PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnet Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Barnet Match Thread  (Read 10716 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Barnet Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2023, 07:13:35 PM »

Watched the National League TV stream, which featured some very dodgy camerawork (including at one point bizarrely zooming in on the anti-pigeon netting underneath the roof of the main stand!).

We were comprehensively outplayed and Barnet could easily have doubled their goal tally.

I would say that Ethan Ross is the only Alty player to have emerged with any credit from what was a hugely dispiriting performance.

Merely two shots of note on target, from Crankshaw and Amaluzor respectively. Conn-Clarke a peripheral figure. Ponderous stuff, once again, and our defence looked about as watertight as HM Prison Wandsworth. Embarrassingly fast asleep for that corner which resulted in their third goal.

I am already worried about Banks (who was fortunate to avoid a second yellow card) and Joey Jones looks light years off the pace.

We can only pray that Crankshaw's injury isn't as serious as it looked. Amidst rumours that Regan Linney will be out of action until Christmas, the necessity to enter the loan market looms large once again.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2023, 07:30:13 PM »

Dinanga brace today.....maybe get him in on loan if Linney out...   ;)

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2023, 08:37:50 PM »

Just listened to Parkys post match interview. I get where he is coming from apart from the bit where he says he isn’t concerned about conceding goals from corners. I respect you as a manager Phil but you have got to be in the minority of Alty fans if your not concerned about it.

finnquark1

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2023, 08:45:05 PM »

Yeah that answer to the corner question is just a load of hoary old drivel, unfortunately. Saying it every week doesnt make it true.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2023, 09:31:20 PM »

Baines, our best defender last yeat, seems to be the one being dropped. No idea why.
We have terrible luck with bad injuries.
For me, Linney is the biggest loss for this team.
To play 9 in our formation is a proper graft and not many can do it, as we have seen on numerous occasions.
You have to be quick, strong, harrass defenders, run the channels and be aggressive.
I like Angus but Linney made us a different animal.
We need to look for a striker with those attributes.
Still feel we are a decent RB, CM and now striker short.
Play Amaluzor on the left, he will cause more issues.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2023, 07:50:30 AM »

Just listened to Parkys post match interview. I get where he is coming from apart from the bit where he says he isn’t concerned about conceding goals from corners. I respect you as a manager Phil but you have got to be in the minority of Alty fans if your not concerned about it.

In a minority Ray? He's a lone voice crying in the wilderness!

If you can find me single Alty fan who isn't concerned at our vulnerability to high balls into the box I'll be dumbfounded. And yesterday we learned that it isn't just high balls that are a problem.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2023, 11:31:08 AM »

The only upside is that it's saved me another £2.20 again today! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Julie

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2023, 08:35:28 AM »

Couple of things I noticed on Saturday.
The setup down there is obviously very nice, but just how much the two team benches are exposed. They were literally the first two rows of seats in the stand. No cover/dugout type setup.  The heat on Saturday was so brutal that during the first half nearly all of the home fans in that stand transferred to the opposite side to get out of the sun, leaving pretty well the two teams baking alone. I particularly felt sorry for the subs who cooked in the first half, stay out on the pitch during HT and then get cooked again 2nd half. At least the starters and management got 20 mins inside at HT. You'd think with an all new stadium they'd consider our climate and offer the players a bit of cover from the elements. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the players had heat related illness that night.

The other thing was that one of our subs got booked at HT for saying something to the ref. Think it might have been Kosylo, but not sure. Wondering if that gets reported inside to the manager by the ref? assume that would then impact bringing him on as a sub as it has attached risk?

Poor day Saturday, keeper saved us from a significantly more embarrassing result. Hopefully a big reaction and result coming next time out !!

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2023, 09:57:58 AM »

What concerned me in particular from the highlights was the handbags going on between Joey Jones and Roscoe after we conceded the 2nd goal.

I must say, I'm just concerned with Joey Jones in general. For all the supposed 'leadership acumen' he's meant to have brought to the table, he does seem to stand around barking orders at others, without seemingly doing very much himself.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnet Match Thread