Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Now that Donawa is back (and Crankshaw is injured)...

Author Topic: Now that Donawa is back (and Crankshaw is injured)...  (Read 4509 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 10, 2023, 04:01:23 PM »

...do we revert back to the 3421 system that caused a strong Stockport side issues in pre season?

On that afternoon it was:

Byrne
             Cooper  Roscoe  Baines
Donawa                                     E.Jones
                  J.Jones  Osborne
           Kosylo            Conn-Clarke
                         Linney

With our currently available personnel we could look at something along the lines of the following:

Ross
              Banks  Roscoe  Baines
Donawa                                     E.Jones
                  Marriott  Osborne
         Amaluzor            Conn-Clarke
                         Angus

If James Jones's injury is short-term, he should come in for Roscoe. He absolutely shouldn't play right of a three where he gets skinned all the time.

Against Stockport we seemed to find some really nice passing lines between the deeper midfielders and the more advanced ones, with Chris Conn-Clarke in particular benefitting from being able to drift between centre and left at his leisure.

Dior's job will become much better if we can get two willing wing backs bombing on to the byline, and I think Eddy and Justin can get up and support the advanced midfielders much more frequently than is currently the case.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 09:58:17 AM by MarpleAlty »

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Now that Donawa is back (and Crankshaw is injured)...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2023, 04:34:07 PM »

Please God, not Byrne

Roscoe wouldn’t be anywhere near my team but I agree with the rest. Baines HAS to start

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2023, 04:43:19 PM »

Please God, not Byrne

Typo surely?

Agree Baines should start. He's our most dependable CB imho.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2023, 05:48:51 PM »

Haha yeah, typo - forgot to change the GK

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2023, 11:54:47 PM »

Just seen the highlights… did anyone else see Roscoe and Jones squaring up after their goal. Things aren’t right. I agree Baines MUST start and we should stick to back 4 with Jones & Baines as our settled and preferred CB’s. We had a great start to the season and now with all the changes we just don’t seem to be a settled team and are losing matches. Are there some internal issues I wonder?

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2023, 12:59:46 AM »

Just seen the highlights… did anyone else see Roscoe and Jones squaring up after their goal. Things aren’t right. I agree Baines MUST start and we should stick to back 4 with Jones & Baines as our settled and preferred CB’s. We had a great start to the season and now with all the changes we just don’t seem to be a settled team and are losing matches. Are there some internal issues I wonder?

I missed the Roscoe/Jones spat, but Nom de Plume spotted it and commented to me. If there is any sort of problem the player(s) concerned have to be released in my opinion. We've always had a happy squad under PP and we can't risk jeopardising that.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2023, 09:59:21 AM »

I just mentioned that myself on the other (Barnet match) thread. Very concerning, I'm glad others picked that up too.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2023, 10:00:31 AM »

I missed the Roscoe/Jones spat, but Nom de Plume spotted it and commented to me. If there is any sort of problem the player(s) concerned have to be released in my opinion. We've always had a happy squad under PP and we can't risk jeopardising that.

As much as we can rush into kneejerk reactions on this forum, if either individual involved was shipped out at this point I wouldn't be sad.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2023, 11:40:31 AM »

The sight of two of our players arguing with and jostling each other after their second goal was one of the better things to come out of Saturday for me. Rather that than the usual shrug of the shoulders and trudge back to their position that we usually see.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2023, 04:59:52 PM »

The sight of two of our players arguing with and jostling each other after their second goal was one of the better things to come out of Saturday for me. Rather that than the usual shrug of the shoulders and trudge back to their position that we usually see.
This.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2023, 05:46:41 PM »

On the face of it (and without knowing any of the specifics), I agree with the last two posts. As fans, we want our players to care - it'll be sorted now and we move on.

Saying that, I'm firmly in the Jones/Baines camp as centre halves and I think we really need to stop mucking about.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2023, 11:55:51 AM »

We were beaten by Barnet comfortably but we shouldn't play 3 CB's moving forward.
Linney is a bigger loss than people may realise and I think we need to loan a similar striker, until he is back.
I personally think Amaluzor would be more comfortable out left, go on the outside of players , he dwells too much on his weaker side.
Play Donawa down the right.
I am not sure Banks is good enough. Maybe give Burroughs a run.
Get back to playing Jones and Baines as CB's, Cooper aint good enough.
Still a box to box midfielder short, someone strong with pace.
The club need to update us on injuries and timescales more frequently.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 12:00:56 PM by oneedham »

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2023, 05:28:57 PM »

Why? We might be interested in reading about updates but I doubt that anyone bases their decisions on whether to attend a match based on who is/isn’t likely to play. Beyond that, updating supporters also updates the opposition and allows them to prepare accordingly. Why give them that advantage.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2023, 05:35:14 PM »

Why? We might be interested in reading about updates but I doubt that anyone bases their decisions on whether to attend a match based on who is/isn’t likely to play. Beyond that, updating supporters also updates the opposition and allows them to prepare accordingly. Why give them that advantage.

One reason is that it takes Parky out of the firing line. A lot of people, myself included, are wondering why Baines is being left on the bench. If he's taken a knock then that's fine, but Parky will take some criticism unless that's confirmed
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team