PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Aldershot Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Aldershot Match Thread  (Read 7548 times)

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Aldershot Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2023, 11:08:55 PM »

Team will probably be very similar to last Saturday.

Alty 2 - 1 Shots

Excellent prediction!

Way off. Attendance was 1274!
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2023, 11:15:01 PM »

Things are certainly going our way at the moment... Aldershot will be wondering how they haven't come  away from that game with at least a point, but we took our chances and they didn't.

Our defence has cut out the silly nonsense since the Bromley game and with Ethan behind them - who took.no chances with a few great punches on a wet night - we looked fairly solid.

Aldershot played some really nice stuff, and on that showing they'll be OK. Their ball playing centre half (and goalscorer), Cian Harries, was absolute mustard - and their centre forward Tolaj held the ball up really well. It was perhaps to our benefit that their number 10 Stokes was fairly quiet.

Quality goal from Cricky, and Justin clearly had a point to prove - although he'd have been having nightmares about that late miss if they'd equalised. He needs to show that endeavour week in, week out now.

Funnily enough I thought Newby wasn't at the races and I probably would have hooked him before he scored!

We'll play plenty of worse teams than Aldershot and not win.

To think Regan Linney is to come back into this - I just hope we're still flying by then.

Anything next week is a bonus at this stage - should be a great game.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2023, 11:50:28 PM »

Made hard work of that again tonight saying that  Aldershot were the best
Team I’ve seen at ML this season
They constantly caused issues down our right in the first half with there
Front three and probably and should have been two up before CCC fantastic
Finish
Much better in the 2nd half there GK pulled of a few good saves.
Newby a must for me PP make an offer they can’t refuse.
The team must be and quite rightly so high in confidence
Massive test on Saturday in the NE win that and boy will I start dreaming
Said it for weeks now not playing brilliant but picking up the 3 points is a
Sign of a very good team.
Finally the guy in the golf road who slags of every player when they make
A mistake
I get your passion but come on give it a rest.

Could you narrow that down a bit! That could be one of dozens! (joking really, I think i know who you mean).  :o

An entertaining game, agree we rode our luck at times (e.g. Aldershot hitting the post), but then again I thought their keeper kept them in it with 2-3 very good saves, especially from Justin A.

Looking forward to seeing the highlights as both our goals looked superb, Alex Newby and CCC have that bit of quality to make a difference, even when not always at their best (although CCC is getting a lot more consistent and was quality tonight).

4 straight wins is a great run, well done all!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2023, 12:06:16 AM »

Team will probably be very similar to last Saturday.

Alty 2 - 1 Shots

Excellent prediction!

Way off. Attendance was 1274!

I forgot to include myself and my lovely wife in the total 😳

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2023, 01:07:44 AM »

I’m not counted as well mate, so nearly getting there

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2023, 09:22:22 AM »

4 from 4 is an excellent return, threadbare squad, all putting a shift in. End to end game that we had the better chances in overall and deserved the win. CCC getting better as season goes on. Newby with a good finish as well. If Amaluzor finds the end product he'll be mustard for us, his approach play is very good. Reminds me of JJ in early days. Defended well, silly push for the penalty on edge of the box. ref was OK, but too slow giving protection to CCC and others.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2023, 09:58:14 AM »

Nearly a third of the way through our league fixtures and only two losses and those were against good teams who are both going well.  Come on Alty!!!

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2023, 10:30:15 AM »

Nearly a third of the way through our league fixtures and only two losses and those were against good teams who are both going well.  Come on Alty!!!

Following the Gateshead game we also have two very winnable (as much as I don't want to curse it) home fixtures on the face of it, versus Dorking and Kidderminster.

Another 6 from 9 over the next trio of fixtures would keep the good momentum going - any more than that would be a bonus in my eyes.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2023, 12:26:30 PM »

First half was an attacking fest where the scoreline could very well have been 3-3 or anything , the Shots sliced through us numerously with their lightening attacking play , what they did'nt have was a number 10 with abundant skills and a touch of magic.  Tighter after the break but still end to end so a cracking game overall . On balance a very good over an impressive Shots side .  To be 6th after all the injury woes is brilliant and says it all about the talent and fighting qualities in the squad . Good times .

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2023, 07:18:32 PM »

Really enjoyable & high quality game last night. Aldershot lived up to expectations but the extra quality we had in attacking areas was the key. Both our goals were very well finished. Still think we need another body in up top to replace Sithole. Shame about the crowd but our next midweeker at half term & the £5 offer will be much better than last night.

Onto Saturday now which will give us a very good indicator of where our level is & should be a real feast of football. Obviously Dinanga will notch.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2023, 07:40:12 PM »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2023, 08:54:54 AM »

First half was an attacking fest where the scoreline could very well have been 3-3 or anything , the Shots sliced through us numerously with their lightening attacking play , what they did'nt have was a number 10 with abundant skills and a touch of magic.  Tighter after the break but still end to end so a cracking game overall . On balance a very good over an impressive Shots side .  To be 6th after all the injury woes is brilliant and says it all about the talent and fighting qualities in the squad . Good times .

They think extremely highly of their number 10, Josh Stokes - and think they'll lose him to the Football League soon. Thankfully for us he was fairly quiet on the night. He's a fairly young lad and missed quite a glaring early chance past the far post when he should have done better.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Aldershot Match Thread