PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chesterfield Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Chesterfield Match Thread  (Read 10320 times)

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chesterfield Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2023, 06:59:54 PM »

They had the best of a rather un-in-spire-ing first half but they were only marginally better than us.  I was disappointed when they scored but began to see that we were likely to get a result as we began to improve more and more towards the last 10-15 minutes.  Their 'dirty' tactics got them nowhere because the Referee soon found the measure of them and their cynical felling of our players virtually every time that we got the better of them (and that was a lot of times). 

I was happy with the Ref's overall performance on balance even though I think that he missed a blatant hand ball in the penalty area early in the 2nd half. I guess that he must not of had a clear view of it.

The second half and injury time was pure class from Alty and they were given a lesson on how to play.  I had to pinch myself to ensure that I was not dreaming and I knew by the time the equalising goal went in that we would win.

You could count the number of real chances they had in the 2nd half on one finger and Alty just got better and better.  If Alty had won 7-1 it would not have been an unfair result.

For me they could all have been 'Man of the Match' today, but if I was to pick only one of them I would go for Justin HAMMERS_THE_ LOSERS and he did just that.  He embarrassed the best they had over and over, time and time, again and he is a hero there in the making.

I just love this Alty team and they have the potential to take the National League title + A couple of decent FA cup scalps and, of course, not to forget the FA Trophy.  The least I can see this group of players achieving this season is a High Play-off position (Semi- Finals) + 3rd Round FAC + FA Trophy Final at Wembley. 

I AM SO EXCITED.  This team has the look of a successful one and I think will even eclipse our successes of the late 70s, early 80s.

We really battered Chesterfield today and the whole of Chesterfield knows it.  Their players know it.  Their manager knows it, Their supporters know it and none of them will be wanting to watch the highlights which I can hardly wait for.

I could go on but I am sure you get the idea.  They won't be making any excuses about 'playing badly today' because they didn't play badly at all and I thought at half time that they looked like the best we have seen so far this season.

If they are really the favourites to win the National League we are going to walk it.  Get your money on quick the odds will be tumbling soon.

As Brian would say 'Come on you Supers!'

« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 08:54:53 PM by Ukrainian Alty »

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2023, 07:33:16 PM »

We were relentless second half and kept our attacking players on the pitch, which is a first this season.
That is our best and most dangerous formation.
Kossy struggled from the first minute today, I personally wouldn't want Linney starting out wide but he looked decent out there and allowed Angus to play no.9. Two top finishes.
Think Kossy will be out on Monday and with very little depth in wide players I think we may have to start Linney on the wing. There will be some tired legs.
Osborne and Marriott were immense today. Osborne looks twice the player and has come back super fit.
Thought Roscoe grew into the game.
Amaluzor is so dangerous, would like to see him more direct at times.
Still feel we are missing depth to the squad. Wide player, LB cover, another quality CM but it is looking good.
Still buzzing from that second half.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2023, 07:39:08 PM »

They had the best of a rather un-in-spire-ing first half but they were only marginally better than us.  I was disappointed when they scored but began to see that we were likely to get a result as we began to improve more and more towards the last 10-15 minutes.  Their 'dirty' tactics got them nowhere because the Referee soon found the measure of them and their cynical felling of our players virtually every time that we got the better of them (and that was a lot of times). 

I was happy with the Ref's overall performance on balance even though I think that he missed a blatant hand ball in the penalty area early in the 2nd half. I guess that he must not of had a clear view of it.

The second half and injury time was pure class from Alty and they were given a lesson on how to play.  I had to pinch myself to ensure that I was not dreaming and I knew by the time the equalising goal went in that we would win.

You could count the number of real chances they had in the 2nd half on one finger and Alty just got better and better.  If Alty had won 7-1 it would not have been an unfair result.

For me they could all have been 'Man of the Match' today, but if I was to pick only one of them I would go for Justin HAMMERS_THE_ LOSERS and he did just that.  He embarrassed the best they had over and over, time and time, again and he is a hero there in the making.

I just love this Alty team and they have the potential to take the National League title + A couple of decent FA cup scalps and, of course, not to forget the FA Trophy.  The least I can see this group of players achieving this season is a High Play-off position (Semi- Finals) + 3rd Round FAC + FA Trophy Final at Wembley. 

I AM SO EXCITED.  This team has the look of a successful one and I think will even eclipse our successes of the late 70s, early 80s.

We really battered Chesterfield today and the whole of Chesterfield knows it.  Their players know it.  Their manager knows it, Their supporters know it and none of them will be wanting to watch the highlights which I can hardly wait for.

I could go on but I am sure you get the idea.  They won't be making any excuses about 'playing badly today' because they didn't play badly at all and I thought at half time that they looked like the best we have seen so far this season.

If they are really the favourites to win the National League we are going to walk it.  Get your money on quick the odds will be tumbling soon.

As Brian would say 'Come on you Supers!'

