PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidderminster Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Kidderminster Match Thread  (Read 9706 times)

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Kidderminster Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2023, 11:33:31 PM »

Dominated possession and created a fair number of good chances, but just couldn't hit the target. Very wayward shooting at times. The Banks goal looked very good, but otherwise poor in front of goal. Agree CCC needed to be further forward.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2023, 11:41:21 PM »

Should have won that comfortably & if not for a goal conceded when we’d barely kicked off I reckon we would have done so. Amaluzor, Angus & Sithole all wasted very presentable chances in the second half-we need Linney back desperately. Sithole looked very lively when he came on, which gives us a much needed extra option.

Kiddy looked every inch the Conference North side they still expected to be this season & treated the ball like a hot potato when they managed to get hold of it. They’ll do very well to stay up IMO

End of the day though it’s still 8 unbeaten in the league with a game in hand on most & on Saturday Oldham will actually have to attack us on their own ground, so should be a different game to the scrappy FA Cup tie.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2023, 12:11:53 AM »

Definite 2 pts dropped rather than 1 won.

Kiddy were poor, we should have beat them.

Eddie Jones is so frustrating, he always wants to pass back when he has better options to get the ball forward quicker. We are very very good when we attack at pace but for some reason we just pass the ball along the back line Yes there are times when that is all well and good but for Gods sake it’s becoming the Norm which doesn’t do us any good at all,  Kiddy we’re there for the taking tonight but we failed to execute the task.

One good thing about tonight was that Hogan (a very good defender), got himself sent off tonight playing for Oldham, so he will be missing on Saturday. We will need to be sharper when we go to Boundary park ….

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2023, 06:08:51 AM »

Is this me or what but we always significantly under-perform when it is a fiver game, a NL TV game or a larger crowd containing ultimately lost new fans?

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2023, 07:51:21 AM »

Is this me or what but we always significantly under-perform when it is a fiver game, a NL TV game or a larger crowd containing ultimately lost new fans?

Yes we often do under-perfom in these games.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2023, 08:35:28 AM »

Goes back years. Although last season we did best Oldham, York & Halifax in front of large home attendances plus Chessy this season on Bank Holiday Saturday (a result which looks more impressive with every passing week). Still last two home games against let’s be honest fairly average opposition have been wasted opportunities with 4500 home fans seeing 1 goal in 3 hours.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2023, 08:39:42 AM »

I don't know, I think it's human nature to hold on to missed opportunities of this kind but I can think of lots of recent examples that were positive.

Ultimately, outside of Chesterfield - and probably Barnet too - every team has these frustrating home draws where teams set up to defend and pick up points, with heavy pitches being levellers too.

Should be an intriguing contest on Saturday, assuming Oldham come out and play us a bit. I just hope we don't look overwhelmed by the occasion like we did for 80 minutes last season.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2023, 08:59:11 AM »

Will post tomorrow when a little calmer although possibly not as I would probably say much the same as oneedham if I were as articulate (and calm).

PS. It shows you how glass half full I've become when I say despite this evening I'm still very positive and happy about where we are this season! 😉

I think it's clear that we're a pretty good team but we're very short in having someone sharp up top to put away the chances we are capable of creating. Let's hope Linney can be that man and will be returning sooner rather than later.
This is the toughest spot to fill and I'm sure Parky knows it.
Having someone lethal there will make the difference between a barely top half finish (something most of us would have taken at the start of the season) and a place off spot (something most of us are hoping for).
We've dropped points against teams we should've beaten but we've also got unexpected results. We can clearly beat anyone on our day so we just need someone to put away the chances and our good days will occur more frequently.
Over a third of the season gone and we've only lost twice. We've got a lot to be heartened by!
Come on you Supers, give us three points on Saturday!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2023, 09:16:28 AM »

Like others feel 2 points dropped, sloppy start and own goal. Grew into the game and deservedly got equaliser. Huffed and puffed against a spirited if limited KH side. Some composed finishing and we'd have won comfortably. Agree we need a stronger bench, which we would have if Linney and Kosylo were back and match fit. Dior was very isolated tonight, CCC as others say needs to get closer and work combinations with Dior or whomever is there. But there physical disruptive press prevented that and frustrated us somewhat. Still maybe a valuable point at end of season.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2023, 09:57:45 AM »

We're just going to have to get used to it, teams looking at the league table very happy with a draw vs us.  In the past they'd have thought they might win and go forward.
Cant agree that CCC positioning was to blame, its more about having something different to unlock this defensive system.  Amaluzor looked most likely.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2023, 10:14:34 AM »

Just a thought,should not have let Hulme go
Harold

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2023, 01:36:04 PM »

He's doing great for Radcliffe but do we aspire to be like them?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2023, 01:40:38 PM »

I think Jordan wanted to go, and I think we all need to move on - he finished last season strongly but he wasn't the answer going forward.

Perhaps an argument to move back to the Gateshead system at the weekend, play Newby and Amaluzor 'up front' with CCC behind, bring James Jones back in for some minutes and possibly Justin Donawa from the start too?

Could even start with the two Justins up front and drop someone like Newby to the bench as we probably just need to freshen things up a bit?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2023, 06:37:34 PM »

Paddy Madden isn't getting much game time at County

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2023, 06:45:27 PM »

I think Jordan wanted to go, and I think we all need to move on - he finished last season strongly but he wasn't the answer going forward.

Perhaps an argument to move back to the Gateshead system at the weekend, play Newby and Amaluzor 'up front' with CCC behind, bring James Jones back in for some minutes and possibly Justin Donawa from the start too?

Could even start with the two Justins up front and drop someone like Newby to the bench as we probably just need to freshen things up a bit?

Who would you drop to fit in James Jones.. Cooper and Baines are doing a good Job?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidderminster Match Thread