PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Retained
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Retained  (Read 6316 times)

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Retained
« on: May 09, 2023, 02:48:14 PM »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Retained
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 02:48:52 PM »

Staggered we've released Goodson
Full time and proud of it

Strong summer needed

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 02:52:36 PM »

Very timely

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2023, 02:56:30 PM »

Owen German in the sqaud, and not in the 'pre-season' section is interesting
It's all my fault.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2023, 02:57:38 PM »

And Perritt. Surprised we've kept Brockbank and Cooper.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2023, 03:04:41 PM »

Wow. A few surprises there. Osborne not one of them.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2023, 03:09:53 PM »

You never know behind the scenes whether a player wants to leave or an agent turned his head but with bits & bobs at far flung Boston & Spenny & only the odd sub for us here & there he never really got into a rhythm last season. Not like we are stacked in his position though so of all the ones we’ve let go this is the one that clearly jumps out. Parky is loyal so the fact most have been kept on is no surprise. Both GK staying after the defensive horror show we produced last season is an odd one too.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2023, 03:31:10 PM »

Osbourne staying surely comes down to some compromising photo's of the Gaffer being in his possession.

At least now we know our must sign positions and we can build some wishlists... clearly Parky doesn't seem to think GK is one of them.

Here is a visualisation of the squad for those like me it helps visualise things.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2023, 03:51:28 PM »

Wow. A few surprises there. Osborne not one of them.
Who else could conjure a corner to Oldham from a mid field pass? Vital addition.🤣🤣🤣

Knutty robin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2023, 05:01:45 PM »

I can only echo the comments re Osborne and GK's!  I am also surprised at Perritt.  We can only hope there is a master plan 😁

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2023, 05:06:21 PM »

I'm absolutely staggered that Harry Perritt and Zak Goodson have been released, and I don't think we would have done (although I could be wrong).

Could be miles out with this, but it doesn't appear to specify whether or not a contract was offered - and perhaps that's what took a few days to work through. You can understand that Harry and Zak in particular might have wanted to guarantee a starting berth elsewhere, and both might already have something lined up.

Let's keep our eyes peeled for quick signing announcements, as I suspect they've potentially just chosen other clubs instead and turned us down.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2023, 05:09:34 PM »

Must admit that was my take on it. Surely we offered terms to both? Couldn't guarantee regular starts though.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2023, 05:13:47 PM »

Must admit that was my take on it. Surely we offered terms to both? Couldn't guarantee regular starts though.

Weirder things have happened than Perritt going back to Accrington - where he was highly regarded - now they're in League Two and he's likely to feature plenty for them. He might have quickly regretted the move as he seemed to be getting more game time for them in League One than he was for us.

Also worth noting the list doesn't specify if currently contracted players have been made available for transfer; I wouldn't be surprised if there were more departures yet.

Now the dust has settled on a strange season of player usage, a nucleus of 14 retained players seems a sensible number - and we'll obviously add a few to that.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2023, 05:18:40 PM »

I find it quite staggering that the manager thinks that retaining the two goalies and the majority of the back four apart from Harry Perritt after they conceded 82 goals is a reason to be cheerful somewhat worries me.

I know they are a young group but it will take a vast improvement to reduce the goals against, especially if we continue with the “we don’t actually practice physically defending set pieces” policy..

I will be happy with an 18th place this time next year.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2023, 05:53:22 PM »

I find it quite staggering that the manager thinks that retaining the two goalies and the majority of the back four apart from Harry Perritt after they conceded 82 goals is a reason to be cheerful somewhat worries me.

I know they are a young group but it will take a vast improvement to reduce the goals against, especially if we continue with the “we don’t actually practice physically defending set pieces” policy..

I will be happy with an 18th place this time next year.

I suspect that two out of the four in the back line (the other two being Eddy Jones and Lewis Baines) might be new personnel, which sits fine with me.

The goalkeeper situation is the one that probably worries me the most at the moment, given we've seemingly not freed up a place for a signing.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Retained