News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Captain Jones

Author Topic: Captain Jones  (Read 2454 times)

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Captain Jones
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2023, 11:38:18 AM »

Bit of a strange one this. Wouldn’t have made my top 3. I look back over the years and we usually go for character, strength, a gob and a fan favourite (most of the time). Good luck JJ and hope it works out.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2023, 05:43:54 PM »

Yeah, wasn't expecting this either. Marriot who is vice captain was probably my pick

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2023, 06:20:08 PM »

It is a bit leftfield for me. Expected there to be a more pronged period before we anounced.

Either way not who I expected, I trust parky as a man manager so I think he's got this right until I see otherwise.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2023, 06:00:44 PM »

Same with me, wasn't expecting his to be the name announced - and for what it's worth, my choice would have been Isaac Marriott by a country mile.

James seems to be very popular and respected within the camp, which I'm sure goes a long way in Parky's eyes and rightly so.

What last season showed us with Jordan is that being club captain doesn't necessarily guarantee you a starting place, so let's wait and see what happens.

Pleased to see two of our existing players get the nod, though - I'm not a fan of a brand new player taking the armband, I feel like it should be earned to a degree.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2023, 09:53:12 AM »

Makes sense to me. James Jones is the longest established player in the team, and knows the league and what we are about inside-out. he has an overall view ahead of him of what is going on, on the pitch.
Phil also looks at who will represent him best when they are playing so it has to be someone who he gets on well with and trusts. I understand his thinking with Isaac, who is a great player but not experienced enough as yet to take the captain's roll. James needs to step up to the plate and take responsibility for the team, which I will think we will do well. Phil knows the team better than any of us, as does Neil. James I think will handle the captaincy and not let his standards slip whilst doing so.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Captain Jones