News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fylde Sack Manager

Author Topic: Fylde Sack Manager  (Read 3832 times)

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Fylde Sack Manager
« on: October 08, 2023, 11:01:02 PM »

A statement has been issued by AFC Fylde which reveals that "Following the recent run of results, the Board of Directors have decided to relieve Head Coach Adam Murray of his duties with immediate effect.

The Club will now begin an immediate search for a new Head Coach, but in the meantime, Director of Football Chris Beech will take over the running of the team".

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fylde Sack Manager
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2023, 08:34:56 AM »

It's a pretty ruthless league isn't it? How many is that already this season. Three or four?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 09:24:41 AM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2023, 08:35:16 AM »

When Fylde went one way out of the NLN and we went the other, I genuinely thought we wouldn't see them again for a long time.

As much as the National League seems like an open competition this season, it does seem to be getting much less forgiving for promoted sides - even Ebbsfleet who racked up over 100 points and kept hold of their best players.

If you're starting Danny Whitehead in midfield every game at this level then you're bound to have issues.

Chris Beech has managerial experience with Rochdale and Carlisle, so he'll stand a good chance of getting the job permanently if results pick up.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2023, 09:49:20 AM »

It's a pretty ruthless league isn't it? How many is that already this season. Three or four?

York, Oldham and Eastleigh (I think)... Were there any others?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2023, 10:23:34 AM »

When Fylde went one way out of the NLN and we went the other, I genuinely thought we wouldn't see them again for a long time.

Same here......felt they were one of those clubs who would be backed and backed at each level until they became a FL side.

I thought the same about Grays almost 20 years ago after they tonked us in the Trophy, secured promotion and then made the play offs. They ran out of steam eventually.

I was in Harrogate last week....they now have a fairly large club shop....albeit just on the fringes of the town centre. Not sure how successful it is.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 10:26:32 AM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2023, 10:41:29 AM »

Having been to Harrogate (the town) a few times, I always thought it was a bit too snooty for football. More rugger and country pursuits. I must be wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2023, 12:28:36 PM »

Having been to Harrogate (the town) a few times, I always thought it was a bit too snooty for football. More rugger and country pursuits. I must be wrong.
Good assessment in general. I know the place well and the town centre area is extremely affluent, however the surrounding areas of Knaresborough, Starbeck and Ripley may lay host to some footy fans.

However the problem Harrogate face is quick, regular and reliable trains into Leeds to watch the Damned United. Buses are every 15 minutes and £2.

Be interesting to know what their average attendance is....I expect not too high, but fear we would have the same problem if in L2
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 12:32:19 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2023, 12:47:04 PM »

Good assessment in general. I know the place well and the town centre area is extremely affluent, however the surrounding areas of Knaresborough, Starbeck and Ripley may lay host to some footy fans.

However the problem Harrogate face is quick, regular and reliable trains into Leeds to watch the Damned United. Buses are every 15 minutes and £2.

Be interesting to know what their average attendance is....I expect not too high, but fear we would have the same problem if in L2

Affluent area reflected in the fact the club is reasonably well financially backed (I think)... but not so much from the stands.

They average just over 2,000 which is the lowest in the division.

Only two clubs (Harrogate and Salford) averaged below 3,000 last season; I'm curious to understand how we would fare if we ever reached that level, or how we'd look to get that additional support through the turnstiles to even be competitive.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2023, 07:33:59 PM »

Affluent area reflected in the fact the club is reasonably well financially backed (I think)... but not so much from the stands.

They average just over 2,000 which is the lowest in the division.

Only two clubs (Harrogate and Salford) averaged below 3,000 last season; I'm curious to understand how we would fare if we ever reached that level, or how we'd look to get that additional support through the turnstiles to even be competitive.

There was a similar debate to this on the FB group last week. I think if we were a team consistently challenging at the top of the Conference we’d soon average over 2000 home fans every week. The challenge then is to grow it towards 2500. I think to do that we’d need big improvement to our spectating facilities, some kind of permanent presence in the town centre & the off pitch investment continuing to flow.

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2023, 08:44:45 PM »

Looks like the rumours were true and surprising to see Milli turning Fylde down.

STATEMENT FROM BAMBER BRIDGE

The club have issued the following statement regarding the first team manager Jamie Milligan and his position at the club.

“The club have been made aware of rumours circulating relating to first team manager Jamie Milligan. We (the club) would not normally respond to this type of issue, but in this instance, we feel it is in the best interest of all concerned to make a statement.

Last week, we received an approach from another club, with a request to speak to Jamie.  We agreed this would remain confidential to the club and the other party involved.
We operate a transparent approach to all contracted staff (coaches and players) and therefore in line with this, made Jamie aware of the approach, allowing him to speak to the club if he so wished.

Jamie has reflected over the weekend and has decided he wants to remain at the Bamber Bridge, pushing on with building a squad which is capable of challenging this season in the Northern Premier League.

We recognise Jamie’s ambition and talent, and we are delighted he has decide to remain at Bamber Bridge.

No further comment will be made on this matter.”

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2023, 09:30:29 PM »

Looks like the rumours were true and surprising to see Milli turning Fylde down.

STATEMENT FROM BAMBER BRIDGE

The club have issued the following statement regarding the first team manager Jamie Milligan and his position at the club.

“The club have been made aware of rumours circulating relating to first team manager Jamie Milligan. We (the club) would not normally respond to this type of issue, but in this instance, we feel it is in the best interest of all concerned to make a statement.

Last week, we received an approach from another club, with a request to speak to Jamie.  We agreed this would remain confidential to the club and the other party involved.
We operate a transparent approach to all contracted staff (coaches and players) and therefore in line with this, made Jamie aware of the approach, allowing him to speak to the club if he so wished.

Jamie has reflected over the weekend and has decided he wants to remain at the Bamber Bridge, pushing on with building a squad which is capable of challenging this season in the Northern Premier League.

We recognise Jamie’s ambition and talent, and we are delighted he has decide to remain at Bamber Bridge.

No further comment will be made on this matter.”

This is being said slightly in jest, as I know Milligan is a well-regarded manager... but for Haythornthwaite, being turned down by the Bamber Bridge manager has gotta hurt.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fylde Sack Manager