News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Charlie Caton

Author Topic: Charlie Caton  (Read 3856 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Charlie Caton
« on: October 15, 2023, 04:40:12 PM »

Banging them in for Chester.

Only 20. Strong and direct striker.

More than happy with Linney but looks a real prospect.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Caton
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 05:56:12 PM »

Banging them in for Chester.

Only 20. Strong and direct striker.

More than happy with Linney but looks a real prospect.

Caton was on my little transfer targets thread in the summer - did brilliantly for them last season on loan, and after his release from Shrewsbury I thought we'd definitely be in for him.

Maybe we enquired, but his previous time at Chester gave them the edge.

Interesting he's playing as a centre forward as I think he can play anywhere across the front line - I'm pretty sure he played at 10 last season and he can play out wide too.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2023, 05:30:18 PM »

Talking of strikers  Ruairi Keating at Cork looks half decent.  Their season ends in November

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2023, 08:28:42 AM »

Talking of strikers  Ruairi Keating at Cork looks half decent.  Their season ends in November

I can see he's played in the English leagues before, bagged an OK amount of goals... but I'm always nervous taking someone from the Welsh/Irish leagues.

On my Buxton save on FM there's a lad called Douglas James-Taylor, Salford trainee who moved on to Stoke and was in the same team as Eddy Jones during his time there. Spent last season on loan at Walsall and signed permanently after his release, but not getting any game time currently (although he sits on the bench).

Going to work on the assumption that Parky's scouting network is more sophisticated than playing Football Manager... but strikes me as quite 'Alty'.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2023, 10:59:19 AM »

I can see he's played in the English leagues before, bagged an OK amount of goals... but I'm always nervous taking someone from the Welsh/Irish leagues.
Keating is the nephew of Ronan Keating of Boyzone fame, he sadly lost his father in a terrible car crash while driving to watch a game and thus missed 3 games earlier this season. He came back and bagged a hat-trick in his second start (against Sligo Rovers, the team Cork faced on the tragic day weeks earlier). I wonder if he might have developed some loyalty to Cork as they treated him very well when everything happened (As I'd hope any club would).

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Charlie Caton