News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Injuries

Author Topic: Injuries  (Read 4629 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Injuries
« on: September 13, 2023, 11:56:28 AM »

We have terrible luck with injuries. Gutted.
Linney and Crankshaw are massive losses.
We will need to replace both, or we will drop off.
Angus is good but we need someone more busy and direct.
I am happy with Amaluzor as a starter, but now we are another winger short.
CM needs strengthening, Joey Jones is a big worry.
Will be unexpected cost but will need to get some quality in, otherwise the season will become just an average one, or worst, relegation fight.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 12:01:49 PM by oneedham »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Injuries
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2023, 12:03:59 PM »

Crikey, Crankshaw is out for the season?! - unbelievable.

I'm sure we'll be dipping back into the loan market quite a bit this season.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2023, 01:54:53 PM »

Good God we're cursed I'm sure.

No mention of Baines, which actually concerns me almost as much as the ACLs made of glass we fit at time of signing.

Good job there are always loans - https://youtu.be/l1FKE_U61Ys?si=nQCuPQfWE6yIJiV1&t=7

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2023, 03:54:04 PM »

Awful news if Crankshaw out

Assume he had a medical before signing ???
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2023, 04:18:21 PM »

Awful news if Crankshaw out

Assume he had a medical before signing ???

Taking our signing of medically suspect players to a new level perhaps.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2023, 05:38:14 PM »

Not looking good at the moment. I hope a couple of loanees are on the horizon.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2023, 06:29:25 PM »

I did get a slightly barbed response from my County supporting friend when I mentioned that we had signed Ollie Crankshaw. "He used to be a good player until he was injured and was never the same afterwards," but he wished both "Alti" (whoever they are) and the player good luck and thought he would fit our style of play.

I have to say it did cross my mind that we could have signed a crock when I read this Sale Holmfield. 

Additionally, during the short period of time that he has had on the field he has not looked match fit or really threatened to make any impact IMHO.  He has looked frail to me (as if he could do with a good square meal) and I am not surprised about what has happened, just upset that the same old, same old injury problems that annually beset us are looming large again.

I am trying to keep up a positive vibe so perhaps now is not the time to remark that CCC appears to be out of sorts.  Does anyone agree?

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2023, 06:36:11 PM »

I hope we are insured
Bernard Taylors barmy army

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2023, 07:28:03 PM »

We will never perform like a well oiled engine with a faulty Crankshawft .🤨

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2023, 07:48:21 PM »

We will never perform like a well oiled engine with a faulty Crankshawft .🤨

Known you for over half a century and still waiting for the jokes to improve mate! 😉 😂😂
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2023, 08:11:20 PM »

I know mate but i'm suffering from an early season humerus less condition caused by current Alty woes 😞

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2023, 08:34:02 PM »

Well give it the elbow and get back to your glass-half-full disposition pronto! 😉
Come on you Supers 👍 🇦🇹 🏆

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2023, 09:57:49 PM »

I did get a slightly barbed response from my County supporting friend when I mentioned that we had signed Ollie Crankshaw. "He used to be a good player until he was injured and was never the same afterwards," but he wished both "Alti" (whoever they are) and the player good luck and thought he would fit our style of play.

I have to say it did cross my mind that we could have signed a crock when I read this Sale Holmfield. 

Additionally, during the short period of time that he has had on the field he has not looked match fit or really threatened to make any impact IMHO.  He has looked frail to me (as if he could do with a good square meal) and I am not surprised about what has happened, just upset that the same old, same old injury problems that annually beset us are looming large again.

I am trying to keep up a positive vibe so perhaps now is not the time to remark that CCC appears to be out of sorts.  Does anyone agree?

I have not had the heart to mention the time out due to  Ollie's injury today, but I saw my friend yesterday who asked how the two new signings were doing. I replied that Ethan Rpss was great and had saved two penalties, but Ollie Crankshaw was injured. He just nodded, knowingly.

I didn't go to Barnet, but I couldn't fault Ollie Crankshaw for effort the previous week, and can't think of anyone who has worked so hard to make a good impression on his debut.

I have thought the same about CCC, but in your spirit of positivity, remember that he  was slow to get going last season, and improved dramatically as the season went on.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2023, 11:23:05 PM »

I have not had the heart to mention the time out due to  Ollie's injury today, but I saw my friend yesterday who asked how the two new signings were doing. I replied that Ethan Rpss was great and had saved two penalties, but Ollie Crankshaw was injured. He just nodded, knowingly.

I didn't go to Barnet, but I couldn't fault Ollie Crankshaw for effort the previous week, and can't think of anyone who has worked so hard to make a good impression on his debut.

I have thought the same about CCC, but in your spirit of positivity, remember that he  was slow to get going last season, and improved dramatically as the season went on.

After just watching the Bromley highlights again I am now minded to agree with your remarks about his efforts on that day. The poor referee
display overshadowed everything I remember that day... and CCC will come good I'm sure.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Injuries