News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Main Stand windows: tunnel vision

Author Topic: The Main Stand windows: tunnel vision  (Read 3906 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 06, 2023, 03:59:49 PM »

Now that the colder weather is looming on the horizon, may I issue a plea for the club to do something regarding the limited visibility afforded by the main stand windows?

During our last home match against Kidderminster, the main stand windows were so murky that two corners of the pitch disappeared into an opaque fog.

Players and the ball simply became blurred figures, so much so that I began to fear that I was actually suffering with cataracts.

In fact, I actually ended up having a restricted view of the CSH, which is the very edifice which condemns me to a restricted view of the pitch on a regular basis!

As a result, I dread to think how amateurish the club looked, both in front of the new/infrequent attendees on the night who had been attracted by that £5.00 offer, and the visiting media team who were located at the rear of the main stand.   
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 04:02:29 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The Main Stand windows: tunnel vision
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 05:19:10 PM »

A fair comment made by one of our most well informed and  long standing fan of the Club.

Attention to detail is as important to the club, both on and off the pitch if we want to be portrayed as a progressive club moving in the right direction.

A point well made Barry.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 08:31:43 AM »

Sadly I suspect that the Main Stand will need doing from scratch before too long.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 10:09:58 AM »

Sadly I suspect that the Main Stand will need doing from scratch before too long.

It has served us well for 50-60 years now and I am sure that the replacement of said edifice will be high on the club development priority list.  It has to be if we are serious about promotion to the EFL L2.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2023, 03:25:25 PM »

I reckon that it will be very high on the to do plan once the wheels of stadium upgrades start to rumble

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2023, 05:04:10 PM »

If we were promoted at some point are we allowed to have a stand with a wooden floor? I'm just wondering and reflecting back on Bradford.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2023, 07:36:34 PM »

I love Moss Lane but the only good views in the ground are on the chequers. While I hope the main stand does change at some point we really need to fix the pop side first. New windows excluded from the debate which could surely be done in the interim.

I also think the wood has to be fireproofed to be allowed these days. Forrest Green have a plan to build the whole stadium from wood. If we had another 20 years in the current set up I'd even like to see similar for Alty, if it doesn't rot to sh*t.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2023, 08:02:59 PM »

The answer is to give the main stand to the away fans and build a 2000 seat main stand on the pop side with loads of leg room as the new main stand with all facilities underneath. That way the golf roaders could migrate to the chequers end as and when.
Job's a good'un! 😉

PS. We'd have to cover the chequers end though as we can't have our fans getting wet!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 08:50:49 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2023, 06:44:00 AM »

The answer is to give the main stand to the away fans and build a 2000 seat main stand on the pop side with loads of leg room as the new main stand with all facilities underneath. That way the golf roaders could migrate to the chequers end as and when.
Job's a good'un! 😉

PS. We'd have to cover the chequers end though as we can't have our fans getting wet!

Oooh all seater away fans! I like that, never as noisy as standing.

Good thinking.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2023, 08:39:08 AM »

I reckon if you had a big bunch of singers in that main stand it would be very loud!
Come on Alty!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team