PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Oxford city match thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Oxford city match thread  (Read 10464 times)

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Oxford city match thread
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2023, 08:35:17 PM »

3 straight wins including 2 away wins is a superb return at this level, well done to Parky, Sorvs and the lads.

Oxford did well for a fair period in the game, either side of HT, but Parky's formation change in the second half got us more control and led to the win.

CCC very creative again with 2 assists, 2 goals for defenders was good to see, especially for Eddy Jones who did very well to get in front of their defender to smash home the winner. Some solid defending once more at the back from Cooper and Baines, Ethan Ross has made such a big difference this season as he was decent again.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2023, 09:00:10 PM »

Strange game.

We were awful for some periods of the match, but could still have won it more comfortably via those two late chances for Newby and Amaluzor respectively, plus that deflected Newby free kick which was parried onto the crossbar (three decent saves by their goalkeeper).

Calamitous header by Donowa for their equaliser.

We certainly improved once Parkinson had withdrawn Angus, both defensively and as an attacking threat.

Credit to Baines, yet again, for two extremely timely defensive blocks during the first half.

In his post-match excitement at a third consecutive victory, Parkinson completely forgot about our pivotal three wins in eight days against Woking, Barnet and Solihull Moors last February!

The last three results have been both splendid and rewarding, but the squad is certainly looking ominously threadbare once again.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 09:28:28 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2023, 09:03:29 PM »

Scored a great opener then sat back and let Oxford attack us. Second half started the same, only this time they drew level, Banks came on for Angus then we started to play a more attack minded game. We deservedly regained the lead after 80 mins and deserved the win.

CCC put a good shift in especially dropping back and helping defensively.

Great turnout by the Alty faithful, who sang their hearts out.

Well done to all concerned, see you Tuesday when Aldershot come a calling.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2023, 09:44:24 PM »

Not a great game.
Scored, then we sat back, should have gone for a second early.
Amaluzor could be so much better, needs to improve his decision making.
Donowa wasn't great at RB, but would still keep him there. Bad header for their goal.
Now need another pacey no.9, until Linney comes back. Thought Angus brought nothing.
Baines, again, did many blocks.
CCC, as in most games, stepped up in the second half.
Top result but would like us to get at teams away, for more of the 90.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2023, 09:50:38 PM »

Three points on the road, I expected the win but not that performance. I doubt we'll come away with anything from Gateshead if we play like that again.I

On a positive note there was plenty of hard work put in and we started to fire in the last 15 minutes where we could have had two more goals.

Aldershot next, let's keep the wins coming.

Get in.

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2023, 10:01:05 PM »

Masterclass from Parky - With the entire National league watching us, he disguised our normal style and allowed our enemies (other teams) learn absolutely nothing about us. This won’t be the display on show come Tuesday - Tremendous

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2023, 10:19:34 PM »

Strange game.

We were awful for some periods of the match, but could still have won it more comfortably via those two late chances for Newby and Amaluzor respectively, plus that deflected Newby free kick which was parried onto the crossbar (three decent saves by their goalkeeper).

Calamitous header by Donowa for their equaliser.

We certainly improved once Parkinson had withdrawn Angus, both defensively and as an attacking threat.

Credit to Baines, yet again, for two extremely timely defensive blocks during the first half.

In his post-match excitement at a third consecutive victory, Parkinson completely forgot about our pivotal three wins in eight days against Woking, Barnet and Solihull Moors last February!

The last three results have been both splendid and rewarding, but the squad is certainly looking ominously threadbare once again.

Good take. We basically turned up for the first 15 minute & then the last 25 or so as part time Oxfords fitness levels visibly dropped. On balance of chances 2-1 to us about right although if Oxford had managed a point we couldn’t have really complained. I thought they were a much better side then Maidenhead mind. Incredible achievement for a side with their support to even be in the Conference so good luck to them.

The injury situation is concerning though, so light on midfield & attacking reinforcements & so many matches coming up. The XI who started today we really need to wrap them in cotton wool between matches.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2023, 11:39:33 PM »

It was quite apparent that the surface didn't suit us, hopefully we don't have to play on it too often, if at all this season.

Cannot agree too wholeheartedly with the criticism of Angus but that's a matter of opinion.

Still worrying that it takes us so long to get started in the 2nd half, yet again.

Any ideas why this keeps happening to us?
I've heard a potential reason both last season and this but,for now won't share

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2023, 09:06:43 AM »

Can we not consider Dior Angus as more of a wing option? I thought he was equally adept out wide with his work rate and team ethic - I'd definitely push to get another centre forward in.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2023, 09:17:13 AM »

It was quite apparent that the surface didn't suit us, hopefully we don't have to play on it too often, if at all this season.

Cannot agree too wholeheartedly with the criticism of Angus but that's a matter of opinion.

Still worrying that it takes us so long to get started in the 2nd half, yet again.

Any ideas why this keeps happening to us?
I've heard a potential reason both last season and this but,for now won't share

If you have heard a potential reason, why mention it if you don’t want to share it.

Stuartalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2023, 09:52:04 AM »

It is called keeping your cards close to your chest. Not giving the opposition information for which they could gain an advantage. Putting it up on this platform, and the whole world will know about it in a short time.

For me as a fan, I thank AltyTunnalSteward for letting us all know that there is a reason. That is all I need to know. Have believe. 

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2023, 07:23:24 PM »

Oxford recorded a number of 81 Alty fans looked and sounded double that.
Laugh of the day went to the three 12 years in the second half itching for a fight
With some of the Alty fans,one lad approached them and they ran off.
Not our best performance but like the Maidenhead game if you win when not
Playing well then that is a sign of a strong team.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2023, 09:36:56 PM »

It is called keeping your cards close to your chest. Not giving the opposition information for which they could gain an advantage. Putting it up on this platform, and the whole world will know about it in a short time.

For me as a fan, I thank AltyTunnalSteward for letting us all know that there is a reason. That is all I need to know. Have believe.

Have believe in what..

Stuartalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2023, 07:50:12 AM »

The system

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2023, 08:12:48 AM »

I wasn’t aware that ATS was part of the system.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Oxford city match thread