PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southend Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Southend Match Thread  (Read 12577 times)

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Southend Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2023, 10:40:49 AM »

I'm sure there's a spell of poor form around the corner somewhere

I contend that the recent game at home against Kiddy might be as bad a spell of poor form as we might have this season.

The Scoreboard evidently agreed with me as it tried to remedy the outcome of that disapointing performance at half-time on Saturday.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2023, 10:41:44 AM »

What a brilliant appointment by Noel White & co to move Tony up after Roy Rees left us . His great side should have taken us into the FL of course , we all know the story.
  As a strange aside  i saw a number of Skem programmes when he was there and they all had him down as Tony SAUNDERS ! No wonder he left .

Do you remember the Ashton chat with Tony mate?
I do mate . It was the Ashton v Hyde cup game , replay i think and we were there to 'spy' on our next round opposition . Tony was Roy's assistant and doing likewise . Lovely fella . It was 1972, the Notts County year 😉

Wow. Didn't realise it was so early in the 70s. Suppose it must have been though. 51 years back 🤯
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2023, 11:55:06 AM »

I contend that the recent game at home against Kiddy might be as bad a spell of poor form as we might have this season.

The Scoreboard evidently agreed with me as it tried to remedy the outcome of that disapointing performance at half-time on Saturday.

You make a good point, maybe Kiddy and the two Oldham games were the dodgy spell, we seemed to just be hanging in there with a threadbare squad.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2023, 12:06:04 PM »

You make a good point, maybe Kiddy and the two Oldham games were the dodgy spell, we seemed to just be hanging in there with a threadbare squad.

I think you were correct in the first place Marple.
As I said elsewhere, the next four or five games up to Christmas will give us a clearer picture of where we are.

Let's hope we're somewhere fantastic! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2023, 01:06:55 PM »

A small point in the scheme of things. What's happened to Alty TV? It seems that it is no longer in HD. In fact, definitely LD.
I'll take frame rate over definition any day.
Thanks for the feedback on this. We've recently switched to the TNT owned camera as main cam as my trusty old JVC (Alty TV cam) can no longer send out a stable output to the NLTV stream (a very loose HDMI out). You might notice a much better quality picture when the edit switches back to camera 2 (using the JVC) on the Southend video. I'll try to make a few more tweaks to the TNT camera and if this doesn't work we'll revert to a dedicated single camera edit using the Alty TV camera only for highlights and leave the NLTV feed on the TNT camera.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2023, 01:33:57 PM »

A small point in the scheme of things. What's happened to Alty TV? It seems that it is no longer in HD. In fact, definitely LD.
I'll take frame rate over definition any day.
Thanks for the feedback on this. We've recently switched to the TNT owned camera as main cam as my trusty old JVC (Alty TV cam) can no longer send out a stable output to the NLTV stream (a very loose HDMI out). You might notice a much better quality picture when the edit switches back to camera 2 (using the JVC) on the Southend video. I'll try to make a few more tweaks to the TNT camera and if this doesn't work we'll revert to a dedicated single camera edit using the Alty TV camera only for highlights and leave the NLTV feed on the TNT camera.

It's like a different language. Delighted you understand all this and can pull Alty TV together. It's hugely appreciated.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2023, 04:03:04 PM »

It sounds like your JVC camera has had as much abuse as my laptop. Thanks for the explanation.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southend Match Thread