PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Oldham FA Cup Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Oldham FA Cup Match Thread  (Read 13992 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Oldham FA Cup Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2023, 05:09:34 PM »

Only Newby was moving out of the front 4.
How did Amaluzor get MOTM? Lacked confidence and movement, looked disinterested at times.
Dior was poor again, his touch was awful and a lack of strength. Would rather see Sithole start.
Desperately need Linney back.
They wanted it more than us.
Yet again we have bottled the FA Cup.

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2023, 05:16:13 PM »

The treble is over, but the double is still on ;)
Seriously though as already stated bottled it in the
FA cup again so frustrating,hopefully Dorking will suffer
The backlash next week
Gutted but we will go again next week.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2023, 05:16:20 PM »

Look, it's a tough one to take and we're all gonna be down, but we were clearly better than Oldham - we just couldn't score.

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2023, 05:39:53 PM »

I didn’t think they offered much going forward but they looked well organised defensively. We couldn’t break them down. CCC and Justin A had a tough day. Nothing came off for either of them and I felt it was a game that was going to be settled by a bit of brilliance or a scrappy goal.
Sadly it was the latter.

b23

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2023, 05:44:09 PM »

Poor performances all round. Never got going. Looked nervous. Think we bottled it. They came for a nil nil from the start. They are poor. We'll see what excuses are given..

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2023, 06:09:04 PM »

Oh well... that's it for another year 🙄
Never thought I'd say it, but rather we took the league points off them. Looking forward to seeing a response and six points in the next two home games cementing a play offs spot.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2023, 07:32:28 PM »

Not that bothered about losing a cup match we are never going to win, romantic yes, but with our good start to the season I would rather get 3 points at Boundary Park in a fortnight and maybe a good run in the trophy.

Dorking up next followed by Kiddy  both winnable to keep us on track.

Not sure giving up half the ground to away fans is the way ahead to be frank. It’s not ALL about money folks.

The view from the pop side  for home fans wasn’t good unless you are 6’ 4”

The tannoy needs adjusting or the bloke who operates it does…

Marriott was MoM

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2023, 08:09:40 PM »

Not that bothered about losing a cup match we are never going to win, romantic yes, but with our good start to the season I would rather get 3 points at Boundary Park in a fortnight and maybe a good run in the trophy.

Not sure giving up half the ground to away fans is the way ahead to be frank. It’s not ALL about money folks.

Marriott was MoM

Isaac Marriott was definitely MOM. I couldn't believe it when Amaluzor was announced - they must just let the nearest young kid to the microphone pluck a name out of thin air.

Their additional squad depth definitely helped - they cranked it up a gear when Reid came on, and the goal followed a sustained period of pressure from them - we had nothing to turn to ourselves.

Although - that said - not sure what Sithole's meant to do with 5 minutes plus stoppages.

I do fear that, when Chris Conn-Clarke doesn't show up, we don't show up - the lad can't have a worldy every week, and he obviously can't do it all on his own. I agree that Newby was the only one that looked sharp, and the other three forwards were well off it.

Probably a good reality check, and a reset going into two winnable home games.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2023, 09:33:58 PM »

Marriott was MoM

Isaac Marriott was definitely MOM. I couldn't believe it when Amaluzor was announced - they must just let the nearest young kid to the microphone pluck a name out of thin air.

Their additional squad depth definitely helped - they cranked it up a gear when Reid came on, and the goal followed a sustained period of pressure from them - we had nothing to turn to ourselves.

Although - that said - not sure what Sithole's meant to do with 5 minutes plus stoppages.

I do fear that, when Chris Conn-Clarke doesn't show up, we don't show up - the lad can't have a worldy every week, and he obviously can't do it all on his own. I agree that Newby was the only one that looked sharp, and the other three forwards were well off it.

Probably a good reality check, and a reset going into two winnable home games.

I think the matchday sponsors choose the MoM.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2023, 10:17:44 PM »

What was the attendance?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2023, 10:40:49 PM »

What was the attendance?

3874 (1115 Oldham)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2023, 09:06:41 AM »

Like others say we weren't quite at it yesterday, especially second half. That said we had the better and more chances through the match. Just not clinical enough and lady luck deserted us as the save from the Dior shot was saved onto the cross bar. Newby also had a good chance spurned.

Need to dust ourselves down and move onto Dorking.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2023, 10:23:53 AM »

At this point in our season I've got used to saying, often tongue in cheek, that it leaves free to concentrate on the relegation battle.

This season I'm instead hoping that the battle is for a playoff spot.

COYR!!!

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2023, 10:25:58 AM »

I endorse what 'That Man' says in #31 and will add that overall I think that the best team lost and if we had put our scoring boots on we could have trounced them.  Their defence managed to stay ½ second ahead of us getting to the ball and they did this effectively by playing 10 men behind the ball for much of the game and thowing themselves in front of any strikes that we attempted to take.

it will be a different game at Boundary Park in a couple of weeks time in the league.  They are aiming to get into the playoffs and will attempt to play a more open attacking game.  We may take them apart if we are on form and revenge will be ours.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2023, 12:09:20 PM »

I endorse what 'That Man' says in #31 and will add that overall I think that the best team lost and if we had put our scoring boots on we could have trounced them.  Their defence managed to stay ½ second ahead of us getting to the ball and they did this effectively by playing 10 men behind the ball for much of the game and thowing themselves in front of any strikes that we attempted to take.

it will be a different game at Boundary Park in a couple of weeks time in the league.  They are aiming to get into the playoffs and will attempt to play a more open attacking game.  We may take them apart if we are on form and revenge will be ours.

This.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Oldham FA Cup Match Thread