P.S. Can anyone offer me a lift to AFC Fylde on Monday?  I will pay for your ticket + half petrol.  i promise to keep quiet.

Wonderful post. Cup fully full. You're welcome to sit next to me on the tram and train. Feel free to speak.😁😁😁

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2023, 07:58:34 PM »

Man-for-man it sounds like we are a match for absolutely anyone, but comparative lack of resources means lack of depth. If we avoid serious injuries, then who knows what can be achieved but we'll need a huge slice of luck and then a bit more too.

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2023, 08:14:28 PM »

@ukrainian Alty
Gutted cannot make Monday due to work
There will be tougher games to go,can we perform like that on a cold
Tuesday night in winter down in the depths of places like Aldershot(no offence to Aldershot)
Love your enthusiasm by the way and a great post earlier,but a bit early to be getting over excited
IMO next test on Monday,what a horrible place to go,on past experience horrible fans and the stewards are awful as well,unless things have changed there.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2023, 08:57:53 PM »

Thanks UA! What a great performance!

Come on you Supers indeed! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2023, 10:35:25 PM »

@ukrainian Alty
Tuesday night in winter down in the depths of places like Aldershot(no offence to Aldershot)
Love your enthusiasm by the way and a great post earlier,but a bit early to be getting over excited
IMO next test on Monday,what a horrible place to go,on past experience horrible fans and the stewards are awful as well,unless things have changed there.

Yeah, I did perhaps go a bit over the top earlier but I am certain that Phil will have the full backing of the board to bring more high calibre players to the club to provide the strength in depth as the season progresses and we continue to maintain a realistic challenge.   

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2023, 10:42:19 PM »

@ukrainian Alty

Yeah, I did perhaps go a bit over the top earlier but I am certain that Phil will have the full backing of the board to bring more high calibre players to the club to provide the strength in depth as the season progresses and we continue to maintain a realistic challenge.

Well said. I'm positive you're right! 👍🇦🇹🏆🥇(🤞)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 10:51:26 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2023, 11:11:56 PM »

Well, Mick was right about Dobra some posts earlier.

As for ourselves, we deserved the win after quite  a spectacular second half performance. Everybody played well, but Angus, Amulazor and Roscoe were superb.  Chesterfield weren't poor or anything, they just lost to a better team on the day.

With an acknowledgement to the lack of depth in the squad,  I can't say we will win the league, but, right now, it feels like we just might do that.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2023, 11:36:49 PM »

For what it's worth, I think right now is a great time to get over-excited, and what a turn and finish by Dior for the winner!

With the money coming in to the club now and the relationships we're building with other clubs (I see a certain Joe Hugill scored at Stockport the other night) I'm not sure even injuries will stop us at least challenging for the play-offs. The setbacks we suffered last season woul've seen us relegated in previous years (1997 springs to mind) but not now. COYR!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 11:41:10 PM by Hugh »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2023, 07:01:21 AM »

Game of 2 halfs.

We were superb 2nd half and they never came out. Strange subs from them tbh.

Aside from Kosylo, who was anonymous, it an immense effort. Osbourne was my mom

Full time and proud of it

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2023, 08:37:30 AM »

We were relentless second half and kept our attacking players on the pitch, which is a first this season.
That is our best and most dangerous formation.
Kossy struggled from the first minute today, I personally wouldn't want Linney starting out wide but he looked decent out there and allowed Angus to play no.9. Two top finishes.
Think Kossy will be out on Monday and with very little depth in wide players I think we may have to start Linney on the wing. There will be some tired legs.
Osborne and Marriott were immense today. Osborne looks twice the player and has come back super fit.
Thought Roscoe grew into the game.
Amaluzor is so dangerous, would like to see him more direct at times.
Still feel we are missing depth to the squad. Wide player, LB cover, another quality CM but it is looking good.
Still buzzing from that second half.
Good post and agree with you here.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2023, 09:04:01 AM »

Parky comment here in link. Excellent interview and there in today preparing. Big shout out for the commitment.

https://altrinchamfc.com/blogs/news/phil-parkinson-post-match-interview-altrincham-2-1-chesterfield

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2023, 11:09:05 AM »

Fitting tribute to Mad Dog before the game and a performance that also reminded me of Mad Dog ...team came from behind, never giving up...brilliant !

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2023, 02:41:17 PM »

Best second half i can remember from the lads in a long long time and can't pick the M.O.M. they were that good but a special mention for Elliot ( yes first name only ! ) who i have been fiercely critical of before yet has proven what a good and valuable player he really is and yet again shown us all what a brilliant management team we have in believing in him all this time . Great work by all.
Loved the posting by Ukranian Alty , what a heart on sleeve Mad dog , Kingy  etc type rousing shout out . Only being a threequarter full fella myself , need a wee bit more before being convinced we are on the glory trail once again , really enjoyed yesterday but to quote the last line from a famous movie "tomorrows another day". 🤞
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chesterfield Match Thread