PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hartlepool Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Hartlepool Match Thread  (Read 11267 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Hartlepool Match Thread
« on: September 17, 2023, 11:57:45 AM »

Same starting 11, same result as saturday.

First sub on 86min
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Hartlepool Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2023, 12:00:50 PM »

I, unusually for me, am somehow confident of a scrappy three points here - certainly more confident than for the Ebbsfleet game next Saturday.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2023, 01:35:44 PM »

I, unusually for me, am somehow confident of a scrappy three points here - certainly more confident than for the Ebbsfleet game next Saturday.

Think it may be a struggle to win as the forward options are limited at the moment.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2023, 02:28:16 PM »

We will definitely struggle if we play anything like yesterday. We offered absolutely nothing going forward and only came away with a point due to their inadequate finishing

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2023, 07:08:50 PM »

2 1  Alty win.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2023, 07:16:45 PM »

Having read Askey's comments about his team's failings with high balls into the box, it's essential that we produce plenty of them. I fancy a 2-2 draw (might just have a tickle with Paddy Power).

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2023, 07:21:01 PM »

Keep the same back four. I like the way Ethan talks to our back four and keeps them on their toes

I would be Happy with another point v Hartlepool

Sadly we can’t make the game.

Would be nice to see Kossy back if fit..

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2023, 09:44:11 PM »

Keep the same back four. I like the way Ethan talks to our back four and keeps them on their toes

I would be Happy with another point v Hartlepool

Sadly we can’t make the game.

Would be nice to see Kossy back if fit..

Kosylo is out injured for 2 to 3 weeks.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2023, 09:54:29 AM »

Rotating the team so early in the season to speculatively avoid some sort of burnout further down the line has clearly backfired as half of our squad are taking enforced breaks anyway - I can't help but feel we should have another point or two on the board.

Surely the whole idea of 'using your squad' is using your subs earlier - not starting a different XI every game? Surely it's not just me?

Anyway, on to tomorrow night and I guess the team picks itself anyway. Would be good to have a couple of new faces in - I see Cody Johnson at Stockport isn't featuring, having his loan to Rochdale pulled after about five minutes (classic). Could be an option there maybe.

erimus

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2023, 05:57:38 PM »

After stating that there was no way we’d keep a clean sheet against Wealdstone I’ll go out on a limb and say that we won’t do that against Hartlepool, nor will we score 2 goals.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2023, 06:09:34 PM »

Interesting that the match previewer for the Hartlepool game on the official club website seems to be under the misapprehension that Tom Jones made his debut at Wealdstone!

"Young prospect Tom Jones, stepping in for the injured Matty Kosylo, emerged as a particular bright spot in a match where clear-cut attacking opportunities were sparse for both sides."

I look forward to seeing what he can do on the green, green grass of home.

https://altrinchamfc.com/blogs/news/hartlepool-under-the-lights-next-up-for-alty-heres-your-match-preview
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2023, 07:04:29 PM »

Interesting that the match previewer for the Hartlepool game on the official club website seems to be under the misapprehension that Tom Jones made his debut at Wealdstone!

"Young prospect Tom Jones, stepping in for the injured Matty Kosylo, emerged as a particular bright spot in a match where clear-cut attacking opportunities were sparse for both sides."

I look forward to seeing what he can do on the green, green grass of home.

My, my, my, I guess that it's not unusual for them to get mixed up given the number of Jones' that we have in the team.

https://altrinchamfc.com/blogs/news/hartlepool-under-the-lights-next-up-for-alty-heres-your-match-preview

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2023, 07:05:18 PM »

Rotating the team so early in the season to speculatively avoid some sort of burnout further down the line has clearly backfired as half of our squad are taking enforced breaks anyway - I can't help but feel we should have another point or two on the board.

Surely the whole idea of 'using your squad' is using your subs earlier - not starting a different XI every game? Surely it's not just me?

Anyway, on to tomorrow night and I guess the team picks itself anyway. Would be good to have a couple of new faces in - I see Cody Johnson at Stockport isn't featuring, having his loan to Rochdale pulled after about five minutes (classic). Could be an option there maybe.

I agree… too much tinkering and late subs, as well as the use of wrong subs at the wrong time has cost us points… However, I’m not so sure the team picks itself tomorrow, it hasn’t done all season so not sure why you think tomorrow will be any different?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2023, 07:20:57 PM »

I think what he means is that given the number of players out, there are very few options left?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2023, 08:22:48 AM »

I agree… too much tinkering and late subs, as well as the use of wrong subs at the wrong time has cost us points… However, I’m not so sure the team picks itself tomorrow, it hasn’t done all season so not sure why you think tomorrow will be any different?

...because I can't see anyone from Saturday's bench pushing for a starting spot, nobody else has returned, and nobody else has been signed.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hartlepool Match Thread