PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 M*cc (A)
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: M*cc (A)  (Read 7868 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: M*cc (A)
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2023, 10:38:26 AM »

Not sure about the 11 starting?
Do you mean you're still unsure about the starting eleven or unsure whether Amazulor (11) should be a starter?

PS. Or both? (like me!) 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2023, 10:49:05 AM »

I wasn't there, but got the impression from RR that George Wilson had a decent game. PP originally said he'd be going out on loan, but I'm getting the impression that he's being seen as a starter.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2023, 10:59:34 AM »

Didn't go last night, as others listened on RR and I to thought George had a good game, so giving Parky something to think about. Think on Sunday, Parky will play his proposed starting 11 at some point. Meant to say sounds like Matty is getting back to his previous best. Be interested to hear how people thought Ethan did in goal. Sounded promising.

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2023, 12:16:43 PM »

Do you mean you're still unsure about the starting eleven or unsure whether Amazulor (11) should be a starter?

To be clear, the starting 11 would not be my choice. Two right footed centre backs was strange, unless Baines/Roscoe not in favour/injured. Spoke to Jones in Holland who is injured and will return  soon. Wilson a good back up. Would rather keep him than Elliot. Banks did a bit better but feel RB position is a bit of a concern. Feel like this is the start of the 22/23 season all over again.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2023, 01:12:54 PM »

Interesting comments ANF.
Elliot's not going anywhere for another year at least I suspect.
Hope you're wrong with your last comment.
I'm actually quietly confident - which is usually not an altogether good thing (!) 😉
I can't help feeling that first game against Diggingem and Drawbridge will be more important than ever for confidence. Let's be sure to all be there to roar the team home - whatever the starting eleven!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2023, 02:40:11 PM »

NB. One of the reasons for my confidence is the fact that for the first time in a while we've got at least 15 or 16 players (on contracts with us rather than including loans ) who are good enough to start.
It's just about Parky picking a team that matches his style of play for particular matches. In other words we have the ability to play our preferred way but are also capable of operating a plan B (or even C!)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 02:44:49 PM by Saughall Robin »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2023, 03:09:18 PM »

Whilst this is again a relatively new team, and no disrespect to last years starting squad, this years squad, overall has more depth and quality with slightly more mature players on contracts. We should do much better this season, time will tell obviously.

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2023, 03:24:33 PM »

My comment about the start of the season all over again was more aimed at the bedding in as a team and gelling together. I think it’s going to be a slow start and will take a while to get up to speed. A lot of new faces and combinations. Thank god we are full time nowadays.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2023, 08:48:17 PM »

Either way it is going to be interesting watching us kick a ball in 'anger'. Cannot even start to predict the scoreline in our first game v D & R, but so long as we give a good account of ourselves and do our utmost to chalk up a win, I will be happy.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2023, 03:45:20 PM »

Hat trick wasn't it ?

Yes. 95/6 season. They were supposed to be going for a second title. The funny thing, as I remember, was they were desperate to get the game on as we had players out, and a massive effort ensued to clear the pitch. I rather think that we'd barely heard of Dean Pritchard at the time, but he came up trumps. Still one of my best nights watching Alty. On the coach back, someone quipped, "how dare it be a Tusday"!

Wasn’t a hat trick. Think he scored 2, at least 1 anyway which was the winner.

Think Hardy may have got the other. Rebound after a missed penalty at the bottom end?

I just checked the Non-League Directory, it says "Terry 2p, Pritchard". Funny how the memory plays tricks. I suppose it's because Pritchard scored the dramatic late winner. Were we 2-0 down in that game too?

It was indeed Pritchard's first game. I suppose Mark Hughes must have got injured. The legend Zumrutel also wore the number nine shirt that season. Did Pritchard also play for Witton when they were briefly rather good?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2023, 06:29:34 PM »

as you were say they were desperate to get the game on and you could tell they were anticipating a routine win. pitch was very tricky and no way would have been on nowadays. dean pritchard scored the winner which may or may not have been offside depending on your point of view in all senses of the term. very satisfying win though.

Wasn't Dean Pritchard instrumental in Witton beating Alty in the CSC final the previous season?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 06:37:37 PM by Hale Alty »

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2023, 12:29:02 AM »

To be clear, the starting 11 would not be my choice. Two right footed centre backs was strange, unless Baines/Roscoe not in favour/injured. Spoke to Jones in Holland who is injured and will return  soon. Wilson a good back up. Would rather keep him than Elliot. Banks did a bit better but feel RB position is a bit of a concern. Feel like this is the start of the 22/23 season all over again.

A phrase that will often need more clarification!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 M*cc (A)