PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bromley Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Bromley Match Thread  (Read 13520 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bromley Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2023, 05:13:23 PM »

Very slow today.
A lot of passes around the edge of the box and no-one in the box.
Justin really needs to carry the ball, would be better on the left and skin people on the outside and get to the byline or into the box.
I would be dropping Jones and giving Baines a game.
Aswell as Osborne has started the season, his corners remain sh*t, struggles to beat the first man.
Really missed Linney, the runs he doesn't into the channel free's up the wide players.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 05:22:49 PM by oneedham »

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2023, 05:24:22 PM »

Much too predictable and pedestrian today. Bromley could read the approach play like a book. Hardly surprising the goal came from something different. There were chances though. Only needed one of them to be nicked past the keeper to have changed it altogether.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2023, 05:47:20 PM »

Overall we had more than enough chances to equalise, here keeper made some decent saves. Whereas I think they had 2 shots on goal and scored 2. Referee was very poor some of the decisions were appalling.

We missed Linney and was bemused when Dior was substituted as we lost those runs. CCC was poor today and should have been subbed. Not sure Ethan is much of an improvement over Ollie tbh.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2023, 06:21:50 PM »

Agree with most of the above, but if you think Ross is no better than Byrne you need a new hobby
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2023, 07:02:46 PM »

Ross is SO much the better keeper.
My thoughts on the game?
Ref utterly appalling and consistently favoured the away side.
The incessant passing around at the back was taken to new levels and, at times, was heart stopping. (Mrs S reached new levels of exasperation!)
They obviously scouted us thoroughly and had us taped. And we didn't seem to be able to change things enough.
Very professional time wasting, free kick winners who did it successfully and well.
The captain needs a rest as ON has already said.
I'm having a single malt tonight rather than a red wine.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2023, 07:02:49 PM »

Lacklustre performance against a classic Bromley outfit who were patient and waited until they sensed blood... which was when the tippy tappy got absolutely ridiculous.

I have to say Isaac Marriott doesn't seem to be his usual influential self; I wasm't sure whether it was just because Elliott has impressed by comparison, but only one of them seems to be showing for the ball and it certainly isn't Isaac.

We hugely missed Regan and he needs to start whenever he's available - I hope we don't get into a situation where Cricky plays because we paid a lot of money for him, because I agree he should have beem hooked today, he wasn't really at the races all afternoon.

Regarding the goalkeeper, I take the middle ground on the matter... he's looked decent but he's not passed his audition yet. He has every chance to do so, of course - and I think he will.

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2023, 07:32:21 PM »

Very slow and too much sideways and backwards passing. Bromley were well organised and we had no idea of how to break them down.

Ethan Ross is a million times the goalkeeper of Ollie Byrne.

Roscoe and CCC were very poor today. James Jones looks like he needs a rest and we missed Linney. Justin is our best player at the moment.

That corner routine was pretty special which is on a very short list of positives from todays game.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2023, 07:42:38 PM »

It's all very well talking about substitutions, but Matty Kosylo was the only sub we had today who has the capability to change a game. But he didn't today.

Ollie Crankshaw seemed totally unsure of his role. He drifted about all over the pitch to no great effect, and that's probably why he received limited service from his colleagues.

We can have no complaints over losing our unbeaten record because we simply weren't good enough.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2023, 08:03:05 PM »

Lacklustre performance against a classic Bromley outfit who were patient and waited until they sensed blood... which was when the tippy tappy got absolutely ridiculous.

I have to say Isaac Marriott doesn't seem to be his usual influential self; I wasm't sure whether it was just because Elliott has impressed by comparison, but only one of them seems to be showing for the ball and it certainly isn't Isaac.

We hugely missed Regan and he needs to start whenever he's available - I hope we don't get into a situation where Cricky plays because we paid a lot of money for him, because I agree he should have beem hooked today, he wasn't really at the races all afternoon.

Regarding the goalkeeper, I take the middle ground on the matter... he's looked decent but he's not passed his audition yet. He has every chance to do so, of course - and I think he will.

Agree with the aforementioned synopsis.

That second-half performance was largely ponderous and laboured.

I don't think that either of our full-backs offer much as an attacking force. Too many times, they simply double back and then play the easy ball back to one of our central defenders.

Oh for a John Davison, Joel Senior or Shaun Densmore!

Woefully slapdash overplaying by Alty in the build-up to their winning goal. Marriott just hasn't quite got going this season to date, in my eyes.

Squad still looks far too shallow and short of options.

A dispiriting day.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2023, 08:38:45 PM »

I've had to hold back. I thought the first half we were a different class. Massive domination and had them on their heels, OK they did score first but never looked like winning. Second half was a different story, I was bored for a lot of it. Looking at my watch to see how long I had to endure what we were producing. No one wanted to see what they were made of. Eight minutes of extra time and we were still passing t around at the back until the last two minutes.

Forget the new ground/ redeveloping the existing ground. We won't need it.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2023, 08:52:40 PM »

according to a report i heard on talksport today long ball is coming back in to fashion. bring it on!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2023, 08:58:05 PM »

CCC didn’t turn up today, I would have Hooked CCC for Kossy instead of Angus, we are in need of a couple of fullbacks who can look up and run into space instead of just passing square balls  along the back line far too often. If a midfielder has the ball then the full backs  should be looking for the ball and push up a bit

The second goal for them came about due to us pissing about instead of getting it forward.

Teams this season have sussed us out especially when we dilly dally along the back line then they are ready to pounce.

I agree about our captain needing a break, personally I prefer Cooper to him and I’m amazed that Baines isn’t a regular.

We had a reality check today so we need to dust ourselves down and get set for a difficult trip to Barnet next  week.

As for ref. Poor 3/10

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2023, 09:41:05 PM »

Very generous marks for the ref there DT! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2023, 09:43:09 PM »

Agree with the aforementioned synopsis.

That second-half performance was largely ponderous and laboured.

I don't think that either of our full-backs offer much as an attacking force. Too many times, they simply double back and then play the easy ball back to one of our central defenders.

Oh for a John Davison, Joel Senior or Shaun Densmore!

Woefully slapdash overplaying by Alty in the build-up to their winning goal. Marriott just hasn't quite got going this season to date, in my eyes.

Squad still looks far too shallow and short of options.

A dispiriting day.

On the way home I was actually trying to recall if I have seen Banks overlap the winger yet. He set CCC up at York but needs to overlap.

Eddie gets in great positions and needs to demand the ball more.

Amaluzor needs to run at the defenders more, take them on, he is bloody rapid.

Still missing that magic CM.

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2023, 10:47:03 PM »

CCC didn’t turn up today, I would have Hooked CCC for Kossy instead of Angus, we are in need of a couple of fullbacks who can look up and run into space instead of just passing square balls  along the back line far too often. If a midfielder has the ball then the full backs  should be looking for the ball and push up a bit

The second goal for them came about due to us pissing about instead of getting it forward.

Teams this season have sussed us out especially when we dilly dally along the back line then they are ready to pounce.

I agree about our captain needing a break, personally I prefer Cooper to him and I’m amazed that Baines isn’t a regular.

We had a reality check today so we need to dust ourselves down and get set for a difficult trip to Barnet next  week.

As for ref. Poor 3/10

Poor reffing and a poor 2nd half.Thought we did well in the first half. Just silly-silly ball round the back as mentioned by many others. Thought both el capitano and Roscoe needed to be rested and it it showed today. Agree with the Baines comment and feel that he is our best defender and has to be first name down. Hope this is not another season of playing people due to money paid for them or because they are captain. CCC should be benched on last few performances.

P.S… was buzzin in the fanzone
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bromley Match Thread