News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone

Author Topic: Wealdstone  (Read 4266 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Wealdstone
« on: November 09, 2023, 05:00:03 PM »

...announce plans for a brand new 6,300 capacity stadium, on an existing brown field site as part of a huge residential and commercial development.

Looks like great road and rail links (there's a tube stop right outside), with room to expand further in future - and only a couple of miles away from their current home.

If only...

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wealdstone
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 05:03:09 PM »

Thought they were part time and constantly struggling to keep their heads above water?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2023, 05:22:35 PM »

Thought they were part time and constantly struggling to keep their heads above water?

I'm never totally clear on the funding of these things, but it'll obviously help that it's part of existing development plans.

Pretty sure the council will own the stadium and lease it out to them.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2023, 06:01:36 PM »

They must own their existing ground and it's being sold for redevelopment I suppose?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2023, 08:56:12 AM »

They must own their existing ground and it's being sold for redevelopment I suppose?

They definitely don’t own their current ground. They have quite a short lease to play there in fact.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2023, 01:46:34 PM »

They definitely don’t own their current ground. They have quite a short lease to play there in fact.

In that case, I assume the council will simply sell one site and invest in the other - and Wealdstone will simply end the lease at one site and move to the other?

Almost seems to be too good to be true, although of course it relies on Wealdstone's ongoing financial health as they could be booted straight out of the ground otherwise.

Still jealous though - I bet it'll look class.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2023, 02:00:38 PM »

In that case, I assume the council will simply sell one site and invest in the other - and Wealdstone will simply end the lease at one site and move to the other?

Almost seems to be too good to be true, although of course it relies on Wealdstone's ongoing financial health as they could be booted straight out of the ground otherwise.

Still jealous though - I bet it'll look class.

The owners of the current ground I believe are a local Muslim association. I think Wealdstone are hoping to turn it into their training base.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2023, 02:42:07 PM »

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2023, 04:49:49 PM »

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone