PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Cup Draw
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: FA Cup Draw  (Read 13748 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: FA Cup Draw
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2023, 09:15:25 PM »

Doubt they'd have that for a qualifying round? My guess is it'll be one game picked from the whole draw, normally lowest left in the competition.

Perhaps Fylde V Leek or more likely Chesterfield V Kettering. They may even go down the route of showing Southend after what's been happening there. Our game will be well down the pecking order.

Agreed, not sure why people think they'd have multiple games on for a qualifying round. I'll be one featured game on red button, which won't be us.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2023, 09:31:15 PM »

Intriguing tie this & quite hard to call, although I’d make us slight favourites with home advantage though doubtless they’ll bring a large support. Two big league games before then mind.

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2023, 11:31:24 PM »

Doubt they'd have that for a qualifying round? My guess is it'll be one game picked from the whole draw, normally lowest left in the competition.

Perhaps Fylde V Leek or more likely Chesterfield V Kettering. They may even go down the route of showing Southend after what's been happening there. Our game will be well down the pecking order.

Agreed, not sure why people think they'd have multiple games on for a qualifying round. I'll be one featured game on red button, which won't be us.

My theory (to answer your query), No Premiership/Championship games all weekend. England/international matches being played Friday 13th & Tuesday 17th Oct gives BBC, ITV and other services a great opportunity to showcase as much FA cup coverage as possible. It’s only an educated guess but why not?

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2023, 11:34:39 PM »

What's the longest journey we could make with an away draw? That's who we'll draw. Just getting a negative vibe about it somehow.
Nothing to do with us, but Chelmsford City won their replay tonight, which means Whitby have to go down there... in a regionalised round.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2023, 08:51:25 AM »

Ties with more neutral appeal with us:

- Hereford v Rochdale - 'smaller' team at home, Hereford's history in the competition, Rochdale's first tie at this level.
- Stourbridge v Gateshead - 2 levels apart, smaller team at home, Gateshead one of the highest ranked teams in the draw
- Horsham v Dorking - 2 levels apart, smaller team at home, 'derby' appeal... although can Dorking be considered an attractive enough 'big fish'?
- Yeovil v Southend - 'smaller' team at home, two fallen giants... given Southend's plight, this has a very strong chance of being selected
- Bracknell v Dagenham - 2 levels apart, smaller team at home... just doesn't hold as much intrigue as others listed above

I agree that we'll probably be slight favourites, particularly given I think they'll probably want to continue to focus on climbing back up the league and I don't think they'll value the paycheques as much as others would. I just hope the weather improves by then as it's currently absolutely tipping it down here!

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2023, 09:21:03 AM »

I think the Alty v Oldham game is higher profile with 2 localish teams playing against one another, it wouldn't surprise me if the Beeb take an interest in the game.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2023, 01:10:30 PM »

just hope the weather improves by then as it's currently absolutely tipping it down here!

Weather's lovely here in Ithaka! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2023, 01:15:55 PM »

I think that the Alty v Oldham game has as much chance as any of the others of beIng shown.  It will be cast as 'former Top Flight Premier Leaguers meet former prolific record Giant-Killers'... no wait on... what Is this?... EuroSmakufussball.com have obtained broadcasting rights to the game.  EuroSmaku cater exclusively for the population of Tuvalu and have announced that the game will now kick off at 02:30am on Monday 23rd 2023.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2023, 01:21:18 PM »

I think that the Alty v Oldham game has as much chance as any of the others of beIng shown.  It will be cast as 'former Top Flight Premier Leaguers meet former prolific record Giant-Killers'... no wait on... what Is this?... EuroSmakufussball.com have obtained broadcasting rights to the game.  EuroSmaku cater exclusively for the population of Tuvalu and have announced that the game will now kick off at 02:30am on Monday 23rd 2023.
That's the last thing I expected.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2023, 01:53:15 PM »

Is the commentary going to be in English or Tuvaluan?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2023, 12:48:43 PM »

Brackley v D&R has been selected
Full time and proud of it

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2023, 12:59:27 PM »

Maybe this on the BBC website is going to be completed with a full schedule? 3 matches on the Saturday and 1 on the Sunday. But might just be replays of the one selected match???

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001rmjx
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 01:01:13 PM by AltyNotFaulty »

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2023, 05:28:34 PM »

Can you feel it?  I can feel it.

Maxi Oyedele: "Hey Gaffer, When can I go back to Alty?"

Gaffer: "How about at the beginning of the New Year?"

Maxi: "Cool, as long as I get registered before the 3rd Round of the FA Cup"

Gaffer:  "You can feel it can't you"

Maxi: "Yeah, I can feel it"

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2023, 08:45:54 PM »

I see Justin Donowa will miss the cup game due to international call up

b23

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2023, 06:02:22 PM »

Does this game go to a replay if level after 90 mins? No extra time or pens?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Cup Draw