+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CCC

Author Topic: CCC  (Read 3840 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
CCC
« on: September 26, 2023, 10:47:57 PM »

Brought a friend against Ebbsfleet....he said the close ball control and footwork etc of Chris was worth the entrance fee alone.
No idea how long his contract lasts, but this young player could have a big future in the FL.
I am sure many players now realise the Parky / Sorvs influence is the way to better things....many examples.

Conversely, Dinanga who did not fit, looks to be having a stormer
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: CCC
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2023, 12:21:40 AM »

Dinanga was never used properly or given a chance by Management unfortunately.

Odd that we are the only place where he's not been prolific??

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2023, 08:10:32 AM »

He didn't score many at Stevenage, but that doesn't necessarily invalidate your point.

Fair play to him for taking his opportunity at Gateshead, they look like a force to be reckoned with this season.
Come on Alty!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2023, 08:38:08 AM »

Good luck to the lad, but he wasn’t a good fit for our style of play when he was at Moss Lane.   

Just for the record I’m happy with what we have currently and have no desire to see him back here.

Also, I don’t agree that he wasn’t given a chance, he had plenty of opportunities to show what he could offer to the club.

He’s gone, Move on. We are in a better place these days.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2023, 09:50:33 AM »

I guess we'll probably do Dinanga to death while he continues to do well. He divided opinion but there was definitely a 'middle ground' of supporters that felt he'd probably do well elsewhere. When the chance came to bank a fee, it was correct for all parties for him to go.

The lone striker role has always been the achilles heel of Parky's classic 4231 system. It's a tough role to play and you had to have real strength of character to make it work. Marcus has more ability than Jordan, but we all know which lad suited us better.

Sometimes it just doesn't work. There are many more examples of players igniting here when they haven't elsewhere, than the other way round.

I agree he had plenty of opportunity here.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2023, 10:09:41 AM »

The issue with Dinanga for Alty was our expectation of him in our system. At Gateshead he doesn't move wider than either post and rather than being expected to drop deep like Parky wants he has to hold a higher line for Gateshead.

I'm of the opinion that Mike Williamson might be the best manager in the league.

On to CCC I nearly posted a week or so ago that CCC was starting to give me the Keith Russell stink. I'm glad I didn't because he's been ace since. Parky's method of pivoting through the 10 on attack needs him to be on it for the full 90 mins which is always a tough ask.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2023, 10:35:51 AM »

Hopefully CCC wil be with us for a while  as good a player as he is, he probably wouldnt fit in some clubs playing  style  higher  up the pyramid. Technically he is easily football league standard

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2023, 10:40:25 AM »

I guess we'll probably do Dinanga to death while he continues to do well. He divided opinion but there was definitely a 'middle ground' of supporters that felt he'd probably do well elsewhere. When the chance came to bank a fee, it was correct for all parties for him to go.

The lone striker role has always been the achilles heel of Parky's classic 4231 system. It's a tough role to play and you had to have real strength of character to make it work. Marcus has more ability than Jordan, but we all know which lad suited us better.

Sometimes it just doesn't work. There are many more examples of players igniting here when they haven't elsewhere, than the other way round.

I agree he had plenty of opportunity here.
Spot on sir
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2023, 12:20:52 PM »

MarpleAlty hits the nail firmly on the head in his above response.

Dinanga made 33 (+14 as sub) appearances during his tenure at Alty, so I'm not quite sure how you can say that the management team didn't give him plenty of opportunities. If anything, they were extremely loyal to him when things just weren't working out.

He certainly wasn't even remotely prolific during his respective spells with Hartlepool, Chesterfield and Stevenage.

He didn't suit our system. He manifestly fits well with the one played at Gateshead.

Now, I wonder whether we negotiated a sell-on clause when we sold him to Gateshead...?! 
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2023, 12:34:56 PM »

Maybe I'm misremembering but Dinanga had lots of scoring opportunities at Altrincham and kept missing them. Maybe it he'd put them away management and fans wouldn't have lost faith in him.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2023, 12:54:45 PM »

Maybe I'm misremembering but Dinanga had lots of scoring opportunities at Altrincham and kept missing them. Maybe it he'd put them away management and fans wouldn't have lost faith in him.

I think that's the thing to remember. He played a lot and missed a lot. Was it a confidence thing? I don't know. What I do know is I wouldn't swap him for any of the current squad. He just didn't do what we needed him to do for us.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2023, 01:15:29 PM »

The word that springs to mind with Marcus is exasperation 😞

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2023, 04:26:59 PM »

MarpleAlty hits the nail firmly on the head in his above response.

Dinanga made 33 (+14 as sub) appearances during his tenure at Alty, so I'm not quite sure how you can say that the management team didn't give him plenty of opportunities. If anything, they were extremely loyal to him when things just weren't working out.

He certainly wasn't even remotely prolific during his respective spells with Hartlepool, Chesterfield and Stevenage.

He didn't suit our system. He manifestly fits well with the one played at Gateshead.

Now, I wonder whether we negotiated a sell-on clause when we sold him to Gateshead...?!

Summed up beautifully by, "He didn't suit our system."

I genuinely wish the lad well. He's obviously got talent, but he just didn't fit in with us. We've had plenty of players who suited our style of play and then faded when they joined another club. It happens.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CCC