself - seems to be quite versatile between right midfield and more deeper/central, not been scoring goals but bagging plenty of assists.

Would be a brilliant squad addition if he could cover a couple of areas, and of course a lot depends upon what happens with Alex Newby, who I suspect would be a realistic permanent signing if we wanted it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 06:17:49 PM by MarpleAlty »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2023, 06:05:09 PM »

I noticed that myself - seems to be quite versatile between right midfield and more deepr/centeL, not been scoring goals but bagging plenty of assists.

Would be a brilliant squad addition if he could cover a couple of areas, and of course a lot depends upon what happens with Alex Newby, who I suspect would be a realistic permanent signing if we wanted it.

BB would be a very good addition if feasible
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 League of Ireland