PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 1.5m investment
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 1.5m investment  (Read 7463 times)

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: 1.5m investment
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2023, 07:35:36 AM »

Amazing news!!

Key takeaways for me are that (1) this is the type of investment that we have never seen before (2) there are apparently 20 local investors, clearly of wealth, so hopefully they have big plans for the club and (3) the one investor who was willing to be named has the type of wealth that means that they could have easily cut the cheque without the support of the other 19 if needed and  shouldn't, for example, need to do something dumb like sell the ground to get on in life (I know the council own the ground anyway, but its a story we all saw in the past and other clubs have experienced with far worse outcomes than at Alty)

I am sure that not all fans will get their precise wish-list of what they would like to happen to the money, but the future today appears far more positive for us than at any stage in my living memory.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2023, 08:49:41 AM »

I did a little digging on the only named investor on the article, Shalni Arora, and her husband is the billionaire ex CEO of B&M bargains. Would be nice if she could convince him to buy the club
Havent you learnt anything,.. owners only work when they are interested,. ask Southend and plenty of others.
Keeping control of the club with a range of people who care about it without one person in control is by far the safest approach.
This is very good news.

It was tongue in cheek. I'm happy with the way things are going too

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2023, 08:49:51 AM »

Sadly I'm a bit emperors new clothes with all this..As has been said, they can't even put stickers on season ticket holders seats in the main stand...embarrassing..but they don't really care about us old time real fans who were here in the bad old days...Really depressing

I think you are off the mark with your comment b23. I do think the club care about all the fanbase young and old, I think it is a major step forward for the club, although I have to say that the purchasing of a few hundred    stickers to identify somebody’s seat doesn’t require an investment of 1.5m .

We are entering a new era at WA15 which even as one of the old time fans is an exciting time ….

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2023, 09:19:51 AM »

Well I've been watching Alty for nearly 40 years, have had season tickets and seen the worst moments and I think this is fantastic news. Well done to everyone involved. I'll tell you what's happened, and it's not about ignoring the old time fans.

It's been about looking outwards and forwards, not relying on the old boys or recruiting and appealing for help from within all the time.

Revamping the digital and commercial side, the Puma kit deal, being more visual in the town, doing the community stuff. It all adds up, and there is no doubt in my mind that it contributed to the the investment.

There's still work to be done - seat stickers and late season tickets shouldn't be overlooked - but give me this Alty now over plenty of Altys in the past.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2023, 09:59:35 AM »

Well said Sir 👍

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2023, 10:04:26 AM »

From me too! 😉 👍🇦🇹🏆
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2023, 10:11:28 AM »

£1.5m from 20+ minority investors so much better than a single rich owner. That way lies destruction. Will be interesting to see how far this takes in terms of the ten year vision for the ground. I think I'd happily take a few years of mid table obscurity plus cup runs and the odd fruitless playoff if it meant a football league worthy ground, a community focussed club and a firm foundation for promotion at the end of it.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2023, 10:34:13 AM »

Well I've been watching Alty for nearly 40 years, have had season tickets and seen the worst moments and I think this is fantastic news. Well done to everyone involved. I'll tell you what's happened, and it's not about ignoring the old time fans.

It's been about looking outwards and forwards, not relying on the old boys or recruiting and appealing for help from within all the time.

Revamping the digital and commercial side, the Puma kit deal, being more visual in the town, doing the community stuff. It all adds up, and there is no doubt in my mind that it contributed to the the investment.

There's still work to be done - seat stickers and late season tickets shouldn't be overlooked - but give me this Alty now over plenty of Altys in the past.

Couldn't agree more Bob. As a founder member of SAFE and printer of those t-shirts for its launch at the Civil Service club nearly 30 years ago, to being involved in the process where Kingy's non voting shares were made available for purchase, it's fair to say we've all earned the right to be sceptical of false dawns.

This is no false dawn, it's Back to the Future not Hans Christien Andersen b23. A 1960s re-boot where local business people are investing serious cash into the club for the first time in 40 odd years. As I see it, it's strength is the number and diversity of players involved and will likely attract more who want to be part of a successful operation.

When Noel White and Peter Swales took over an ailing Altrincham FC bottom of the Cheshire League their ambition was to see our club in the Football League and they got the local business community to buy into that vision. The current Board has emulated them and shares that ambition, we should too. 

« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 10:40:30 AM by JTH »

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2023, 10:48:36 AM »

All great vibes this morning .  Love the positivety around the club now , lest we forget just half a dozen years ago we were last in NLN with just 4 wins and 8 points adrift .  Amazing turnaround to where we are now so massive kudos to all at ML . Lovin it 👏
  ( Stickers and bogs excepted 😏 )

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2023, 11:17:03 AM »

Fantastic news, well done to all concerned....

...now let's have a bit of a moan about it, lolz  ;D :o

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2023, 12:47:06 PM »

i've said it before that the current regime is reminiscent of the noel white era with numerous directors with particular skills, only like a james cameron remake for the 21st century.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2023, 01:13:54 PM »

The conditions are now being set for a wonderful future at our club, Altrincham FC, and it appears to be the real deal. 

The nearby environs of Hale, Hale Barns, Bowdon, Wilmslow, Ashley, Mobberley and Knutsford are Alty's catchment area have always been stuck with the label 'Posh' or the 'Cheshire Stockbroker Belt'.  However, over the past few decades a significant demographic shift has occurred around and about these leafy towns and villages that provides Alty FC with an unprecedented opportunity.

The Super-Rich have arrived in our back yard and relatively speaking there are a lot of them. Some of them are not just multi-millionaires but billionaires. They bring with them not only investment cash but some savvy business acumen. 

Altrincham Association Football Club will soon rise up as a beacon of success emulating the success of the Town and its residents.

We now have the ear of some influential individuals and success on the field should attract further inward investment and this coupled with increased revenue from the inevitable larger attendances means that ground development becomes a reality rather than the pipe dream that it was yesterday.

I look forward to our average attendances rising to 5,000+

When I heard about this I had butterflies.  Well done to all involved.  Macclesfield fans read this and weep.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2023, 02:40:55 PM »

Great H.G. Wells impression UA, there are bound to be bumps on the road before we get there but why not ! Bring it on 👏🤞

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2023, 03:50:23 PM »

Think the glass is well and truly full now! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2023, 11:11:34 AM »

I'm guessing that £1.5m could probably just about stretch towards the entire redevelopment of the popular side, if used sensibly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 1.5m investment