News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Non Altrincham FC Talk
 Joy Division

Author Topic: Joy Division  (Read 3924 times)

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Joy Division
« on: August 01, 2023, 06:03:46 PM »

Does anyone else remember Joy Division playing at Bowdon Vale Youth Club?

One of my mates tried to get me to go but I declined telling him that I had never heard of them and if they were from Macc as he said they were bound to be ****

I think we went to see the Angelic Upstarts at the Polytechnic Students Union instead (although it could have been the Cockney Rejects).  They let us in but after a couple of hours had passed and I had suffered several pints of Greenall Sh1tley it became evident that the band was never going to turn up.

Anyway, fair play to one of the Student Geeky types, whom I now believe was Ben Elton before he was Ben Elton, who announced that all was not lost because the Rezillos were playing at the University Students Union down the road. So, we all decamped there and arrived just in time to see them perform the 'Motorbike Beat'. Lead singer Eugene Reynolds had a massive quiff and brought a Harley on stage revving it up as and when.  The all girl support was the Revettes, all of whom had huge beehives and sang backing vocals.  None of the outrageous hair creations outlasted the gig.  It was all very much over the top but very enjoyable.

About six months later I went to see the Buzzcocks at the Apollo.  Their support? - Joy Division. 
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Non Altrincham FC Talk
 Joy Division