PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 REALISTIC transfer targets
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: REALISTIC transfer targets  (Read 17621 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 28, 2023, 02:02:43 PM »

Rather than focus on who we should get rid of, let's have a bit more fun and speculate on who could come in - it's always good to look back on this sort of thread and see if any of us end up being on the money - or whether we're well off compared to what Parky & Sorvs are thinking.

I know a lot of us take in other local non-league games too, so I'll be intrigued to see who has impressed us from elsewhere - obviously there will be the released lists to look at too, but we should primarily be focusing on cherry-picking players on a recent upward curve.

My own picks would be:

GOALKEEPER
Luke Simpson (TNS) - this was one I'd have liked last summer when he left Kidderminster; only signed for TNS in the autumn and they were walking the league by then.
Cameron Mason (Southport) - long been considered one of the best goalkeepers in non-league; still only 27 but would bring the experience we so badly need at the moment.
Harry Tyrer (Everton) - very young (like Ollie) but 6'4 and 'commanding', hugely popular at Chester this season; given Everton have deeper pockets than us and might subsidise the loan, it would kick the goalkeeper problem down the kerb 12 months - keeping the budget free for outfield positions.
Theo Richardson (Buxton) - won a couple of end-of-season awards for them; only 24 years old and certainly a very realistic target for us; might fit the bill.

DEFENDERS
Miles Welch-Hayes (Harrogate) - has largely done well here and is popular with the fans; of the recent loanees he seems to be the most realistic to sign up permanently.
Kyle Ferguson (Harrogate) - willing to offer him a deal, but his expectations would have to be reasonable, and he'd have to show us more than what he's done since returning.
Tylor Golden (Halifax) - one of their star performers this past season in the right back position we clearly now meed to address; seems that he might be NW-based.
Sammy Robinson (Port Vale) - former Manchester City trainee that many at Vale were surprised to see released; a young wing back in the Parky mould but can cover at centre back.
Matty Williams (Chester) - considered the jewel in the crown of the meanest defence in the National League North next season; under contract so we'd need to get creative.
Liam Edwards (Chester) - another great young defender; not considered the best footballer but a brilliant defender, much like Lewis Baines; unlike Williams he's out of contract.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS
Connor Kirby (Buxton) - trialled with us in the summer but overlooked; has had a great season with Buxton and I'd be happy to see him back.
Regan Booty (Maidstone) - relegated with Maidstone but he's a northerner; played in the same Huddersfield youth setup as Isaac Marriott. Good with set pieces; can cover at left back.
Dylan Boyle (Fleetwood) - one to bear in mind given our connections with Fleetwood; currently impressing on loan at Curzon Ashton, seems ready to take the step up.

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS
Charlie Caton (Shrewsbury) - another one impressing on loan in the NLN; out of contract with Shrewsbury (I think) but if Chester come up, I assume they'd be favourites to keep him.
Aaron Bennett (Preston) - same category as Kyle Ferguson really; might be better to bring him in on trial over the summer (assuming he'll be released) and whether he can turn up in shape or not.

WINGERS
Tyrese Sinclair (Rochdale) - I think we'd all have him back if a deal can be done with Rochdale; clearly enjoyed his time here and we got the best out of him most of the time.
Milli Alli (Halifax) - always one I assumed would end up here at some point, but his form in the second half of the season might mean he gets a much bigger move now.
Courtney Duffus (Morecambe) - would be a real punt given his recent injury record, but he's a strongand physical forward who we know has done it at this level.

STRIKERS
Danny Elliott - another one that's been done to death but we know he can find the net at this level; strangely been playing out of position for SC**thorpe.
Jake Bickerstaff - very much part of the 'done well against us' category, well regarded at Wrexham but maybe they have grander ambitions now.
Connor Hall (Chorley) - prolific season in the National League North and seemingly good mates with Lewis Baines; feels like he would be quite a realistic option for us.

There aren't really any leftfield names here - anyone else caught the eye for anyone this season?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 06:04:26 PM by MarpleAlty »

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: REALISTIC transfer targets
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2023, 02:25:06 PM »

We need to do better than Ferguson and Bennett. They have not proved themselves

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2023, 02:42:13 PM »

I'm not a fan of Ferguson. As someone said on another thread he's good at wrestling and he does often manage to win the headers but more often than not they go straight to the opposition rather than the feet of one of our own players.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2023, 02:50:19 PM »

Could Chris Conn Clarke on loan for a season be possible?
or even permanent ?He's been a sub recently for Waterford

I can't see Ali leaving Halifax

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2023, 03:34:23 PM »

We need 2 or 3 signings like LUndstrum or Linney that really spark the energy and enthusiasm. Be it perm signings or long term (12-month loans)
It's all my fault.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2023, 04:22:24 PM »

A few not on the list;
Cameron Mason (Southport)
Scott Leather (Chorley - should they not come up)
Liam Edwards (Chester - should they not come up)
Rob Apter (Blackpool but recently on loan at SC**thorpe)
Connor Hall (Chorley - should they not come up)
Chris Conn-Clarke (obviously would be pricey but just doable)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2023, 04:37:27 PM »

Leather is 30 now . Surely we can do better
Doubt we could afford CCC

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2023, 04:49:42 PM »

Chris senior - unknown club
ParkINson's red and white army

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2023, 05:02:19 PM »

All solid defences have a reliable keeper which then instills confidence in the rest of the defence, I’m of the opinion that the lack of a keeper who bosses his six yard box is a problem which in turn spreads uncertainty in the back line.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2023, 05:05:34 PM »

Admittedly unlikely, but Leather and Baines certainly wouldn't be a bad pairing; at least they'd know each others games inside out

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2023, 10:07:50 PM »

Admittedly unlikely, but Leather and Baines certainly wouldn't be a bad pairing; at least they'd know each others games inside out

How old is Scott now?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2023, 10:24:16 PM »

How old is Scott now?

30 I think.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2023, 11:02:58 PM »

How old is Scott now?

30 I think.

Connor Hall seems to be a more sensible option from Chorley, I think he's good mates with Lewis Baines.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2023, 03:53:52 PM »

Chris Conn-Clarke is on a season-long loan which means he wouldn't be available until we're getting on towards Christmas - that's unless we put in a silly enough bid for them to bring him back.

Looking at other options, Courtney Duffus has just returned for Morecambe following a long term injury but might not have enough time to save himself from the released list. He's a strong lad and can play out wide. Sadly no longer dating Heather Watson.

At the back, the approach might be to look to the NLN again - if Chester don't come up, Matty Williams would be great - but given he's just signed a new contract extension, we'd have to pay a fee.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 04:03:30 PM by MarpleAlty »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2023, 06:16:05 PM »

Considering the coach breaking down today maybe sign another coach firm contract
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team