News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pre-season friendlies thread

Author Topic: Pre-season friendlies thread  (Read 2473 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 01, 2023, 10:40:11 PM »

Lancaster City away nine weeks on Saturday.
It'll soon come round won't it? 😊😊👍
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-season friendlies thread
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 06:53:57 AM »

Assume we'll do our usual double header with West and Wythenshawe, and Trafford - would be good to try a couple new grounds such as Amateurs rather than Town (who are more Gatley than Wythenshawe) and also some slightly more far flung place like Avro.

I'm not fussed about playing behind closed doors against youth teams, unless we're eyeing up loanees - games against Stockport / Salford should provide tough tests as long as they bring their Firsts.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2023, 12:17:16 PM »

Just as a matter of minor interest I went to Erikstan Park yesterday to watch my younger son Alex play in a league cup final for AFC Didsbury; in goal against Romiley FC. AFC Didsbury won the game 2-0, Alex I am pleased to say saved a penalty. Like me in my younger days he is a pretty reasonable goalkeeper, but Alex went further than I did. I guess the Mark 2 is always an improvement on the Mark 1.

It was a nice ground but what impressed me more was their bar and clubhouse. Lovely room with a large TV, decent pint of Wainwright's and great band of Pork Scratchings too!! Very friendly club, only one mile from where I live in Brooklands. Will defo be there for the Alty friendly.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2023, 07:38:05 PM »

Fancy a fleetwood at home and the obligatory behind closed doors Huddersfield away
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2023, 08:42:15 PM »

Could be nice to do Warrington town or curzon given the amount of ex alty?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2023, 12:18:46 AM »

Just as a matter of minor interest I went to Erikstan Park yesterday to watch my younger son Alex play in a league cup final for AFC Didsbury; in goal against Romiley FC. AFC Didsbury won the game 2-0, Alex I am pleased to say saved a penalty. Like me in my younger days he is a pretty reasonable goalkeeper, but Alex went further than I did. I guess the Mark 2 is always an improvement on the Mark 1.

It was a nice ground but what impressed me more was their bar and clubhouse. Lovely room with a large TV, decent pint of Wainwright's and great band of Pork Scratchings too!! Very friendly club, only one mile from where I live in Brooklands. Will defo be there for the Alty friendly.
I used to go there some Saturdays when Alty away when the 'social club' was known locally as the Chicken Shed. Most people in there playing pool, watching Sky and betting on the horse racing. One hundred and fifty inside sampling beer and burgers.....25 outside watching live football......it was a decent place for an afternoon of sport
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team