PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Maidenhead Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Maidenhead Match Thread  (Read 10251 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Maidenhead Match Thread
« on: September 24, 2023, 09:53:10 AM »

What I really liked about Parky in previous seasons, is that he just played every game with his best 11 and formation. Now he talks about adapting to teams, he said it again after yesterday and that is a worry.
It is so clear we are much better with an attacking front 4. We can be a playoff team.
When we have become defensive, wingbacks etc we have conceded quite a few goals and look disorganised.
Keep attacking teams, let them worry about us. We beat the best team in the division, Chesterfield, playing that way for the entire 90 mins.

Ross

Donowa     Cooper/Roscoe    Baines     E.Jones

Osborne       Marriott

Amaluzor                CCC                 Newby

Sithole

I would start Sithole for the higher press. The above team has loads of pace and would destroy opposition on the counter.

Really believe Donawa can be that RB we have missed since Senior. He is actually decent at defending, bags of pace and overlaps, which Banks doesn't do. Him and Amaluzor on one side is frightening.

Concern is Osborne picked up a knock and J Jones has to start. Really short in CM.

Hopefully we continue to be positive.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 09:54:59 AM by oneedham »

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Maidenhead Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2023, 03:19:21 PM »

That's the team I'd like to see start at Maidenhead for sure.

PS. Got an NLP at WHS on the motorway services. Back home and reading it very smugly at the moment 😂 😂
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2023, 03:45:24 PM »

Maidenhead have done v well to swim against the tide as a part time team at this level but I think this could be the season where their luck finally runs out. Really need to follow Ebbsfleet with 4/6 from the next two as both sides will be near the bottom come April. Attacking them from the off & getting on the front front will be key, against an opponent low on confidence.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 03:52:02 PM by Sarf London Alty »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2023, 03:59:43 PM »

I swear to God, if Parky p1sses about with it and doesn't just go with the same system... I'm so anxious my heart will sink when I see the lineup.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2023, 04:28:45 PM »

I swear to God, if Parky p1sses about with it and doesn't just go with the same system... I'm so anxious my heart will sink when I see the lineup.

Don't worry Marple 👍. In Parky we trust! Same team for the next two barring injuries and easing Sithole into it is the way forward. He must know that.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2023, 08:38:41 AM »

Just out of interest, why would people drop Dior Angus?

He's building a good understanding with those around him and contributed heavily to a lot of the good moments on Saturday. Why change it?

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2023, 09:37:35 AM »

What I really liked about Parky in previous seasons, is that he just played every game with his best 11 and formation. Now he talks about adapting to teams, he said it again after yesterday and that is a worry.
It is so clear we are much better with an attacking front 4. We can be a playoff team.
When we have become defensive, wingbacks etc we have conceded quite a few goals and look disorganised.
Keep attacking teams, let them worry about us. We beat the best team in the division, Chesterfield, playing that way for the entire 90 mins.

Ross

Donowa     Cooper/Roscoe    Baines     E.Jones

Osborne       Marriott

Amaluzor                CCC                 Newby

Sithole

I would start Sithole for the higher press. The above team has loads of pace and would destroy opposition on the counter.

Really believe Donawa can be that RB we have missed since Senior. He is actually decent at defending, bags of pace and overlaps, which Banks doesn't do. Him and Amaluzor on one side is frightening.

Concern is Osborne picked up a knock and J Jones has to start. Really short in CM.

Hopefully we continue to be positive.

Completely agree with your point about Osbourne and Jo.Jones. He is not good enough to even be on the bench. Has too many errors in him and way off the pace. Not a Alty player. Banks is in a similar position for me and should warm the bench for Donawa this season.

Keep this 11 fit and bring in Linney/Kossy and playoffs here we come.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2023, 09:43:19 AM »

I go with the team in the op.

Dont dislike Dior but hes not 'a back to goal' type of striker.

Maidenhead 0-2 Alty (Con-Clarke, Amaluzor)
Full time and proud of it

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2023, 11:15:39 AM »

For me, why change a winning team.

Barring injuries/fatigue, same starting 11 for me.

Come on Alty

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2023, 11:26:12 AM »

Come on Alty

My view too although would work on seeing what Sithole can do with his supposed pace.
Maidenhead are pretty good defensively and someone else fast on the break might be useful.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2023, 11:59:54 AM »

Come on Alty

My view too although would work on seeing what Sithole can do with his supposed pace.
Maidenhead are pretty good defensively and someone else fast on the break might be useful.
Sithole has been out for 8 months with Meniscus injury, I would utilise as a substitute initially. Interesting, he was about to come on on Saturday, but at last minute Parky swapped to Roscoe. We'll find out tomorrow night..

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2023, 12:21:51 PM »

Sithole will be introduced with sub appearances - no idea why people suggest he starts over Dior Angus at this point - especially given I doubt many on this forum have watched him play.

Almost as bizarre as the suggestion that Regan be dropped after his 1-game goal drought v Dagenham.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2023, 01:06:22 PM »

No need to discuss dropping Regan. Going by what's on another thread, he looks likely to be out until the new year! 🙄

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2023, 01:12:32 PM »

Come on Alty
Whilst they've actually conceded less goals than we have (15 from 11 games) they clearly have problems up front, since they've got the second worst strike rate in the league with only 7 goals scored. If we keep it tight at the back I can see us not having too many problems.

Maidenhead 0-1 Alty (Donawa)

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2023, 01:50:39 PM »

Come on Alty
Whilst they've actually conceded less goals than we have (15 from 11 games) they clearly have problems up front, since they've got the second worst strike rate in the league with only 7 goals scored. If we keep it tight at the back I can see us not having too many problems.

Maidenhead 0-1 Alty (Donawa)
Very much agree with this now the league appears to be taking some kind of shape after the raft of topsy turvy results . Away wins are still never easy so that scoreline will do very nicely thank you 👍
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Maidenhead Match Thread