PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hartlepool Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hartlepool Match Thread  (Read 11326 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Hartlepool Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2023, 09:08:54 AM »

Think unless a loan signing(s), and any injuries, will have to be same starting 11.

Apparently they have  a leaky defence like ours, lets hope we exploit that tonight.

COYR

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2023, 11:38:30 AM »

So it's looking like 7-3 to us tonight then? 😎 😄😄
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2023, 12:35:42 PM »

Rotating the team so early in the season to speculatively avoid some sort of burnout further down the line has clearly backfired as half of our squad are taking enforced breaks anyway - I can't help but feel we should have another point or two on the board.

Surely the whole idea of 'using your squad' is using your subs earlier - not starting a different XI every game? Surely it's not just me?

Anyway, on to tomorrow night and I guess the team picks itself anyway. Would be good to have a couple of new faces in - I see Cody Johnson at Stockport isn't featuring, having his loan to Rochdale pulled after about five minutes (classic). Could be an option there maybe.

I agree… too much tinkering and late subs, as well as the use of wrong subs at the wrong time has cost us points… However, I’m not so sure the team picks itself tomorrow, it hasn’t done all season so not sure why you think tomorrow will be any different?

...because I can't see anyone from Saturday's bench pushing for a starting spot, nobody else has returned, and nobody else has been signed.

I can see him messing with the defence again and maybe moving players around in a different shape, possibly bringing in Roscoe & Jones… we shall see!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2023, 12:47:34 PM »

Sincerely hope you're wrong. 🤞
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2023, 01:46:17 PM »

Would take that  ;D ;D ;D

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2023, 04:33:08 PM »

Is that the water polo prediction .

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2023, 04:33:45 PM »

You could be half right - just not in a good way 🙄

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2023, 04:44:41 PM »

You could be half right - just not in a good way 🙄
6-3 you mean 🤔🇦🇹

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2023, 08:23:46 PM »

Is that the water polo prediction .

Last time I played water polo my horse drowned!

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2023, 08:53:21 PM »

Lewis Baines goal was superb! 2-1 at HT. Let's hope we can go the distance. Good to see CCC looking like he's back on form - he's panicking their defenders and drew the free kick that led to the second goal.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2023, 10:08:30 PM »

Hanging on at home, against a poor team is a piss take and frustrating to watch.
Parky this year is overthinking tactics. Did he not see that we were getting pinned back and should have changed the formation around 65/70 mins.
I thought we started 5 defenders and 3 CMs  to then to revert to a front 4 or at least a 3 for the last 30 or so, but we stayed with wingbacks and just hoped we could slip Amaluzor in.
Awful tactics, their defenders and midfielders were running forward metres, unchallenged, in the channels and we sat back.
They were not great at the back, you saw from the run down the line that Donawa made and set up that we should have gone to our favoured system.
Not good enough.
Joey Jones is poor, way off the pace, really don't see him as an Alty player.
How he stayed on that pitch for 90mins I do not know.
Another two points dropped. Playing that system has now resulted in 4 goals conceded in 2 games. Same system as when we went to York, but luckily we finished with wingers and Kossy saved a point.
I can't be arsed watching us sit back against average teams at home. Give it a bloody go, they were for the taking.
Get some loans in.
I amazed how Parky watched that and didn't change it.
Thank god Ethan Ross is decent and doesn't spill shots, could have easily lost that game.
Get back to two wide players, no.10 and number 9.
Angus was poor, losing Linney is killing us. He would have terrorised their defence tonight.
Need to be loaning a wide player, who has goals in him and number 9 until Christmas.
Glad Baines is back playing.
Season could easily fizzle out unless we get some more attackers in.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 08:12:12 AM by oneedham »

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2023, 10:41:32 PM »

Disagree that they were there for the taking. I think they looked very dangerous going forward, quick passing, moved well and exploited the space very effectively. I think we would’ve been overrun if we’d gone to a more attacking formation. As it was, we took our goals nicely but succumbed to some very well worked attacking play.

Neither side looked particularly formidable in defence and that showed but I’m far from disappointed at picking up a point against Hartlepool, who are in the playoffs, with the injuries we have.

A Draw was a fair result for me. Again, if the aim for the season is to finish in the top half we’re going along nicely. Experiencing a dip in form but still picking up points is a significant step in the right direction in my opinion.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2023, 10:47:35 PM »

Just about a fair result, although we did the better chances.

Con-Clarke was back to something like but Angus was poor, nothing stuck.

Their 18 should have been targeted more.

Full time and proud of it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2023, 11:21:14 PM »

Hanging on at home, against a poor team is a piss take and frustrating to watch.
Parky this year is overthinking tactics. Did he not see that we were getting pinned back and should have changed the formation around 65/70 mins.
I thought we started 5 CBs and 3 CMs  to then to revert to a front 4 or at least a 3 for the last 30 or so, but we stayed with wingbacks and just hoped we could slip Amaluzor in.
Awful tactics, their defenders and midfielders were running forward metres, unchallenged, in the channels and we sat back.
They were not great at the back, you saw from the run down the line that Donawa made and set up that we should have gone to our favoured system.
Not good enough.
Joey Jones is poor, way off the pace, really don't see him as an Alty player.
How he stayed on that pitch for 90mins I do not know.
Another two points dropped. Playing that system has now resulted in 4 goals conceded in 2 games. Same system as when we went to York, but luckily we finished with wingers and Kossy saved a point.
I can't be arsed watching us sit back against average teams at home. Give it a bloody go, they were for the taking.
Get some loans in.
I amazed how Parky watched that and didn't change it.
Thank god Ethan Ross is decent and doesn't spill shots, could have easily lost that game.
Get back to two wide players, no.10 and number 9.
Angus was poor, losing Linney is killing us. He would have terrorised their defence tonight.
Need to be loaning a wide player, who has goals in him and number 9 until Christmas.
Glad Baines is back playing.
Season could easily fizzle out unless we get some more attackers in.

In fairness to Parky. He did say getting  a loan in that is ready to roll won’t be easy.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2023, 11:25:15 PM »

Having read Askey's comments about his team's failings with high balls into the box, it's essential that we produce plenty of them. I fancy a 2-2 draw (might just have a tickle with Paddy Power).

Should have put more on! But £2 at 12-1 made it worthwhile 😁
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hartlepool Match Thread