PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hartlepool Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Hartlepool Match Thread  (Read 11264 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Hartlepool Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2023, 11:33:03 PM »

Having read Askey's comments about his team's failings with high balls into the box, it's essential that we produce plenty of them. I fancy a 2-2 draw (might just have a tickle with Paddy Power).

Should have put more on! But £2 at 12-1 made it worthwhile 😁

Good shout Phil.

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2023, 12:29:11 AM »

Rotating the team so early in the season to speculatively avoid some sort of burnout further down the line has clearly backfired as half of our squad are taking enforced breaks anyway - I can't help but feel we should have another point or two on the board.

Surely the whole idea of 'using your squad' is using your subs earlier - not starting a different XI every game? Surely it's not just me?

Anyway, on to tomorrow night and I guess the team picks itself anyway. Would be good to have a couple of new faces in - I see Cody Johnson at Stockport isn't featuring, having his loan to Rochdale pulled after about five minutes (classic). Could be an option there maybe.

I agree… too much tinkering and late subs, as well as the use of wrong subs at the wrong time has cost us points… However, I’m not so sure the team picks itself tomorrow, it hasn’t done all season so not sure why you think tomorrow will be any different?

...because I can't see anyone from Saturday's bench pushing for a starting spot, nobody else has returned, and nobody else has been signed.

I can see him messing with the defence again and maybe moving players around in a different shape, possibly bringing in Roscoe & Jones… we shall see!

I don’t want to say I told you so… but…

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2023, 07:55:36 AM »

Disagree that they were there for the taking. I think they looked very dangerous going forward, quick passing, moved well and exploited the space very effectively. I think we would’ve been overrun if we’d gone to a more attacking formation. As it was, we took our goals nicely but succumbed to some very well worked attacking play.

Neither side looked particularly formidable in defence and that showed but I’m far from disappointed at picking up a point against Hartlepool, who are in the playoffs, with the injuries we have.

A Draw was a fair result for me. Again, if the aim for the season is to finish in the top half we’re going along nicely. Experiencing a dip in form but still picking up points is a significant step in the right direction in my opinion.

They were, when we attacked, we created chances at most opportunities.

They let us worry about them, but at home we should be attacking them. They were really poor at the back and it should have been exploited.

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2023, 08:33:17 AM »

If Linney, Kossy and Justin start that game and Jones along side Baines (who had a good game last night), we win that game by at least a two goal margin. I thought they were a poor side. I was worried pre-match when I saw the team sheet. Most probably the worst lineup on paper in my Alty memory. Good to see Kricky turn up for a kick about and Ross done well again in net. Need reinforcements for Saturday as I think Ebbsfleet will be a stronger cohesive unit for us to overcome.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2023, 09:15:56 AM »

If Linney, Kossy and Justin start that game and Jones along side Baines (who had a good game last night), we win that game by at least a two goal margin. I thought they were a poor side. I was worried pre-match when I saw the team sheet. Most probably the worst lineup on paper in my Alty memory. Good to see Kricky turn up for a kick about and Ross done well again in net. Need reinforcements for Saturday as I think Ebbsfleet will be a stronger cohesive unit for us to overcome.

"Most probably the worst lineup on paper in my Alty memory".

Really?! You must have the memory of a goldfish or journalist!

It was a bit of an odd game, draw probably about fair. Parky had to make the changes given all the injuries and previous game only on Saturday. Good to see CCC getting behind the defence again and Ethan Ross decent in goal again, also their keeper made a couple of good saves, so it could have gone either way.

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2023, 09:32:55 AM »

It was a bit of an odd game, draw probably about fair. Parky had to make the changes given all the injuries and previous game only on Saturday. Good to see CCC getting behind the defence again and Ethan Ross decent in goal again, also their keeper made a couple of good saves, so it could have gone either way.

Let me know the last time we set up with 8 defensive players in the starting lineup… Not a journo or a Goldfish as you so elegantly put it, just a realist!

Just to add I didn’t say worst players, I said line up!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2023, 02:44:23 PM »

Let me know the last time we set up with 8 defensive players in the starting lineup… Not a journo or a Goldfish as you so elegantly put it, just a realist!

Just to add I didn’t say worst players, I said line up!

Correct. Easily the worst line-up under Parky and Neil.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2023, 04:34:41 PM »

Just watched the highlights. Poor goals to concede.
Who out of the 3 CBs and 3CMs was marking the guy, who slipped the ball in for their second goal...?
And Joey Jones was as bad as I thought he was last night.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2023, 04:58:03 PM »

Cannot even watch Parky's video or the match highlights, getting video unavailable on my laptop and phone.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2023, 05:50:39 PM »

So it's looking like 7-3 to us tonight then? 😎 😄😄

Would take that  ;D ;D ;D
Is that the water polo prediction .

Last time I played water polo my horse drowned!
Was expecting that , fair play 😀

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2023, 06:17:04 PM »

Cannot even watch Parky's video or the match highlights, getting video unavailable on my laptop and phone.

Is that a bad thing? 🤔🙄
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2023, 06:49:11 PM »

I received the following message from a Hartlepool supporter this morning:

"We've now played 27 games since our last clean sheet at Doncaster in February, and we're closing in on our club record of 31, set in the 1927/28 season when the change in the offside law led to a nationwide glut of goals."

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2023, 06:59:51 PM »

I received the following message from a Hartlepool supporter this morning:

"We've now played 27 games since our last clean sheet at Doncaster in February, and we're closing in on our club record of 31, set in the 1927/28 season when the change in the offside law led to a nationwide glut of goals."

If it hadn't been for the Wealdstone game we'd surely have beaten that wouldn't we? 🤔🙄😄
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2023, 09:04:11 AM »

If it hadn't been for the Wealdstone game we'd surely have beaten that wouldn't we? 🤔🙄😄
Surprisingly we’d only gone 16 without a clean sheet since a 1-0 vs Southend on March 25th.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2023, 11:45:49 AM »

Surprisingly we’d only gone 16 without a clean sheet since a 1-0 vs Southend on March 25th.

Thanks for that Frankie. Who says we won't make the play offs?! 😄👍
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hartlepool Match Thread