PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Beer for away fans
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Beer for away fans  (Read 6503 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Beer for away fans
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2023, 03:41:13 PM »

20 mins : let me guess.....of the 8 staff; one cleaning coffee machine, one polishing wine glasses, two in the back, one sorting menus, manager pacing bar area and two serving people at the bar in any random order. Tables stacked high with dirty plates and glasses. It winds me up, but is the price of cheap drinks  ;D

Sounds like the fanzone at half time! 😄😄😄😄
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2023, 10:27:22 PM »

Went in fan zone for the first time on Tues....thought it was very good.
Boozing outside is not my cup of tea (unless 28 degrees plus)....but fair play, enjoyable and really hope fans will take to it
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2023, 12:35:33 AM »

To be fair I've not had much of a problem trying to get served anywhere. My worst spoons is Northampton concrete bunker.

Good ones include Folkestone chapel and Stafford picturehouse. Even Northwich sorting office isn't bad.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2023, 06:48:19 AM »

To be fair I've not had much of a problem trying to get served anywhere.
Even Northwich sorting office isn't bad.

I once had the misfortune to work there, not be it known, since it became a 'Spoons, but way back in the days when it was still a Post Office.  I usually worked elsewhere but got sent there for a few days to help them out because they were short staffed. You could see the turnstiles at Witton Albion through a gap between the buildings across the street.

I should mention at this juncture that there was also a lad from Liverpool there who had also been sent 'to help out' but it became very evident before we had even started that it would be a miracle if he managed to get through the day without offending the locals.  It was a Monday morning and very busy for the first half an hour or so, until eventually, the office was completely empty, whereupon, a Clergyman (wearing his dog collar and black cassock) entered stage left and made a bee-line for the Scouser who was closest in his line of sight. He then placed an envelope on the scales and...

Clergyman: "Can I send this letter first class and will it arrive tomorrow?"

Scouser: (Places hands together and closes eyes as in prayer) "Let us all pray together that our gracious God speeds well the passage of this holy message and for Cherubims and Seraphims to rejoice upon deliverance to... errrmmm... Bootle "

Clergyman: "I beg your pardon"

Scouser: "...and some fell on stoney ground"

10 minutes later, another customer, an OAP who wants to buy a Dog Licence.

OAP: "I would like to buy a licence for my dog please"

Scouser: "Is it a coloured or a black and white dog?"

A few moments later...

Scouser: "Name please"

OAP: "Rex"

Scouser: "Not the dog's name, your name"

OAP: "That IS my name!"

No Customer Charters or Mission and Vision Statements in the 1970s. Ahhh... the bad old good old days.

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Beer for away fans