PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 1.5m investment
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 1.5m investment  (Read 7472 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 1.5m investment
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2023, 11:47:15 AM »

I'm guessing that £1.5m could probably just about stretch towards the entire redevelopment of the popular side, if used sensibly.

There should be grants available but will probably still cost  over a million?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2023, 03:22:52 PM »

I would have thought they would redevelop areas that will bring in the best ROI, such as Main stand, with offices, meeting areas etc that could be used throughout the week, increasing revue streams.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2023, 09:41:24 PM »

Amazing news!!

Key takeaways for me are that (1) this is the type of investment that we have never seen before (2) there are apparently 20 local investors, clearly of wealth, so hopefully they have big plans for the club and (3) the one investor who was willing to be named has the type of wealth that means that they could have easily cut the cheque without the support of the other 19 if needed and  shouldn't, for example, need to do something dumb like sell the ground to get on in life (I know the council own the ground anyway, but its a story we all saw in the past and other clubs have experienced with far worse outcomes than at Alty)

I am sure that not all fans will get their precise wish-list of what they would like to happen to the money, but the future today appears far more positive for us than at any stage in my living memory.

I remember reading years ago about there being 1,000 millionaires in Altrincham and thinking, wouldn't it be nice if one or two of them wanted to get involved with Altrincham. And I remember running round Altrincham trying to raise a few extra pounds for Alty inn the years after the Maunders pull out. So to hear of this is amazing, more money than I could have imagined, and a sign that we are doing some things right and gaining respect among the local community, and not least the local business community. As someone said, the future's bright, the future's Robins!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2023, 09:53:03 PM »

Well I've been watching Alty for nearly 40 years, have had season tickets and seen the worst moments and I think this is fantastic news. Well done to everyone involved. I'll tell you what's happened, and it's not about ignoring the old time fans.

It's been about looking outwards and forwards, not relying on the old boys or recruiting and appealing for help from within all the time.

Revamping the digital and commercial side, the Puma kit deal, being more visual in the town, doing the community stuff. It all adds up, and there is no doubt in my mind that it contributed to the the investment.

There's still work to be done - seat stickers and late season tickets shouldn't be overlooked - but give me this Alty now over plenty of Altys in the past.

Couldn't agree more Bob. As a founder member of SAFE and printer of those t-shirts for its launch at the Civil Service club nearly 30 years ago, to being involved in the process where Kingy's non voting shares were made available for purchase, it's fair to say we've all earned the right to be sceptical of false dawns.

This is no false dawn, it's Back to the Future not Hans Christien Andersen b23. A 1960s re-boot where local business people are investing serious cash into the club for the first time in 40 odd years. As I see it, it's strength is the number and diversity of players involved and will likely attract more who want to be part of a successful operation.

When Noel White and Peter Swales took over an ailing Altrincham FC bottom of the Cheshire League their ambition was to see our club in the Football League and they got the local business community to buy into that vision. The current Board has emulated them and shares that ambition, we should too.

I suppose I couldn't bribe you to do a "reprint" of the SAFE t-shirt? The original, not the "not going underground" one.

Also, I'd like to give a shout out to the 11 year old Altrincham supporter who convinced Swales and White to get involved in the first place and did many other things for football besides. It just shows what one person with passion and vision can do!

PS York 2-2 Alty - bloody rubbish Alty ;)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2023, 10:44:15 PM »

Great H.G. Wells impression UA, there are bound to be bumps on the road before we get there but why not ! Bring it on 👏🤞

Are we going to be invaded by Martians?

Seriously, when you look at where we were 6 hears ago, this seems beyond belief. What happened was that previous chairmen gambled on our success by allowing Parkie to invest in the team and I believe it stems from that. That saw the little seedlings sprouting and this has been recognised, firstly by the fans and - seeing increased attendances - then by investors.

Our current board have done a great, miraculous and wholly professional job, but we should recognise the faith El Presidente Rowley had in the team and who started bringing in new investors and more knowledge.

Ultimately my congratulations to Messrs Looney, Waterson et al for the great transformation of this club.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 1.5m investment