PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AFC Fylde Match Thread..
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: AFC Fylde Match Thread..  (Read 9072 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: AFC Fylde Match Thread..
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2023, 05:48:15 PM »

God knows if the pens were pens or the offsides were offsides but we probably got what we deserved for defending too deep and aimless punts forward to nobody. It's happening too often to be mere bad luck.

Also, why do officials keep adding on a minute to the added time when we are playing?

There was an injury (Wilson I think) just as the board went up, so there would have to be an extra added minute for that.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2023, 05:53:47 PM »

Should have won....although did not deserve to win.
Team set up too defensively, yet still struggled to prevent them getting forward. Subs too late in my opinion and poor game management after our third.....their keeping receiving the ball from our keeper who was then allowed to dribble to almost half way and launch ball into our area.

Four point's from 6 not a bad return though
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2023, 05:55:47 PM »

A big fan of Ross but his ability to release the ball and ensure we ran down the clock was awful… hoof ball hoof ball, oh and when it comes back hoof again!

James Jones has cost us two goals there and done again down the wing, giving away the pen and done again for their header. He just crumbles under pressure.

Subs were brought on too late… should have changed at 60 mins. Thought Osbourne started slow but grew into the game and thought Baines was doing well getting forward linking with forward play and protecting well.

2 points lost and a sh*t trip home now!

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2023, 06:41:11 PM »

Far too defensive throughout the game. We were lucky to be 2 up at half time, but at that point we should have been able to see it out against a poor Fylde side. Just very strange that we seemed so happy to sit deep from the first minute and let them dominate possession, that was very much a case of 2 points dropped.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2023, 07:10:41 PM »

Definitely a case of mixed feelings.

Fylde certainly deserved a point, but having been 2-0 and 3-2 up respectively, it's disappointing that we have been unable to secure a victory.

After a nondescript opening 30 minutes, some timely poaching from Linney (although the goalkeeper should have done better with Angus' initial shot) and a splendid piece of finishing from Angus gave us a somewhat flattering lead.

It was frustrating early in the second half to see Marriott replace Linney, as it seemed to signal that we were surrendering the initiative to the team who possess the worst defensive record in the league.

James Jones was done again for their first penalty and then outjumped by Omotayo for their second goal.

The penalty awarded for the apparent foul on Amaluzor did look a trifle generous, to my eyes.

All afternoon, we had looked vulnerable when defending crosses and it was no great surprise when Obi duly outjumped Cooper to nod home their third goal in the dying embers of the game.

I hope that the injury suffered by George Wilson is not serious.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2023, 07:32:20 PM »

Barely deserved even one point . We were second best most of the game and i thought Fylde played really well. Ah well , still unbeaten and tomorrows another day.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2023, 07:59:15 PM »

Yeah I don't think Fylde were bad either - kept the ball on the deck, won the midfield battle, moved the ball into the wide areas where we struggled to stop the crosses coming in, and then they found joy going direct when they needed to (like Dagenham did).

I think Fylde will ultimately be OK this season, they were much better than York.

Thank God we were clinical for two minutes of the first half.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2023, 08:08:29 PM »

Just seen that Macc conceded an equaliser 10 minutes into 5 added minutes!!!

Made me feel much better 😁

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2023, 08:24:33 PM »

Just seen that Macc conceded an equaliser 10 minutes into 5 added minutes!!!

Made me feel much better 😁

And the goalscorer was our old friend Dean Furman, too.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2023, 09:34:13 PM »

Get in . Yes good pick me up that thanks Bri .

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2023, 10:08:50 PM »

Following Marcus Dinanga's move to Gateshead he immediately demonstrated that he was, indeed, possessing of the goal-scoring talent that we had all thought he was carrying when he signed for us.

He was not a good fit at Alty and the barrage of criticism he received from our fans (myself included) led to me vow that in future I would only write positive things about the players and their performance otherwise nothing at all.

I have nothing at all to say about today's performance except that I will happily take the point as an early Birthday gift.   

Knutty robin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2023, 11:35:28 PM »

Didn't see today's game but an observation from the Chesterfield game.  The next corner after Grimes scored I think it was Kossy marking him? If I'm right then we seriously need some work on our defensive coaching

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2023, 08:32:51 AM »

Didn't see today's game but an observation from the Chesterfield game.  The next corner after Grimes scored I think it was Kossy marking him? If I'm right then we seriously need some work on our defensive coaching

Think it was Banks who was tasked to mark Grimes.

As others have said above, James Jones has struggled in the right side CB position of the three but again it is down to us not looking comfortable in that formation.  Joey Jones wasn't great either.

Start every game in our favoured formation and if we haven't got the players then look to get more players in.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2023, 09:16:18 AM »

Looking back, pleased with a point on the road, fantastic following by Alty. Nice modern ground, good experience, traffic heading home was a tad busy, but that was to be expected.

Scoring three goals when creating little, show how we are being more clinical, Never seen two penalties given away in such short time. Need to learn from that.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2023, 11:13:11 AM »

we do need to play our first chose team,unless players are injured of course.Stop showing these teams so much respect by changing our formation.
Harold
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AFC Fylde Match Thread..