News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 MyFootballclub.co.uk

Author Topic: MyFootballclub.co.uk  (Read 3200 times)

DarrenH

MyFootballclub.co.uk
« on: August 01, 2007, 06:24:28 PM »

Has anyone else registered on myfootballclub.co.uk
Apparently they have been approached by 3 clubs with a view to being bought out.
One is a division 2 side the other two are from the conference.
Any idea who the two conference clubs are ??

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: MyFootballclub.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 06:46:38 PM »

I thought this was going to be a tedious thread about would it be good if they bought Alty, the answer obviously being no for f sake for about a million reasons but this is interesting. 2 conference clubs who are amenable to being bought out eh? Hmm, let me think, well some of the ones who are struggling a bit seem to have had their takeovers completed, or at least found new investment so we rule out largely Cambridge, Halifax, Crawley and Weymouth. Obviously not us as Geoff and Co are (I bloody well hope :)) too intelligent to let the club go like that.

Hmm, tricky one, perhaps an ex league team that's getting restless, perhaps Woking as the boy Ingham is upping sticks later on, perhaps a team that doesn't really have a soul to it (I mean if you were a serious club you wouldn't would you?) like Rushden maybe.

I suspect it could be a whole load of spin and the 2 clubs are from the conference north, or more likely South.

fgrfan

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 07:38:52 PM »

the two highest ranked conference clubs on the list of what people wanted to buy i believe to be cambridge utd and york city. is anyone sending in their £35 to us or do you reckon it is a hoax and it could be a danger financially??

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 08:30:15 PM »

if Alty are invloved in this I will explode  >:(

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 08:38:12 PM »

I'm actually very, very worried about this. We are currently top of this so called 'league' and Lee Power was on the tv saying he'd welcome some extra investment. Here's hoping he'll tell them to piss off when he realises what they could do.

How on Earth would anyone let a load of 15-year-old numpties paying £35 quid a pop pick the team and buy players for a club they've probably never watched and never will? Jimmy Quinn is paid to manage Cambridge not them. There's no way any manager worth his salt will allow his team to be dictated by nerds. An absolute disaster in waiting. I wouldn't wish these idiots on any club. Let's hope no one is stupid enough to front up the £35 quid and get the ball rolling.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 08:45:28 PM »

I'm actually very, very worried about this. We are currently top of this so called 'league' and Lee Power was on the tv saying he'd welcome some extra investment. Here's hoping he'll tell them to piss off when he realises what they could do.

How on Earth would anyone let a load of 15-year-old numpties paying £35 quid a pop pick the team and buy players for a club they've probably never watched and never will? Jimmy Quinn is paid to manage Cambridge not them. There's no way any manager worth his salt will allow his team to be dictated by nerds. An absolute disaster in waiting. I wouldn't wish these idiots on any club. Let's hope no one is stupid enough to front up the £35 quid and get the ball rolling.

Agree 100%

Perhaps they should just start a new club of their own?

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 09:13:37 PM »

Or takeover MK Dons. They'd be the only club that'd come close to deserving these clowns.

Just thinking though... if the worst scenario happened and they did takeover a club, surely the FA would have to step in? But then again, the FA have hardly covered themselves in glory when it comes to safeguarding football these last few years.

DarrenH

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 10:12:42 PM »

I agree 100%.
I was just curious as to what kind of club owners would sell out their own club and let it be run by virtually anyone.
Could be a disaster for whoever ends up being bought.
Think it is one to watch with interest.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 10:14:45 PM »

I was just curious as to what kind of club owners would sell out their own club and let it be run by virtually anyone.

That would be Crawley then?

Ashley Alty

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 11:04:47 AM »

Their top 15 clubs as at today is rather bizarre, some expected (Leeds, Nottingham Forest, MK Franchise) but Notts County? Oxford United?  £400,000 needed for admin fees?  A scam?

fgrfan

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 12:22:53 PM »

its going to take a very strong "head coach" under this system. who would like their team picked by people on the internet?  ???
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 MyFootballclub.co.uk