News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Oldham Away

Author Topic: Oldham Away  (Read 4352 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Oldham Away
« on: October 24, 2023, 02:20:28 PM »

Thanks to the club for changing the timing of the away coach to 1pm. And the management board and players for the coach. Lacie is playing for the Under 12's Sapphires on Saturday but will be finished and back home by 1200pm. Therefore, we can now make the game and indeed have booked the coach and tickets at the Chaddy End with the away fans.

Can someone advise as I have limited mobility, where the coach drops us? Is it actually close to the ground as I have a walking stick.

Thanks and see you all tonight and on Saturday, our first away game this season. 

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Oldham Away
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023, 04:43:02 PM »

I don't know where the coach drops people off but the entrance to the away stand was as far away from any road as it is possible to be. It is the equivalent of asking Kiddy supporters to come out of the King George and walk all the way around the ground to gain entrance in the popside / away end corner.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2023, 05:24:12 PM »

Thanks to the club for changing the timing of the away coach to 1pm. And the management board and players for the coach. Lacie is playing for the Under 12's Sapphires on Saturday but will be finished and back home by 1200pm. Therefore, we can now make the game and indeed have booked the coach and tickets at the Chaddy End with the away fans.

Can someone advise as I have limited mobility, where the coach drops us? Is it actually close to the ground as I have a walking stick.

Thanks and see you all tonight and on Saturday, our first away game this season.
Hi Steve. Last season after a bit of a conflab with the stewards the coach entered the main car park and parked up about 50 yards from the away turnstiles. Obviously I don't know if it'll be the same this time.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2023, 08:53:39 PM »

No idea which Oldham we're gonna get. Fyldes two up after 12 tonight and they are down to 10 before the end of the half.

Probably be world beaters on Saturday.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2023, 10:34:53 PM »

After tonight's (we should've seen it coming) banana skin, we'll definitely get three points at boundary park.

ie typical Alty! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2023, 11:03:53 PM »

Need to go brave against Oldham or we might aswell throw the towel in.
Banks scored,  but I would start Donawa at RB and 100% Sithole over Angus.
Our fullbacks hardly overlapped against a very average Kiddy team.
We succeed, when we get at teams.
We do not need to worry about Oldham. Tonight wasn't very positive, too many edge of the area passing.
Let's keep getting at teams.
CCC needs ro get close to the number 9 and play off him.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2023, 11:34:08 PM »

I think that describing Kiddy as average is a huge understatement. They are relegation fodder and quite how we haven't won that I've no idea. It's not working out for Angus and I genuinely believe that he's more of an impact sub than a starter. Either start Sithole or get in that loan market and bring in a number 9 until Regan is fit.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2023, 07:52:35 AM »

I think that describing Kiddy as average is a huge understatement. They are relegation fodder and quite how we haven't won that I've no idea. It's not working out for Angus and I genuinely believe that he's more of an impact sub than a starter. Either start Sithole or get in that loan market and bring in a number 9 until Regan is fit.

Agreed. Angus is better off the bench.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2023, 10:59:21 PM »

Getting the juniors and their parents to an away game f.o.c. is a good initiative / gesture by the club and hopefully may generate some long term interest in the club.

But disappointing (i.m.o) that we are not running a supporters coach to Oldham like we did last season.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2023, 07:48:08 AM »

Getting the juniors and their parents to an away game f.o.c. is a good initiative / gesture by the club and hopefully may generate some long term interest in the club.

But disappointing (i.m.o) that we are not running a supporters coach to Oldham like we did last season.

I saw on one of the fans Facebook groups last night, it’s now opened up to regular supporters beyond the juniors & parents/guardians so you’ll be able to book on now in the normal way. More broadly I can see why Union Golf Road not putting coaches on for the local away games very accessible by public transport from Manchester makes sense. We took 600 to Oldham last season & id wager majority got there by tram.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2023, 10:55:27 AM »

I saw on one of the fans Facebook groups last night, it’s now opened up to regular supporters beyond the juniors & parents/guardians so you’ll be able to book on now in the normal way. More broadly I can see why Union Golf Road not putting coaches on for the local away games very accessible by public transport from Manchester makes sense. We took 600 to Oldham last season & id wager majority got there by tram.

Thanks for this Sarf London...hopefully booked on
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Oldham Away