PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cheshire senior cup match thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Cheshire senior cup match thread  (Read 10276 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Cheshire senior cup match thread
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2023, 10:08:41 PM »

Attendance 1150 we will win 4 -1. No pound pies. No stoppers . No flares
4 out of 5 ain't bad . Massive summer . Give the management the money
ParkINson's red and white army

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2023, 10:38:39 PM »

Not much to be said about that, utterly embarrassing & a black day for the club.

A lot of players are nowhere near good enough & clearly defensively PP & NS really have to think hard about their approach in the summer. 93 goals conceded in all competitions, Aldershot sling enough crosses in on Saturday night & we’ll have a good chance of ‘achieving’ 100.

Shameful.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2023, 11:07:10 PM »

A new low for the season, total sh*t show on the pitch and fighting in the golf road.

Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2023, 11:16:09 PM »

Just got home after diversions on the M 56.
That put the top hat on it.
Only one word describes that game, shocking 🤯

Can't say more at the moment as I'd probably get banned.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2023, 11:28:28 PM »

A new low for the season, total sh*t show on the pitch and fighting in the golf road.

I didn’t see any fighting.  When was this?

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2023, 11:28:37 PM »

Can I say a big well done to a brave and resourceful Congleton team, who did a proper job on us. They deserved to win it in normal time and it was right that they won the shootout.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2023, 11:36:36 PM »

V disappointing performance.  We were comfortable even after they scored their first.  What became apparent was the failure to convert the chances we made; we do persist with plan A even when it isn’t working.  A lot of work to be done in the summer.

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2023, 11:56:14 PM »

I see their assistant manager is our old friend Anthony Griffith.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2023, 11:58:09 PM »

I’m afraid our management team are too one dimensional. No plan B as usual. Why oh why do we pass the ball backwards or sideways so much, we have nobody who can bring the ball out from the back with any confidence. Even Congleton sussed our system.
We looked like the part time outfit.

We desperately need two new keepers.

James Jones was off the pace. Luke Burgess needs to return to Oldham, Bennett isn’t the player we had at the start of the season.

Pringle is too one footed.

The penalty shoot out was a fkn Joke.

Another 130 mile round trip I wish I hadn’t done.

Thank Christ that this season is over.

The Big announcement that is meant to be disclosed to those attending the end of season dinner (which I won’t be there for) had better be along the lines of a lot more money is going to pumped in to attracting players who are a lot better than most of our squad, otherwise we will be definitely be in a relegation struggle next season.

Finally Congratulations to Congleton, you bloody deserved it lads

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2023, 01:52:31 AM »

Not much to be said about that, utterly embarrassing & a black day for the club.

A lot of players are nowhere near good enough & clearly defensively PP & NS really have to think hard about their approach in the summer. 93 goals conceded in all competitions, Aldershot sling enough crosses in on Saturday night & we’ll have a good chance of ‘achieving’ 100.

Shameful.

Spot on.

A mortifyingly abject performance, as our wretched finale to the season concludes with six home games without recording a solitary win.

I've not been so relieved to see a season limp away into the distance since those infamous days of 2016/17.

Congratulations to Congleton Town. I certainly didn't begrudge them their victory and, in truth, I would have been rather embarrassed if we had somehow contrived to have won that match on penalties.

I don't want to see Gould, Bennett and Burgess ever again and it's manifestly time for Pringle to move on.

After a week during which Parkinson haughtily lectured Alty supporters about taking the Cheshire Senior Cup seriously, it's a pity that he didn't express those same views to his players prior to kick-off.

I can only hope that he possesses the humility to apologise for that debacle.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2023, 07:07:53 AM »

Shameful.

Spot on.

A mortifyingly abject performance, as our wretched finale to the season concludes with six home games without recording a solitary win.

I've not been so relieved to see a season limp away into the distance since those infamous days of 2016/17.

Congratulations to Congleton Town. I certainly didn't begrudge them their victory and, in truth, I would have been rather embarrassed if we had somehow contrived to have won that match on penalties.

I don't want to see Gould, Bennett and Burgess ever again and it's manifestly time for Pringle to move on.

After a week during which Parkinson haughtily lectured Alty supporters about taking the Cheshire Senior Cup seriously, it's a pity that he didn't express those same views to his players prior to kick-off.

I can only hope that he possesses the humility to apologise for that debacle.

Don't hold your breath.....

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2023, 08:53:21 AM »

Many congratulations to Congleton. Fully deserved win.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2023, 09:13:08 AM »

I’m afraid our management team are too one dimensional. No plan B as usual. Why oh why do we pass the ball backwards or sideways so much, we have nobody who can bring the ball out from the back with any confidence. Even Congleton sussed our system.
We looked like the part time outfit.

We desperately need two new keepers.

James Jones was off the pace. Luke Burgess needs to return to Oldham, Bennett isn’t the player we had at the start of the season.

Pringle is too one footed.

The penalty shoot out was a fkn Joke.

Another 130 mile round trip I wish I hadn’t done.

Thank Christ that this season is over.

The Big announcement that is meant to be disclosed to those attending the end of season dinner (which I won’t be there for) had better be along the lines of a lot more money is going to pumped in to attracting players who are a lot better than most of our squad, otherwise we will be definitely be in a relegation struggle next season.

Finally Congratulations to Congleton, you bloody deserved it lads

Pretty much agree here, I imagine the announcement is a contract extension for the management duo.. The defence needs sorting, the GK area needs a revamp, new coach and a keeper to challenge Ollie as a minimum. we'd have been better with Forde in goal. I agree over Burgess, no thanks and Bennett needs to get fit, then we might see the old Bennett. Will be interesting to see how we freshen up.

In reflection whilst we were slow inmoving the ball we did have enough chances to win 3 or 4 games, need to be clinical.

I'll renew my season ticket once I see some positivity returned in the refreshing of the squad.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2023, 09:19:58 AM »

We were fitter and more skillfull and still managed to lose.

It's a good thing Jake's testimonial won't be a competitive game.  :-\

The only positive I could take away from the game was that Jordan has massively improved his fitness compared with the start of the season, all credit to him.

Where we go from here I'm not sure.

I don't think there is a big pile of money waiting to be spent for next season but we shall see.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2023, 09:32:48 AM »

this team has lost that cohesiveness that earlier part-time lower division parky sides had by having pretty much the same players on the pitch game in game out. this year i believe being full time has worked against them as there have been too many loan players and too much chopping and changing. of course having to sell two of the best players didn't help.  if this game had been played in alty's evostik season i believe they'd have won as that team was used to winning and expected to win. i think this team is full of doubt.

having said that the players on the pitch should have put their chances away. i believe a cows arse and some banjos are being delivered to egerton later this morning for additional practice.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cheshire senior cup match thread