News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Couple of unusual bits of credit

Author Topic: Couple of unusual bits of credit  (Read 3948 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 04, 2023, 08:40:20 AM »

Firstly, to the referee last night who I thought was excellent - even if begrudgingly given that he awarded a penalty against us. Set his stall out early in terms of what he'd let go, and stayed consistent. By the time the cards started coming out there was no doubt they passed the threshold - even Alex Newby's for kicking the ball away which we know they're clamping down on this season.

We all got to watch a good game of football and the ref played a part in that.

Secondly, to Aldershot's travelling number - I thought 117 for a long and fairly miserable Tuesday evening was a fantastic effort, so fair play to them.

I must be going soft.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Couple of unusual bits of credit
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2023, 09:14:54 AM »

I thought the ref was awful. Amaluzor and CCC were getting fouled all over the show then he'd give us a strange free kick when it wasn't even a foul. Pen was outside the box too

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 09:40:08 AM »

It played a lot of advantages tbf, but never booked anyone after the event.

Con-Clarke was kicked fuk out of with no redress
Full time and proud of it

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2023, 10:34:50 AM »

I think we need to accept that the likes of CCC and Amaluzor are going to get kicked though, it works both ways as long as there's consistency.

Right in front of the popular side towards the end of the game, one of ours (Baines I think) went right through the back of one of theirs, and the ref waved it on. We want to see a good technical AND physical battle, and I thought the ref let the game flow well as a result of his approach which is rare at this level.

If he'd set his stall out to book their number 2 early doors (which he could have done), you run the risk of having to book everything else afterwards - and that's when games spiral out of control because both teams let those emotions get the better of them. He's ended up booking a couple each team, which reflects the way the game was (largely) played.

Sometimes I do feel they can't win.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 10:37:36 AM by MarpleAlty »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2023, 10:48:29 AM »

He wasn’t the worst ref but he certainly wasn’t the best. Amaluzor was wrestled off  the ball quite a few times, it’s all right saying the ref let the game flow which is fine by me but, if no advantage is gained then he should bring it back. That applies to all players not just ours.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2023, 10:49:15 AM »

I think we need to accept that the likes of CCC and Amaluzor are going to get kicked though, it works both ways as long as there's consistency.

Right in front of the popular side towards the end of the game, one of ours (Baines I think) went right through the back of one of theirs, and the ref waved it on. We want to see a good technical AND physical battle, and I thought the ref let the game flow well as a result of his approach which is rare at this level.

If he'd set his stall out to book their number 2 early doors (which he could have done), you run the risk of having to book everything else afterwards - and that's when games spiral out of control because both teams let those emotions get the better of them. He's ended up booking a couple each team, which reflects the way the game was (largely) played.

Sometimes I do feel they can't win.

Yeah that was a foul

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2023, 11:21:06 AM »

Agree the Baines foul (not given) was a very poor decision.

He let too many pushes and pulls go......but maybe the I noticed the most were those against us

There were several instances where he played advantage and should have come back and spoken or booked the player. I thought we were fouled in the run up to the CCC goal
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2023, 12:00:27 PM »

He let too many pushes and pulls go......but maybe the I noticed the most were those against us

There were several instances where he played advantage and should have come back and spoken or booked the player. I thought we were fouled in the run up to the CCC goal

...in which case, many of the referees in this league would have blown for a foul straight away and thus the goal wouldn't have materialised...?!

I wouldn't say I saw any advantage played that warranted retrospective action in the form of a booking, or even a passing conversation.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2023, 12:02:05 PM »

He wasn’t the worst ref but he certainly wasn’t the best. Amaluzor was wrestled off  the ball quite a few times, it’s all right saying the ref let the game flow which is fine by me but, if no advantage is gained then he should bring it back. That applies to all players not just ours.

I didn't see him play that many advantages - he simply deemed most not to be a foul...?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2023, 04:50:58 PM »

...in which case, many of the referees in this league would have blown for a foul straight away and thus the goal wouldn't have materialised...?!

I wouldn't say I saw any advantage played that warranted retrospective action in the form of a booking, or even a passing conversation.
I agree.....if he saw a fouk, he may have blown and prevented the advantage that resulted in a goal

However he missed what I thought was a tug back on CCC - so no advantage played...I felt he should have spotted the pull and played advantage and had a word after we score
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2023, 10:20:44 PM »

I heard Mark Chapman on Radio 5 tonight mention Elliot Newby's getting booked for putting the ball in the in next after the whistle had gone as a booking for time wasting as if it was part of the new refereeing directive, but surely getting booked for that has been a thing for about twenty years?

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2023, 11:22:13 PM »

Ref was tosh, pen was contact outside the box with a swan dive in to it. Every call we had was overlooked while he blew up for them in most 50/50's.

117 on a Tuesday is great for that distance.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2023, 08:51:10 AM »

I heard Mark Chapman on Radio 5 tonight mention Elliot Newby's getting booked for putting the ball in the in next after the whistle had gone as a booking for time wasting as if it was part of the new refereeing directive, but surely getting booked for that has been a thing for about twenty years?

Definite clamping down at all levels for time wasting and dissent; more lenient refs did previously let those go (often with a word in the ear of course), and given the way the ref played the rest of the game I think he'd have let that go last season. You can't really argue Alex hadn't heard the whistle go.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2023, 06:06:18 PM »

Definite clamping down at all levels for time wasting and dissent; more lenient refs did previously let those go (often with a word in the ear of course), and given the way the ref played the rest of the game I think he'd have let that go last season. You can't really argue Alex hadn't heard the whistle go.

Alex of course, not Elliot.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team