PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southend Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Southend Match Thread  (Read 12534 times)

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Southend Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2023, 05:36:36 PM »

Great win!  How did Linney look?  From listening on RR sounded like he did well.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2023, 06:19:12 PM »

Superb game on a tricky pitch. No mom for me as all were immense.

Great away support and 2000 home fans without any offers is brill.

Up the National League we go
Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2023, 06:39:23 PM »

A big win, well done lads.
Worried when we decided to go 5 at the back, looked shaky.
Luckily, we got the second.
Defo think Amaluzor causes more issues down the left. He was putting some decent crosses in and has the pace to get into the box.
Gutted for Newby, he was so good second half, before his injury.
Sithole or Linney to start next game. Angus wasn't great again.
The ball Osborne did to CCC for our second was quality. Osborne is completely a different player, fair play to the lad.
Ross, best keeper since Coburn, by some distance.
Onwards and upwards.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 06:48:09 PM by oneedham »

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2023, 06:58:11 PM »

Wow! What a brilliant game between two brilliant teams. I think that overall we shaded it, though we did ride our luck at times and were reliant on at least 3 superb saves from Ethan.
We were great all over the pitch going toe to toe with easily the best team I've seen this season (I missed the Chesterfield match).
Osborne was absolutely sublime and his partnership with Isaac is the best midfield combo in the league. Baines and Coops are mint.
It was great to see Regan back too. Things are looking bloody good.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2023, 07:22:33 PM »

For me, the way we withstood the 10 minute spell of pressure around the 70 minute mark showed how much progress we've made. We'd have conceded a goal - or even two- in a similar sustained attacking spell last season. We've really grown as a team.

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2023, 07:28:20 PM »

For me Ethan MOM,no coincidence that a top keeper gives confidence and assurance to our defenders,a very even first half,second half carried on much in the same way,but we were more
Clinical in front of goal,along with two top saves from Ethan.
Feels so good to be an Alty fan at the moment, I don’t fear anyone in this league including Chesterfield and Barnet.
Let this run continue.
Minute silence for Remembrance Day fully respected by all in the ground,as expected.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2023, 10:00:01 PM »

For me, the way we withstood the 10 minute spell of pressure around the 70 minute mark showed how much progress we've made. We'd have conceded a goal - or even two- in a similar sustained attacking spell last season. We've really grown as a team.
Yes, that was the main thing for me too today, although I thought it was a bit later, just after James Jones came on in a bid to form a more defensive formation. I am not sure whether I said or just thought that Southend can't keep up that pressure for too long, and that, provided we got through that spell, we would be okay.

We did get through, and scored a second goal, and even could have scored a third, which Regan Linney probably would have got if he was at full match sharpness, if you know what I mean, but that margin would have been harsh on a very good Southend team; I do admire the togetherness of their players  management and supporters, who rightly applauded them for their efforts at the end, but not their departing ownership.

As for the minute's silence, people should really know, but maybe it needed an announcement to say that you should not applaud at the start of a minute's silence...

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2023, 10:04:45 PM »

Decent game from 2 decent sides. Hard to pick a man of match, and wouldn't really argue against Isaac Marriott getting it, but blimey, Elliot Osbourne was superb yet again. Then you've got our 2 goals and CCC was absolutely superb in helping to craft them out. Very good all round and to see out a sustained period of Southend pressure in the second half without conceding a goal was a top team effort, topped off by the keeper.

Brilliant to serve up a win in front of the legend Mr Tony Sanders. Great afternoon!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2023, 11:14:09 PM »

Yes, that was the main thing for me too today, although I thought it was a bit later, just after James Jones came on in a bid to form a more defensive formation. I am not sure whether I said or just thought that Southend can't keep up that pressure for too long, and that, provided we got through that spell, we would be okay.

We did get through, and scored a second goal, and even could have scored a third, which Regan Linney probably would have got if he was at full match sharpness, if you know what I mean, but that margin would have been harsh on a very good Southend team; I do admire the togetherness of their players  management and supporters, who rightly applauded them for their efforts at the end, but not their departing ownership.

As for the minute's silence, people should really know, but maybe it needed an announcement to say that you should not applaud at the start of a minute's silence...

As for the minute silence. The referee blew the whistle at the end of the playing of the last post by the bugler.

What should have happened to avoid any confusion was that the ref should have waited until a minute after the bugler finishing, then blowing his whistle.

As an ex soldier of 24 years service I wish people could just stop and stand still rather than keep walking about whilst the silence is being observed.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2023, 10:49:49 AM »

Great advert for the NL especially for any neutrals, great game of football that we deserved to win. Thought Elliott Osbourne was my MOM, but all played well. Bench was stronger and showed with Regan and Justin coming on. Thought as Parky said when Newbys effort was superbly blocked at the back post it may not be our day.. But we kept going.

Love Parkys interview lauding Tony and mentioning club volunteers whom are un well. Also honest and on point.

Lets hope the good times continue.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2023, 11:26:47 AM »

For me Ethan MOM,no coincidence that a top keeper gives confidence and assurance to our defenders,a very even first half,second half carried on much in the same way,but we were more
Clinical in front of goal,along with two top saves from Ethan.
Feels so good to be an Alty fan at the moment, I don’t fear anyone in this league including Chesterfield and Barnet.
Let this run continue.
Minute silence for Remembrance Day fully respected by all in the ground,as expected.
[/quote

My thoughts entirely.

ianpickles

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2023, 11:38:11 AM »

Great game and it flowed. Lots of pushing and pulling but all within tolerance of the officials most of the time and little dissent or obvious cheating - no cards. All the players tried to stay on their feet. Both management teams and players and the four officials deserve huge credit. Two good teams playing super football. Excellent.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2023, 11:54:22 AM »

Breathless second half, shows why I prefer watching Alty to supposedly higher level teams. No play acting or trying to fool the ref, just two good teams out to play football.
2-0 was harsh on Southend but two quality moves for the goals justify the three points.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2023, 12:18:18 PM »

Great game to watch and two relatively evenly matched teams.  Superb effort to bring such a large away support, credit to them.

Worthy of a mention too, is the steward who was positioned behind the goal at the GR end.  I thought he dealt with the need to move our younger supporters away from the fence sensibly and with good humour.  I spoke to him at the end to thank him but if you're reading this, Bill, it might be worth passing on a bit of positive feedback to his boss.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2023, 02:19:25 PM »

Once the ref showed himself to be even in his allowing of rougher play I thought the game stepped up a notch to become one of the most exciting games I've seen in a while.

It really is good to have a ref that we can say good things about, I hope the Southend fans think the same.

I loved to see our bench yesterday. Regan looks like he's got a couple of injury pounds to drop but nothing another week or so of training won't fix. I can see Sitole getting a start in the next game based on the comments from Phil in his post-match interview.

10 in a row with two very middling-form teams to come before we get a real test of our Playoff potential with Solihull & Chesterfield back to back.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southend Match Thread