PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty 0-1 Trannmere
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Alty 0-1 Trannmere  (Read 10991 times)

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Alty 0-1 Trannmere
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007, 11:23:54 AM »

I would like Cavell Coo to sign. I think he is one of those players who could surprise some people.  How many people would have backed Joe O'Neill to be our player of the season 12 months ago?
They really should be beating teams like us

Alty365

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2007, 11:24:42 AM »

I would like Cavell Coo to sign. I think he is one of those players who could surprise some people.  How many people would have backed Joe O'Neill to be our player of the season 12 months ago?

Abso-bloody-exactly!

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2007, 11:29:00 AM »

Who the Cavell Coo are you!

WHO THE CAVELL COO ARE YOU!!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2007, 11:36:23 AM »

Tinson made a few mistakes but i think he will be a good signing when he settles in. Joe is my favourite player but he needs to score more goals. If Potts can stay fit he will be one of the best wingers in this division. The team have enough ability to survive again. Just don't let Aspinall take the penalties.

??? ???

Although there are many things I wouldn't wnat Asa to do, play left back for example, taking penalties isn't one of them. His record is absolutely exceptional. Since he's been here I can only recall 1 miss v St. Albans in about 5 years. Are you sure you're thinking of the right player?

Alty365

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2007, 11:39:30 AM »

Aspinall is world's best at penalties.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2007, 11:45:55 AM »

Aspinall is world's best at penalties.
Trouble is that you can't bring him on just to take penalties unless bring in the use of rolling subsitutes next season.]
They really should be beating teams like us

teasybeaver

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2007, 12:28:00 PM »

Altringham have a PK, Azzpinall the field goal kicker is entering the field of play to unleash his scud missile right foot on the football.

The Northwich Goal Guard looks scared. Redfearn orders his DE-fense to take a timeout. But its too late Azzpinall thunders it into the scorebag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The slime cardinals are negative one to the Altringham SuperRobins!!!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2007, 04:35:43 PM »

Although there are many things I wouldn't wnat Asa to do, play left back for example, taking penalties isn't one of them. His record is absolutely exceptional. Since he's been here I can only recall 1 miss v St. Albans in about 5 years. Are you sure you're thinking of the right player?

Ballers,

How could you forget Aspinall's penalty miss on a foggy Saturday in Southport last season?!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2007, 04:37:55 PM »

Perhaps Coo is the best of what is available, would you prefer we signed nobody and went into the season with 15 men?

No, I'd prefer that we signed a better standard of player rather than just someone who will make up the numbers.

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2007, 04:41:56 PM »

Cavell Coo has been relentlessly slagged off on here from the word go. From what I've been told by people who have seen most of the friendlies, he is actually not as bad as some people on here would have you believe. I think the crucial thing to remember is that he has been playing on the left all summer and for a right-footed player this is never exactly going to bring the best out of you.

I'm not in a position to speak from first hand experience as I've not seen the lad play, but some people on here are just a little bit quick to start slagging players off sometimes. Karl Munroe anybody?

Just a thought.....

I was talking to a very well-informed scout from Tranmere at last night's game and he confirmed that Cavell Coo had always played at left back or on the left side of midfield when he had watched him play for Crewe.

All a bit perplexing really, as he so obviously favours his right foot.   

« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 04:44:34 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »

teasybeaver

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2007, 04:50:44 PM »

Cavell Coo has been relentlessly slagged off on here from the word go. From what I've been told by people who have seen most of the friendlies, he is actually not as bad as some people on here would have you believe. I think the crucial thing to remember is that he has been playing on the left all summer and for a right-footed player this is never exactly going to bring the best out of you.

I'm not in a position to speak from first hand experience as I've not seen the lad play, but some people on here are just a little bit quick to start slagging players off sometimes. Karl Munroe anybody?

Just a thought.....

I was talking to a very well-informed scout from Tranmere at last night's game and he confirmed that Cavell Coo had always played at left back or on the left side of midfield when he had watched him play for Crewe.

All a bit perplexing really, as he so obviously favours his right foot.   

Maybe he has a problem with his balance and he always drifts to the left??????

bighairedmike

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2007, 05:52:43 PM »

Perhaps Coo is the best of what is available, would you prefer we signed nobody and went into the season with 15 men?

No, I'd prefer that we signed a better standard of player rather than just someone who will make up the numbers.

Thats the problem though isn't it. GH knows what standard we need and he is still working to a small wage budget (as he said to us at marine). It isn't as though he isnt trying out different things. He saw Coo as a left back and gave him a trial. It may not have workked out for him at left back but it proves GH knows wwhat he is after and is trying his hardest to get it. From the number of players we have played at left back this season, isn't it obvious that GH sees this as our main problem area?
I think people should appreciate what he is trying to do and that it is a bloody difficult thing to bring decent players to a part time club for not very much money.

Alty365

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2007, 06:00:59 PM »

I see what you're saying, but It's not as if GH sits there while planning his squad and just thinks "I only want to make the numbers up here so we'll just sign anyone we can get". I'm certain he's making every effort to sign the best possible players, but it's the same old story that many of the better players want full time football and those who don't want far too much money. I think we've made really good signings this summer so far and it would have been great to pick up a top class left back. IT's not happened yet but there are still another 10 days before the season starts and there are still plenty of players without clubs. Maybe some of them will be in touch before then.

bighairedmike

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2007, 06:04:46 PM »

I see what you're saying, but It's not as if GH sits there while planning his squad and just thinks "I only want to make the numbers up here so we'll just sign anyone we can get". I'm certain he's making every effort to sign the best possible players, but it's the same old story that many of the better players want full time football and those who don't want far too much money. I think we've made really good signings this summer so far and it would have been great to pick up a top class left back. IT's not happened yet but there are still another 10 days before the season starts and there are still plenty of players without clubs. Maybe some of them will be in touch before then.

Exactly my point. Much more eloquently put though. Well done ;)

Daycare Dan

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2007, 06:31:49 PM »

So when the 12 world beaters we've signed for next season get injured/suspended we do what?

Perhaps taking a gamble on a player who might not look that good at first might pay off, if we sign him on non-contract basis and it does not work out we don't loose much do we?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty 0-1 Trannmere